Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too many choices !

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many choices !

With the economy the way it is I just can't "afford" to make any BAD decisions ! I have 2 questions in which I need help. I have an LS1 (2001) basically stock except for ZO6 head and cam pkg., LS6 intake, long tube headers, stock 4L6E trans and converter, and stock rearend with 373's. I just want to give it a little kick in the pants! My first question is " what would be the BEST nitrous system for this set up" and how much can I spray? 2nd question is what stall converter would work best with this set up? My car is NOT a daily driver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any of the vendors for both products. I'd say circle D, yank (what I have) vigilante...somewhere in the 4000 range. As far as nitrous, HSW or Nitrous daves (also what I have) make great products. I think they are having xmas sales too. Watch that 10 bolt after a converter and kit though lol.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say more of a 3200-3600 stall for that small cam...
sounds like you already have a decent set up.. i know you said things are tight.. but id swap cams before i did Nitrous..
Old 12-09-2009, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

Your information is very much appreciated. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you're going to be spraying it off the line, you might want to look into a converter with anti ballooning plates or a billet front/cover.
i spray 150 with a (cheaper) 9.5" non-billet performabuilt 3600 race converter without problems so far, but i'm not spraying it off the line (yet). i was advised by performabuilt that as long as i keep it at or below a 150 shot and just usually spray 2nd and 3rd, there should be no worries.

i'd say go with nitrous outlet or harris speed works for the n2o setup (colder spark plugs, entry level wet kit + bottle heater should do it) and get a GOOD efficient converter with a billet cover, large lockup clutch area and i wouldn't go over 3600 stall for spray unless you're shift points are at something like 6300+ rpm. once you hit the spray, it will stall higher.
if you've got more (another 1200-1500) money to spend, i'd say go with a harris speed works dry plate setup using the interface for fueling, upgrade your injectors, install a wideband, use a NANO push system instead of a bottle heater, and get it dyno tuned.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
if you're going to be spraying it off the line, you might want to look into a converter with anti ballooning plates or a billet front/cover.
i spray 150 with a (cheaper) 9.5" non-billet performabuilt 3600 race converter without problems so far, but i'm not spraying it off the line (yet). i was advised by performabuilt that as long as i keep it at or below a 150 shot and just usually spray 2nd and 3rd, there should be no worries.

i'd say go with nitrous outlet or harris speed works for the n2o setup (colder spark plugs, entry level wet kit + bottle heater should do it) and get a GOOD efficient converter with a billet cover, large lockup clutch area and i wouldn't go over 3600 stall for spray unless you're shift points are at something like 6300+ rpm. once you hit the spray, it will stall higher.
if you've got more (another 1200-1500) money to spend, i'd say go with a harris speed works dry plate setup using the interface for fueling, upgrade your injectors, install a wideband, use a NANO push system instead of a bottle heater, and get it dyno tuned.
Once again, THANKS for the help.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Please don't this the wrong way but if you are pinching pennies when trying to go hot rodding, the last thing you want to do is run a lot of Nitrious through a stock bottom end engine.

I'd put my budgeted money into "safer" mods.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should check out corvette servos for the trans and turn down the torque management, you can make allthe power in the world if the ecu limits advance you're wasting lots of low end!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 69camaross
Please don't this the wrong way but if you are pinching pennies when trying to go hot rodding, the last thing you want to do is run a lot of Nitrious through a stock bottom end engine.

I'd put my budgeted money into "safer" mods.
Not pinchin pennies. We all know in the "High Performance " game we tend to buy "MOD" pieces only to find out we shoulda coulda went bigger or better (or better yet,did'nt even need the mod). I'm just looking for advise to purchase the mods that will compliment my set up for maximum performance without spending money foolishly.