Sponsored by:

This is horrible!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy This is horrible!

http://monsterrods.com/forum/viewtop...352421d2f31545

If that doesn't work, go to monserrods.com and go to the lounge and the thread is labled "Ohh **** Son"
Old 01-03-2004, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very depressing to see that...
Old 01-03-2004, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

No good..
Old 01-03-2004, 11:15 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

am i the only one who see's some good in that :dunno:, there are only a few american cars that i would even consider and thats only cuz they have some power (gto, vette, stang, trucks). for a simple buy, drive, and forget it car imports cant be beat.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
am i the only one who see's some good in that :dunno:, there are only a few american cars that i would even consider and thats only cuz they have some power (gto, vette, stang, trucks). for a simple buy, drive, and forget it car imports cant be beat.
You are absolutely right.

And what's the big shock in this story? This has been going on for years...Ford has been using Mazda engines for a looooong time, Chrysler has been using German parts for a while, and does anyone remeber DSMs??? Half the parts we get for our cars are made somewhere else anyway. I'm all for keeping as many jobs in America as possible, but let's face facts here: The big three are "businesses" are being run by "business men". They see a way to make a more reliable car that will sell more for less money...wtf do you think they're going to do? If guys like us ran the big three, things would very different: the cars would all kicks ***, but the companies would be run into the ground becuase most people don't buy cars with the same goals as we have. They have to cater to the "bread and butter" or "buy, drive, and forget it" market that JRP was talking about. And that is where the imports are king.

And the cross-company sharing is also bringing us good things...the GTO for one.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:16 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Chrysler has been using Mitsubishi motors in many of their vehicles for years. A vast majority of the minivans they produce have Mitsubishi engines (or at least they did a few years ago). That doesn't even count the platform-sharing that cars like the Stratus coupe uses.....

I work in the silkscreened apparel industry. It's cheaper to have the garments sewn and decorated overseas and shipped on a boat here than it is for us to just do it all here. We're slowly biting the hand that feeds, and one day it's gonna bite us back!
Old 01-03-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nobody ever argued the superiority of foreign Chassis...this will in turn make the cars better and save GM and the like money..
Old 01-03-2004, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Reading that gave me the chill's ......... literally.... I hope that doesnt happen..... we need to keep our car's american.... not some swedish crap....
Old 01-03-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

if companies can import things for our cars that make them safer, more reliable and cheaper, then why not do it? if its just for cost and makes me less reliable and less safe, then there is no point IMO. its not a matter of import vs. domestic to me. its a matter of economy style 4 bangers vs. american v8 muscle. its like comparing a 2 year old white kid to a 32 year old black man. to me as long as its got the V8 in it, i dont really care too much where the other **** comes from as long as it supports the V8 and i can continue to scare the ever living **** out of the import crowd.