Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gurgle sound?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy gurgle sound?

My exhaust, lid and bellow were just installed last week on the same day and now if I rev the engine i hear a gurgling sound, I think it is comming from either the lid or the bellow? The first time I noticed it was right after I installed the bellow. Has anyone had this problem before? All input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:39 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what do you mean "gurgle"? i installed my full exaust, lid and bellows all within a few days of each other and there was no abnormal sound. makr sure your lid is secured tight, the slp lids require a bit of tweaking to get it right anf also make sure the belllows are tight around the maf and tb. if all is tight and secure i cant think of anything it could be besides maybe an exhuast leak from the LM or its just the normal sound of the LM.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can hear my FIPK suck in air when I rev but I dont think the lid has the same affect. Please elaborate more.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its kinda hard to explain... It does not do it at full throttle, it seems to do it at cruising speeds or when it is winding down after I get on it. It sounds like "water bubbles" if that makes any sense? I checked my lid and bellow and they are both on good. Im starting to wonder if it might be an exhaust leak?

thanks
Old 11-11-2003, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea, ive never heard of this before, maybe your right with the exaust leak.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:48 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you're hearing the water from your cooling system surging through the heater core. I used to hear it all the time in my T/A. The heater core is located against the firewall of the car.

I'm not sure how you're hearing sounds from the lid or the bellows while driving.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 11-11-2003 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99silverWS6
My exhaust, lid and bellow were just installed last week on the same day and now if I rev the engine i hear a gurgling sound, I think it is comming from either the lid or the bellow? The first time I noticed it was right after I installed the bellow. Has anyone had this problem before? All input would be greatly appreciated!
I hope the sound your hear doesn't remind marbles in a can in anyway

...if it's something like water bubbles, that sounds like the coolant. I hear it on my car all the time, after the engine is turned off, that is, probably need to add some coolant and may be the radiator cap going bad? I don't know, but I know the sound..
Old 11-12-2003, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

I don't know the exact terminology...but are you talking about the sound the exhaust makes when the RPMs are on their way back down? I know that if my car is kinda cold, and I take a little time between shifts, the exhaust makes a small rattling/backfiring sound. I don't think it's a bg deal, but it sounds like something that should not be happening.
Old 11-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

I just installed the TSP lid today, and I noticed the gurgling noise you speak of. It's only at partial throttle settings I think it's just the intake your hearing... what the baffels were for in the first place...
Old 11-22-2003, 07:18 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by camss69
I just installed the TSP lid today, and I noticed the gurgling noise you speak of. It's only at partial throttle settings I think it's just the intake your hearing... what the baffels were for in the first place...
That's news to me.
I got a sucking noise when my lid was installed. No gurgle. Sorry, no help.

Quick Reply: gurgle sound?