New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i found out my ss is a z28. help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was that paper in the car, OP? If so, your odds just got a little better. Car looks bad *** regardless.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,684 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Since we're giving opinions on the appearance of the car now, here's what needs to be done:

- Smash the headlights with a hammer. Install stock ones, or stock ones with the Whistler mod.

- I would change back to the stock blinkers, but I guess those aren't TOO bad.

- Paint the roof black, like it should be.

- Ditch the wheels. Some 18" deep dish Y2K Corvette wheels in chrome would be nice. Or some TT2s.

But that's just me.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:42 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinions in red.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Since we're giving opinions on the appearance of the car now, here's what needs to be done:

- Smash the headlights with a hammer. Install stock ones, or stock ones with the Whistler mod. - Agree. "Angle eyes" look kinda ricer

- I would change back to the stock blinkers, but I guess those aren't TOO bad. - I don't like tinted corners either. Clear corners, untinted, look good.
- Paint the roof black, like it should be. - Some SS cars came with roof and sail panel painted body color. Rare, but there are a few. IMO, body color roof looks much better. I would keep it white.
- Ditch the wheels. Some 18" deep dish Y2K Corvette wheels in chrome would be nice. Or some TT2s. - no way on TT2s. Waaaaay overplayed. Can't go to a meet and not see a couple F-bods on TT2s. Thin spoke C6 ZO6 wheels is my suggestion.
But that's just me.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just freakin call SLP and get it overwith....SHEEEEESHHHHH
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS
No. LS1-era B4C's came with exhaust tips just like a Z28.

A B4C is the RPO code for "Special Sevice Package". It could be ordered by law enforcement and other government agencies. There is little functional difference between a B4C and a Z28, but a B4C is NOT a Z28 and you will not find Z28 on it's door sticker, build sheet, or window sticker.
Agreed...I didn't mean you'd find Z28 on a B4C's RPO sticker...but the underpinnings of the car (engine, trans and so on) IS the same as a Z28.

OP, did you call SLP yet?
Old 10-01-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

updates??
Old 10-01-2010, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

Regardless if it's a z28 or ss, you still got a sexy car, Roy92.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtirocz
I'd convert it to a Z28 if I were you. I'll trade you my Z28 hood and spoiler for your SS parts to help you out.
id help you out too ill ship you all my stuff at my expenses ...dude seriously why does it matter? its just a spoiler and a hood. you got a really nice car there
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T AM
Regardless if it's a z28 or ss, you still got a sexy car, Roy92.
Yea for 18k Just imagine the mod money you would have not buying that car.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
Yeah, and after reading some of this thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...sylmar-ca.html
Old 10-01-2010, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
wow your a dick

Last edited by disc0monkey; 10-01-2010 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Teching In

well i just called SLP...

"we're sorry but its not one of our cars"

i bought a Z28

what should i do?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roy92
well i just called SLP...

"we're sorry but its not one of our cars"

i bought a Z28

what should i do?
call judge judy?

Old 10-01-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

the car had 37k miles when i bought it.

i checked for the sticker and its gone.. theres just two stickers from slp. but no rpo codes

heres a picture of the slp options

Does this VIN match your cars VIN? Call them and ask them if that is a correct document. Also take a picture of the inside of the door where the sticker should be
Old 10-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NufNuffZ28
Does this VIN match your cars VIN? Call them and ask them if that is a correct document. Also take a picture of the inside of the door where the sticker should be
yea it does match. idk how thats possible? maybe like ls1tech.fan said, he forged it. so perfectly
Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

yea it does match. idk how thats possible? maybe like ls1tech.fan said, he forged it. so perfectly
I just put your VIN # from the picture of the sheet you posted into my system. It does show that the car was built with the WU8 Camaro SS package, which basicly means that the car was built destined to be shipped to SLP for new parts. This is directly from General Motors. Dont sweat it, son. Even if SLP says its not, GM built the car with SS intentions. so even if its a "clone", its not. you could rightfully have SS parts on it and be authentic in the eyes of GM.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly man, it doesn't really matter imo. This is coming from a hawk owner btw who doesn't think option packages are the end all and be all. Exclusivity is nice, but to me it's not really a deal breaker. The biggest issue imo, is that you might not had paid as much as you did had you known it wasn't an "SS"(if it is in fact not an "SS"). Maybe you would not have bought it at all if you knew, or maybe you would have? Either way, if you would have bought this car anyways, who cares right? If not, go back and see if you can talk them into some type of "deale-o" (free oil changes for twenty years or somethin'- lol jk.). But in reality, all of these fbodys, when equipped with ls1 motors (and lt1 is great too imho) are fabtastic! Some have this and some have that, but at the end of the day it is a nice looking car with a nice powerplant to me. Don't worry, be happy. Nice car, whether it is an SS or not. Also I agree that the TT2s are overplayed. Stick with that or go to something unique, just not anything larger than 17 inches though Mine are chrome "Dale Earnhardt edition-Killers-" They are 17s, but in person they almost look smaller. In person, they are mean looking but totally different than anything that I would have run before, but quite honestly they have grown on me. They look great and I get a lot of looks (and not just from Harley fanatics who love screaming eagles/firebirds and chrome ). But big ricer rims aren't the way to go imo. Dyno killing and rice looks aren't the number one goal to most of us . But be unique, if you do that you'll get to find out what YOU like, not everyone else. Good luck

Last edited by oddwraith; 10-01-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Honestly man, it doesn't really matter imo. This is coming from a hawk owner btw who doesn't think option packages are the end all and be all. Exclusivity is nice, but to me it's not really a deal breaker. The biggest issue imo, is that you might not had paid as much as you did had you known it wasn't an "SS"(if it is in fact not an "SS"). Maybe you would not have bought it at all if you knew, or maybe you would have? Either way, if you would have bought this car anyways, who cares right? If not, go back and see if you can talk them into some type of "deale-o" (free oil changes for twenty years or somethin'- lol jk.). But in reality, all of these fbodys, when equipped with ls1 motors (and lt1 is great too imho) are fabtastic! Some have this and some have that, but at the end of the day it is a nice looking car with a nice powerplant to me. Don't worry, be happy. Nice car, whether it is an SS or not. Also I agree that the TT2s are overplayed. Stick with that or go to something unique, just not anything larger than 17 inches though Dyno killing and rice looks aren't the number one goal to most of us . But be unique, if you do that you'll get to find out what YOU like, not everyone else. Good luck
thanks man.. i do like the car just that i wanted to know what it really was.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think u should go bitch thier *** out and dont leave until u get some money back...but i wouldnt trust getting free oil changes from them lol probaly **** it up on purpose, but if u really worried bout it just put z28 badges on it dont take off the hood and spoiler!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
i think u should go bitch thier *** out and dont leave until u get some money back...but i wouldnt trust getting free oil changes from them lol probaly **** it up on purpose, but if u really worried bout it just put z28 badges on it dont take off the hood and spoiler!
the guy only does appointments tho.. so i gotta call him by phone or else he wont be at his shop. this is his shop http://camarokingla.com/

Quick Reply: so i found out my ss is a z28. help?