Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA

I am an idiot and forgot quite a bit since I started this a while back. I also at this time took out the AIR and EGR and made block off plates for them and have them bolted on now so that is out of the way.

There is an orange hookup looks very strange at the back where the intake would sit. I am pretty sure it's not a vaccuum line.

I have a few leftover small vaccuum pieces that I think I don't need to use. I am looking over blueknights video over and over again. Any help on this wierd area is much appreciated.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Not sure..... A lil more info but double check on the oil pressure sensor those are notorious for breaking when installing new intake plenum.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what orange hookup you are talking about... Pic?

As for vacuum lines.. Don't hook some up and your heat/air won't work correctly.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Not sure of the orange hookup but the small vacuum lines connect to a nipple coming off the passenger rear of the intake.

Jon
Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Default Unfortunately I found it...

It's the inner of the oil pressure sending unit. Boo. Now I need one of those. So a $125 hose from GM and now this. Looks like I'm going to a junk yard soon. Boo...
Old 04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ssjTAdriver
It's the inner of the oil pressure sending unit. Boo. Now I need one of those. So a $125 hose from GM and now this. Looks like I'm going to a junk yard soon. Boo...
They are actually pretty cheap from the parts store IIRC... And you don't have to do the work of getting the other one off, its brand new, and a warranty on it!

125$ hose?
Old 04-29-2010, 07:35 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
They are actually pretty cheap from the parts store IIRC... And you don't have to do the work of getting the other one off, its brand new, and a warranty on it!

125$ hose?
Yeah it's the Y-vaccuum line that goes to the throttle body (at least IIRC) and something else. The y portion is behind the intake. Well while trying to remove it I lost my patience and it broke the plastic inside the soft layer (the longest plastic piece). That's the only way I can describe it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-y-vaccuum-line-transam.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah it's the Y-vaccuum line that goes to the throttle body (at least IIRC) and something else. The y portion is behind the intake. Well while trying to remove it I lost my patience and it broke the plastic inside the soft layer (the longest plastic piece). That's the only way I can describe it. Thanks.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the LS1 PCV lines. Goes from the back of the driver's side valve cover, around the back of the intake and then meets up with a short line off the rear passenger valve cover up to the front?
While you have it off, you can just swap the valley cover to the LS6 and get rid of that line...valley cover was like$80 from GMPD and should help with oil comsumption.

Last edited by peterlawl84; 04-29-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by peterlawl84
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is the LS1 PCV lines. Goes from the back of the driver's side valve cover, around the back of the intake and then meets up with a short line off the rear passenger valve cover up to the front?
While you have it off, you can just swap the valley cover to the LS6 and get rid of that line...valley cover was like$80 from GMPD and should help with oil comsumption.
I do now realize it's the pcv line. I will have to look into the valley cover. I have not read about that. I appreciate all the help guys. I am pretty GM challenged.

Thanks,
Troy
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I do now realize it's the pcv line. I will have to look into the valley cover. I have not read about that. I appreciate all the help guys. I am pretty GM challenged.

Thanks,
Troy
I just read about it on ls1howto and always wondered why the car burned oil....so far since doing the swap, it hasn't consumed nearly as much oil.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

yeah thats def the pcv vaccum hose assebly. f-ing gm wont seperate it so you need to buy the entire piece even if just one elbow hose rots and breaks

...or

you can do what i did and go to oriellys and piece together your own and make it work good if not better than before. for less $15 bucks. I only ahd a few sections rot out (and like you i got impatient and tugged a bit when pulling the itnake and broke them). oriellys has the exact elbow hose that goes from the valve cover and they also have a "housing" to stick the PCV valve in if that section broke. a little more tubing here, a few pcv connectors there, and your done

so glad i stopped in there that day instead of ordering that gm part
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Got a part number for the oreillys "housing" for the pcv?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

Default Please help here....

So first things first, if anyone lives in North East Ohio and would be willing to give me a hand by all means please help me...

Now that that's out of the way... I hate working on this car. I break stuff and lose it as well. I've never lost things working on a car before. This is the 14th car I've ever worked on and this is a first for me. This car is my kryptonite. In addition to the ls6 conversion and self porting of my tb: I removed the EGR and the AIR while doing this swap as well.

1. The first pic shows where I am missing the grey clip piece from attaching to the intake front.

2. I'm pretty sure the black nut on the black clamp in the right side of the pic is supposed to be in this location and I think it attaches to the throttle body tension piece that I cannot find.

3. This is at the rear of the driver's side valve cover area. I have no idea what this is to if anything at all... I never know.

4 & 5. This is a small clip that might not be to anything. But I never know.... it's strange.

6 & 7. These are vaccuum lines that I have no idea where they go. I keep trying to find a place for them (thinking it should be pretty out in the open) and cannot. Does anyone have a picture for me to follow or a diagram from GM?

I suck at working on this car. Blue Knight it's taken my retarded *** weeks (due to waiting on parts mostly) but still total work time is over 8 hours (mostly scratching my head). I wish you were here to save the day but I think I'm alone on this one. Let me work on a foxbody any day of the week over this monster the general put on this planet to torment me.
Attached Thumbnails Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-grey-clip-missing.jpg   Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-should-clamp-front-driver-side-intake-rear.jpg   Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-strange-clip-2.jpg   Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-strange-clip-front-view.jpg   Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-strange-clip-side-view.jpg  

Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-vaccuum-lines-1.jpg   Exact hookups for the ls6 intake on 2000 TA-vaccuum-lines-2.jpg  
Old 05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

From pic 1 I found the little clip it fell from the hose piece and I found it by the drivers side head light. In any case I am still missing the throttle tensioner piece and that sucks.

I also cannot find out where the Y piece goes to after I already yanked it out!!!! It shouldn't be this hard... like mayo in the fridge that's right in front of me.