Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i found out my ss is a z28. help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 01:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155
I just put your VIN # from the picture of the sheet you posted into my system. It does show that the car was built with the WU8 Camaro SS package, which basicly means that the car was built destined to be shipped to SLP for new parts. This is directly from General Motors. Dont sweat it, son. Even if SLP says its not, GM built the car with SS intentions. so even if its a "clone", its not. you could rightfully have SS parts on it and be authentic in the eyes of GM.
hmm...so basically this car got lost somewhere between the GM factory and SLP. Shouldn't that make this car pretty darn rare: confused:
Old 10-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Roy92
the guy only does appointments tho.. so i gotta call him by phone or else he wont be at his shop. this is his shop http://camarokingla.com/
i would get all the facts,and proof that its not a real ss ,from slp and turn this into a legal matter, this guy wanted to buy his dream car, and was sold a fraud, and he has proof, i think, im not a lawer, but i would talk to one and see what he thinks
Old 10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks man.. i do like the car just that i wanted to know what it really was.
Yeah I hear you there. First thing I did was call SLP to find out what # mine was, so I'd be a hypocrite to say I wasn't curious as well. But doesn't the information so far indicate that, for all intents and purposes, this IS in fact an SS? It just seems like it is to me, but I could be wrong. In my books, not that those matter lol, it's an SS. IF all the info you have given so far is correct.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

something sems really shady with this whole thing, and 18k.... wow thats a lot for an f-body
Old 10-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

now i fell like getting rid of the car
Old 10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, really? Well bring the ****** back man. Not like you signed your soul away. I'd keep it and breathe some new life into her and make the papers regret ever disagreeing. But that's just me just sayin'. Once modded up nice these cars all rock. But if having an SS is what you want, it's what you want, and it IS what you paid for, correct? I would have taken any ol' bird with an ls1, just happened to find what I did.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by disc0monkey
wow your a dick
Hey I didnt make the mistake of overpaying for a terrible example of a cloned SS. Some people are SO STUPID!! Whatever you wanna think bud.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Haha, you really are dick!
Old 10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

cant it still be an ss even though its not an slp car? i thought starting in 2000 gm made the ss and only some of them went to slp?? i could be totally wrong but for some reason i thought that lol.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An SS is the exact same as a Z28 with a few cosmetic differences. Aside from people who don't know **** about 4th gens, no one (with a reasonably functioning mind) gives a damn what sticker package a Camaro came with. Same engine, same transmission, same axle.

Getting hung up over SS vs Z28 or WS6 vs sleek-beak is asinine.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmoken
cant it still be an ss even though its not an slp car? i thought starting in 2000 gm made the ss and only some of them went to slp?? i could be totally wrong but for some reason i thought that lol.
Well I have heard something about the WS6 going from "in-house" to "SLP" or "SLP" to "in-house" at some point during its production. So if the WS6 could be taken over by GM (can't remember the year they did this switch) from SLP or vice versa, why not? So maybe?

I do think that the WS6 was eventually taken back over by GM and was no longer an SLP exclusive car. Or was it the other way around lol. Someone got time to do the leg work? I've used all mine up now and got drunk
Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Did you miss the post where GM's system says the car DOES have the WU8 RPO code?

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155
I just put your VIN # from the picture of the sheet you posted into my system. It does show that the car was built with the WU8 Camaro SS package, which basicly means that the car was built destined to be shipped to SLP for new parts. This is directly from General Motors. Dont sweat it, son. Even if SLP says its not, GM built the car with SS intentions. so even if its a "clone", its not. you could rightfully have SS parts on it and be authentic in the eyes of GM.
The car IS an SS...maybe the guy you had on the phone from SLP didn't hear you correctly when you read him the VIN, maybe their documentation is sketchy...I'd trust GM's documentation WAY WAY more than I'd trust anyone elses...if GM says it's a WU8 car...it's an SS.

This website ALSO shows WU8 for that VIN...long as thats the cars VIN...it's an SS. http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2G1FP22G322111597
Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Teching In

hold on ill post up some pictures right now.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Like I said, to me, its an SS! Leave it.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Well I have heard something about the WS6 going from "in-house" to "SLP" or "SLP" to "in-house" at some point during its production. So if the WS6 could be taken over by GM (can't remember the year they did this switch) from SLP or vice versa, why not? So maybe?

I do think that the WS6 was eventually taken back over by GM and was no longer an SLP exclusive car. Or was it the other way around lol. Someone got time to do the leg work? I've used all mine up now and got drunk
All WS.6 cars were produced by ASC, no? I don't think SLP ever touched them.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Element
All WS.6 cars were produced by ASC, no? I don't think SLP ever touched them.
Nope. That's not correct iirc. I'm sure SLP had some of 'em.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Teching In

these are the only 2 stickers i found on the door

ive never seen these stickers on a camaro before

Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, dude you have an SS. Slp did NOT put there name to anything they did not make money on, and I don't blame them. Done.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Nope. That's not correct iirc. I'm sure SLP had some of 'em.
SLP was LT1 cars only for the WS6; ASC for the LS1 cars.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah...I don't know why you still think it isn't an SS...it IS absolutely an SS, just whoever previously owned it, decided to take the original SS badges off, and stick those ones on...to me, it looks like a WICKED clean SS with some ugly mods...for one, take the air lid off, rotate the MAF sensor so it's straight (because it's slightly angled and looks shitty)...

If it were me, I'd get rid of those ugly fake badges and put some real SS badges on it in the correct places...or do no badges at all...get rid of the angel eye lights...I had a set of the black corner lenses like this car has, and liked how they looked, but they didn't last...if you are going to keep them, make the little white bulb sockets black with a little touch up paint so they don't stand out so bad...I'd also buy a set of black lugnuts to match the wheels, and re-do the calipers in black instead of red...and I'd ditch the AIR system under the hood, but you're in Cali so that might not be a good idea.

Quick Reply: so i found out my ss is a z28. help?