Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 11:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought 98-early 00 were 853s and late 00-02 were the 241s with the
casting triangle by the spark plugs. Supposedly they flow 5-7 cfm better
because of an improved casting process.
Perhaps some satin black might add some sinister look to those wagon wheels
till funds allow for the bling wheels. I kinda like the body kit...looks like a really
nice, clean F-body.
You Lemons have got yourself a keeper right there....might wanna consider
the RING -mod in the near future so she don't get away....ha ha
Old 01-14-2012, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
I thought 98-early 00 were 853s and late 00-02 were the 241s with the
casting triangle by the spark plugs. Supposedly they flow 5-7 cfm better
because of an improved casting process.
Perhaps some satin black might add some sinister look to those wagon wheels
till funds allow for the bling wheels. I kinda like the body kit...looks like a really
nice, clean F-body.
You Lemons have got yourself a keeper right there....might wanna consider
the RING -mod in the near future so she don't get away....ha ha
Seems as if this is correct. I could have swore only 01-02 cars got the 241s. Been way too long since I have had a stock car! LOL

Rims are coming up pretty quickly I believe so they will probably stay as is.

We are the same way on the body kit.. I don't think it looks nearly as bad as most put off on here. I think a front splitter and SS spoiler will be the changes to it.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

UPDATE:

Installing the new Ebony Leather seats right now.. Also, while we were there bull shitting I was just kind of peaking around in the shop. She had decided that she liked C5 thin spoke rims quite a bit. Well, what did I find while I was there? A full set of Chrome C5 thin spokes in perfect condition with tires. I asked about them and after a few minutes we agreed on the price and had everything loaded up in the back on my truck.

I will get pics of the new shoes and interior shortly.

Should have Kooks LTs/Flowmaster merge on within the next week or two.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! So your getting kooks headers with a flowmaster merge on it?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
Nice! So your getting kooks headers with a flowmaster merge on it?
Yes sir...

Have not decided about a FM 1 chamber before the axle or magnaflow all the way out the back yet.

She is more towards the FM I think as she likes them loud. I am more towards the magnaflow/cutout for the long trips (we visit Tampa about 1-2 times a year to see my best friends that are down there as well as any time we go out of town to eat to neighbor towns it is an hour drive).

But Kooks 1 3/4 and FM merge 3"-4" is happening.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Banned

So do you have to cut the header for the merge. I would go with mags. It will have a good tone and then get a cutout.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
So do you have to cut the header for the merge. I would go with mags. It will have a good tone and then get a cutout.
No sir.. I will have my exhaust guy take care of it. It will be just like a normal Y pipe but it will have a far superior merge and have a 4" outlet instead of the normal 3".
Old 01-15-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

UPDATE PICS:

Rims/interior

Old 01-15-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

A few before/after shots:
EXTERIOR

INTERIOR

ENGINE BAY

We got the low beam HIDs put in but one of the ballasts were bad, should have the replacement Monday or Tuesday.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Next big changes that will take place very shortly:

Lowering springs
Full exhaust
Replace rear tires with some wider tires... Will either be a 265 or 275 depending on exactly how wide these rims are.

Hoping to have both of these accomplished by this weekend, maybe mid next week. DO WORK!!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looking good! That body kit is pretty ugly imo, but a plus is the rear bumper looks like a nice place to hold beers! :thumbsup:
Maybe I overread it but are you changing the whole interior to black?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 88blackiroc
Looking good! That body kit is pretty ugly imo, but a plus is the rear bumper looks like a nice place to hold beers! :thumbsup:
Maybe I overread it but are you changing the whole interior to black?
Actually... I don't care for it too much in pics. We both have agreed that its not that bad though.
The sides and rear will be staying. The front will be taken off, possibly a front end 6LE splitter going in its place. The rear spoiler will be taken off and an SS spoiler put in its place.
The kit looks much better in person.

Pretty much the entire interior. As of now the door panels (which are half tan half black already), carpet, and hood liner will be staying tan. Everything else will be changed over shortly.

Thanks for the words everyone, she appreciates it as well.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vast improvement in a short time!

I agree with your statement on the bodykit, I saw an RS the other day in this same color and the body kit wasn't bad at all in person IMO. I think lowering it will be even more of an improvement, it will take more focus off of the body kit and make it seem more like it "belongs" there. Cant wait to see pics of that, good call.

I may have missed this in a previous post, but have you considered any emblempros goodies? Fill-ins, replacement badges (maybe the "ZR1 style" Z28 emblems?") and perhaps a new nose badge for the front? Im really digging their new "onyx" black line of stuff. A bit spendy, but worth a look anyway if you haven't seen it yet.

Finally, I really don't mind the way the black leather looks with the tan carpet. It really defines the individual parts rather than all blending together, which I personally like.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Vast improvement in a short time!

I agree with your statement on the bodykit, I saw an RS the other day in this same color and the body kit wasn't bad at all in person IMO. I think lowering it will be even more of an improvement, it will take more focus off of the body kit and make it seem more like it "belongs" there. Cant wait to see pics of that, good call.

I may have missed this in a previous post, but have you considered any emblempros goodies? Fill-ins, replacement badges (maybe the "ZR1 style" Z28 emblems?") and perhaps a new nose badge for the front? Im really digging their new "onyx" black line of stuff. A bit spendy, but worth a look anyway if you haven't seen it yet.

Finally, I really don't mind the way the black leather looks with the tan carpet. It really defines the individual parts rather than all blending together, which I personally like.
Thanks man! Definitely a big jump in a short amount of time.

