Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes

are these rotors a good choice for my ta?
here the link.... http://rpmspeed.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=1598
Old 04-09-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00TAM6
are these rotors a good choice for my ta?
here the link.... http://rpmspeed.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=1598

Unless you just want them for the looks blanks are more durable and perfom as good or better. The price is good tough cause I just today paid $120 for two rears made in the the USA by Bendix....I don't like the Chinese and Mexican stuff.... Don't know squat about Dora????
Old 04-09-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been running the power stop drilled for a while now with no problems. I don't think they made a big differance in stoping power but I warped 2 sets of oem roters in 15k miles. I have about 12k on these and there isn't a single shake when I brake.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294782477
Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure about that brand but even good drilled rotors will start to crack around the holes after a while and cheap ones are even worse. Maybe check out Strano's packages before you commit to buy those. He has free shipping on ATE slotted rotors right now: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=16&ModelID=8
Old 04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
Not sure about that brand but even good drilled rotors will start to crack around the holes after a while and cheap ones are even worse. Maybe check out Strano's packages before you commit to buy those. He has free shipping on ATE slotted rotors right now: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=16&ModelID=8
Not starting a but do you have any pic's or links...ect... of the cracking? I have read alot of posts where people say they crack but have never seen first hand. I put the same power stop drilled roters on my mom's SC 3.8 buick and she got 100,000 miles and went through 4 sets of pads on these roters. After 2 sets of pads I had them turned and then ran 2 more sets of pads, no cracks at all when I put the 2nd set of roters on. So I have had very good luck with these roters.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by conan
Not starting a but do you have any pic's or links...ect... of the cracking? I have read alot of posts where people say they crack but have never seen first hand. I put the same power stop drilled roters on my mom's SC 3.8 buick and she got 100,000 miles and went through 4 sets of pads on these roters. After 2 sets of pads I had them turned and then ran 2 more sets of pads, no cracks at all when I put the 2nd set of roters on. So I have had very good luck with these roters.
Perhaps they wear out pads fast then cause usually I get 60k-90k on my pads. First change on the T/A now at 87k......
Old 04-10-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by conan
Sure, the top pic is one from a set of Brembo rotors I had on my TA for a while and the bottom two are of a drilled and slotted rotor I happened to find but unsure of what brand that one is.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

WOW, That second rotor is scary! Thanks for the pic's I'll have to keep an eye on mine.