New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Need this to pass inspection by this weekend! Turn Signal question on 99 TA.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! Need this to pass inspection by this weekend! Turn Signal question on 99 TA.

2 years ago my turn signal recepticle on the driver side front crapped out (due to rust) in my 99 TA. The replacement recepticle uses black leads instead of the factory color codes. I was changing the bulb and my (obviously pretty bad) wiring job came loose. Before I had the original recepticle to go by as a guide to match up the wires... Now I have NO idea which of the 3 colored wires from the factory wiring harness go to which of the three black recepticle leads. There is what looks to be a blue, brown(?), and black wire. On the passenger side they are blue, black w/ white stripe, and black... so trying to mimic the passenger side is no good. Inspection is needed by this weekend. Anybody know the answer to this or would be kind enough to pull their recepticle down and snap a pic for me? Thanks all!

Last edited by smgbad; 11-07-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just look at the other side and see if it is the same. If not look at the factory wiring diagrams to find your answer.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

If it wasn't dark and raining here I'd look at mine. I can look tomorrow for you.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000PewterT/A
Just look at the other side and see if it is the same. If not look at the factory wiring diagrams to find your answer.
It's not the same on both sides. Passenger side is dark blue/black with white stripe/solid black. Driver side (affected side) is light blue/brown/solid black. NO clue where to find the factory wiring diagram...
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlaskO
If it wasn't dark and raining here I'd look at mine. I can look tomorrow for you.
That woud be fantastic. I left everything apart til it's fixed so no nighttime driving til this is fixed. Thanks again for any help!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Ok... so I found this pic online and used it as a guide.

http://www.paveglio.com/firebird/200...per%20hole.jpg

The light lights up, but will not flash. Not even when the hazards are on. All the other lights on the car flash just fine (including the driver side rear), but this one is nada. Bad wire? Bad Flasher? Bad recepticle? I have no idea where to go from here or how to test this stuff with a multimeter (although I do have one), and could really use an assist. Thx in advance to anyone who can help.

P.S. I also switched the bulbs to see if that was the problem, but the bulb that was staying on blinks just fine in the passenger side recepticle, and the one the WAS in the passenger side recepticle and working fine now stays lit solid with no blinking.

Last edited by smgbad; 11-08-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Ok... Anybody want to buy a 99 TA? lol

Just went to AutoZone and replaced the recepticle and bulb. No good...

Since the passenger side and both rears still work, what is my next step? I REALLY need help here.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

I just checked my car after work and they are the same as that picture.
Actually all of mine were white. Some one redid mine too, but I traced the wores back and thats how they are.

A-Blue
B-Brown
C-Black

Maybe This thread can help.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-blinking.html

Best Of luck