Sponsored by:

New Z28 Here :-)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 08:58 PM
PCG
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Z28 Here :-)

Yup just got back from the dealer, I get to pick her up tomorrow. I finally reached my goal, this is my first car, I am only 17. Yet I am paying for insurance, car payment, gas, etc. So no parents buying me a car business.

Anyways I thought I would introduce myself to you guys. You all seem pretty knowledgeable here. Well I am off to find all of the free mods I can
Old 03-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome.

installuniversity.com for starters.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PCG
Yup just got back from the dealer, I get to pick her up tomorrow. I finally reached my goal, this is my first car, I am only 17. Yet I am paying for insurance, car payment, gas, etc. So no parents buying me a car business.

Anyways I thought I would introduce myself to you guys. You all seem pretty knowledgeable here. Well I am off to find all of the free mods I can
Congrats to you on your car. Not sure of what you had before but remember to respect the power and save the racing for the track. I know your parents are going to be both proud of you and also a little worried.

I know as we lost our 16 year old daughter to an accident just a year ago Christmas. And remember rear wheel drive is cool but does not offer the same type of traction as front wheel drive on slick surfaces.

Again congrats and take good care of it and you!
Old 03-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by XuhQshinR

I know as we lost our 16 year old daughter to an accident just a year ago Christmas.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:37 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

It's good to see a young person that's responsible enough to purchase their own vehicle and take care of all the other business that is associated with it. You'll appreciate it more seeing how the money to maintain it is coming out of your own pocket. That's quite the car to have as a first car, so please be mindful of the power you'll have under your foot. I'm glad my first car wasn't as powerful as the car I own now as I wasn't nearly mature enough to own such a vehicle. Not everyone is like that though, so good luck to you and your purchase. I can still remember how exciting it was to get my first car even if it was a '80 Chevy Citation tudor.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:40 PM
PCG
Staging Lane

XuhQshinR - I am sorry about your loss, trust me when I have to pay for insurance I don't plan on doing much street racing or speeding. Your loss is actually a real wake up call as well.

Everyone - Thanks for the help so far, I think my first mod is going to be finding a nice "Z28" keychain to go with my keys. Then I think I will replace the shifter and do the free mods.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XuhQshinR

I know as we lost our 16 year old daughter to an accident just a year ago Christmas
I hate to hear that,that is terrible. PCG congrats on your new car just listen to these guys and respect the power that these cars make,they are not the fastest but they do have enough power to hurt you,I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us
Old 03-14-2004, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for your kind remarks all. It means a lot to us.

I am all for younger drivers having a nice car and learning responsibility. I know my mom was not happy when my uncle and I suprised her at work back in 1977 when we walked into the True Value Hardware store she was working in and we were all smiles!

She asked what we were up to and why do we have those "$hit eatting" grins on our faces.

She was not happy when my uncle (who just got out of the army) said "I helped Greg here find his first car and now he is the proud owner on a 1972 Chevelle SS!" I was 16 at the time.

Oh boy was she pissed! But I made my payments and respected the power (I was kind of scared of it for awhile). It was Mojave Gold and a beautiful car.

Here is what my 1st car looked like but mine had Corvette Rally's on it.

http://home.insightbb.com/~greg1317/...ID-684600.html

Wish I still had it today, but I sold it when I joined the US Army in 1980.

I love my 01 SS camaro though and never thought I would own a blue car, but the NBM with the Chrome Z06's looked too sharp for me to turn down!

Enjoy your Z28 PCG, and thanks for not following todays generation of

car drivers! You have the real deal and don't have to soak a lot of money into it to make it sound sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Last edited by XuhQshinR; 03-14-2004 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Phot not showing up
Old 03-14-2004, 07:13 AM
PCG
Staging Lane

Yeah I would definitely not follow the "Rice" crowd. I hate that damn sound of weedwacker exhaust.

I am definitely going to respect the power this car has, I am going to leave in about 10 minutes to go pick it up right now.

Also anyone know where I can get a nice "Z28" keychain to go with my keys? I couldn't really find any even after a search on this board.

Again thanks everyone and later today I should have some pics of her.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Not sure where to pick up a Z28 keychain, sorry.

Just one more little story for you. I was 16 and I bough my first car too. It was only a '87 TA (back in '92) with a 305tpi..very slow. BUT, I wrecked it at 100mph because I didn't respect the car. I was fortunate enough to walk away without a single scratch. Unfortunately, I have known others that were taken away in pieces.

Moral of the story...respect that car. The moment you don't you'll be in a...let's say...less than favorable position.

Post some pics!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PCG
Yeah I would definitely not follow the "Rice" crowd. I hate that damn sound of weedwacker exhaust.

I am definitely going to respect the power this car has, I am going to leave in about 10 minutes to go pick it up right now.

Also anyone know where I can get a nice "Z28" keychain to go with my keys? I couldn't really find any even after a search on this board.

Again thanks everyone and later today I should have some pics of her.
Did a quick search for you and came up with a few. Hope you find the one you want.

Try These links:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466874069

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466874075

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466874079

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2465211616

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2465462461

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466871584
Old 03-14-2004, 11:29 AM
PCG
Staging Lane

Thanks, I saw that first keychain last night, I think I might get that.

Here are some pics that I quickly snapped. I will get some more this week after I wash/wax it.

http://xhardware.net/frontview.jpg

http://xhardware.net/backview.jpg
Old 03-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Teching In

PCG,

Nice car. I think you made a good choice on the Z. A good idea might be just to take your car to a quality performance shop (if available) to see just what has been done to your car by the previous owner. Just knowing what you really have can make it easier to take better care of it.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:43 PM
PCG
Staging Lane

Yeah I have to go find a performance shop down here - I live in Coral Springs, Florida. The car appears and sounds stock, even has the stock shifter so I am assuming nothing has been done to it.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would take the maf out and look at it. If it still has the screen, chances are pretty good that nothing has been done to the car. Also, look under the air filter - has the free ram air been done?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Launching!

congrats pcg

Clint
#15 Honda CR125
Old 03-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Launching!

well, im pretty new here too, but i might as well throw in my .02 as with any camaro i see really, i gotta say nice car, completely stock or not. i bought myself the car below in my sig about 2 weeks ago....but im stuck waiting for the title, why oh why would you keep the title in a different state!!!! but i SHOULD pick it up this week, where ill get some new pics of it and such, and then i can finally say i have the car in my possession, its a long time coming, im on my 4th camaro and im a whopping 22 years old only, hehe. love my camaros....as does my family. we got a total of 5 camaros right now, including my new one that i got, and my old 95 z, plus we got a 94 z with only 24,000 miles on it, we got a 87 IROC with like 3,000 miles (redone engine) and we got a 96 ss to top it off. mines the fastest, haha, and thats the way it should be. Ill be snapping a pic of all them parked side by side when its nice enough out, good old fashion wallpaper size, just in case anyones intrested
Old 03-16-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats PCG...welcome to the club! enjoy the car and BE CAREFUL WITH IT....btw that second keyfob that XuhQshinR posted would look damn nice on a set of 4th gen keys. i may have to get one myself.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

have fun with the car. respect the power you have and it will take good care of you
Old 03-16-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Very good decision. Good luck with it, and heed these people's advice. These cars can really kick your butt.