Exactly, I don't see the hate for them. Stock, yea they look terrible. Get a few things done to them and I think it really helps.

She actually JUST purchased a full set of Strano springs! So they are on the way, hopefully be here by the end of the week.

Emblems you ask? I actually got a price quote last night on the rear bumper fill ins in onyx black for PONTIAC (My car) and CAMARO (her car). I was actually going to order them the day they came out but spent the money elsewhere.. They look bad ***. And we don't mind spending the money if it looks good and is different. They will be purchased but not at this moment, have some other appearance things to handle before that. I would say within the next month or two the emblems will be handled.
1969 Z28 emblem will be going on the front grill (billet brushed aluminum face with black in between). She is still undecided if she wants to completely debadge and !side molding (this one is for sure) the sides or not yet. I think it would look good but some 69 Z emblems would also look good. I think the old school cursive camaro would look pretty bad *** also where the Z28 goes on the berger panel. This is all still in the air as it is not first priority.

I actually really like the interior as is. I think the seat belts need to be changed to ebony/black and the sun visors. Other than that, I would be happy with it. She said tonight she thought it looked "messy" instead of "clean" because interiors that are all one color look clean.
I like it... And you probably won't see too many other, if any, interiors like it.

Thanks man!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Most of you would **** a brick if you knew how much we had invested in the car!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lemons12
Thanks man! Definitely a big jump in a short amount of time.

Exactly, I don't see the hate for them. Stock, yea they look terrible. Get a few things done to them and I think it really helps.

She actually JUST purchased a full set of Strano springs! So they are on the way, hopefully be here by the end of the week.

Emblems you ask? I actually got a price quote last night on the rear bumper fill ins in onyx black for PONTIAC (My car) and CAMARO (her car). I was actually going to order them the day they came out but spent the money elsewhere.. They look bad ***. And we don't mind spending the money if it looks good and is different. They will be purchased but not at this moment, have some other appearance things to handle before that. I would say within the next month or two the emblems will be handled.
1969 Z28 emblem will be going on the front grill (billet brushed aluminum face with black in between). She is still undecided if she wants to completely debadge and !side molding (this one is for sure) the sides or not yet. I think it would look good but some 69 Z emblems would also look good. I think the old school cursive camaro would look pretty bad *** also where the Z28 goes on the berger panel. This is all still in the air as it is not first priority.

I actually really like the interior as is. I think the seat belts need to be changed to ebony/black and the sun visors. Other than that, I would be happy with it. She said tonight she thought it looked "messy" instead of "clean" because interiors that are all one color look clean.
I like it... And you probably won't see too many other, if any, interiors like it.

Thanks man!
The onyx would definitely look good on your guy's color of cars. I've always been a very visual/design oriented person so I love talking about cosmetic stuff on cars inside and out and Ive been waiting for someone with silver/pewter car to put on some onyx stuff from emblempros. You guys have good taste lol

The first thing I noticed in the interior pic was the seat belts and how they were still tan lol. But it is really a minor detail.

Most of you would **** a brick if you knew how much we had invested in the car!
I thought about this earlier. You guys have really done a lot so far. Dare I ask if you "should have just bought a procharger"? lol
Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

The onyx would definitely look good on your guy's color of cars. I've always been a very visual/design oriented person so I love talking about cosmetic stuff on cars inside and out and Ive been waiting for someone with silver/pewter car to put on some onyx stuff from emblempros. You guys have good taste lol

The first thing I noticed in the interior pic was the seat belts and how they were still tan lol. But it is really a minor detail.

I thought about this earlier. You guys have really done a lot so far. Dare I ask if you "should have just bought a procharger"? lol
Thanks for the compliments man!

Quite the opposite.. Out of curiosity... What do some of you think we have invested in the car? The condition is just as good in pics as in person, entire car is extremely clean, paint in very good shape.

So take a guess of what we have in the car + parts already bought/installed.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for the compliments man!

Quite the opposite.. Out of curiosity... What do some of you think we have invested in the car? The condition is just as good in pics as in person, entire car is extremely clean, paint in very good shape.

So take a guess of what we have in the car + parts already bought/installed.
All shots in the dark with the used car market, but with knowing absolutely nothing pricewise, and taking into consideration used part prices....
I'd say you spent in the neighborhood of $5,500-$7,000 for the car.

You probably spent at least $1,000 between the interior, rims, and springs. All the underhood polishing and wire tucking should have all been pretty much free assuming that you did the labor. Plus all the other little things you did, I'll say $9k total invested thus far?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd leave the interior like it is, the Tan and Ebony look good I think, diff than everyone else. Glad the seats worked out good for yall. Lower it very soon, it looks like 4x4 now haha.

Id be suprised if you had $5000 in it so far............
Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

All shots in the dark with the used car market, but with knowing absolutely nothing pricewise, and taking into consideration used part prices....
I'd say you spent in the neighborhood of $5,500-$7,000 for the car.

You probably spent at least $1,000 between the interior, rims, and springs. All the underhood polishing and wire tucking should have all been pretty much free assuming that you did the labor. Plus all the other little things you did, I'll say $9k total invested thus far?

Thanks for the compliment my man!

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
I'd leave the interior like it is, the Tan and Ebony look good I think, diff than everyone else. Glad the seats worked out good for yall. Lower it very soon, it looks like 4x4 now haha.

Id be suprised if you had $5000 in it so far............
I think it is going to stay that way, I agree with you on it. Stranos are in the mail now!

James knows what up on shopping around and getting deals! I guess it does help you know the prices of the seats AND rims! LOL

Quick Reply: Going to pick up 00 Z28 in few hours...