Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comfortable..ish racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comfortable..ish racing seats

Hey guys (and the small number of females), working on getting new seats now. Id like to get some that will be decently comfortable, look good, and will strap me in well but yet still be functional. I've looked at a couple custom shops but they're all kinda worrysome to me in that they aren't understanding that I want some badass racing seats and not cadillac style comfort/look. Id really like something different on design too. Red leather/pleather with a firehawk on black stretched over the seat or white leather/pleather with the same..ish design. Post pics/opinions galore though. I wanna see whatever you got in mind .

Thanks

On and I want to replace the back seats with actual functional seats. I'm sick of all the bi****** when someone has to get in the back. I've sat there too and it sucks. Be creative
Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...installed.html
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Launching!

Love em but I worry about the lumbar support and can u run a 5point harness off of those?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Bump,,
Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OffspringZ28
Your seats look really nice.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:31 PM
11 Second Club

I have sat in some of the 6LE seats and they are pretty nice. Also a few buddies have the Procar seats that Summit has and some Corbeau seats. They are alot of nice choices out there, just depends on how much you want to spend. For the money the 6LE and the Procar seats are nice choices. If the coin is of no concern the Corbeaus in my buddy's 2003 Terminator are some of the nicest seats that I have ever had my big *** in. LOL!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imo i love the trans am seats,there such a step above camaro seats,there cheaper and still look nice and look as they belong,6le seats are pretty nice, i suggest trying some diff seats out,imo a good seat/racing wheel and a nice shifter with some gauges is just fun to drive lol,also they make some really nice houndstooth seat covers for the camaro seats,corbeaus are pricey but damn well worth every penny,
Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SMOKNSS
I have sat in some of the 6LE seats and they are pretty nice. Also a few buddies have the Procar seats that Summit has and some Corbeau seats. They are alot of nice choices out there, just depends on how much you want to spend. For the money the 6LE and the Procar seats are nice choices. If the coin is of no concern the Corbeaus in my buddy's 2003 Terminator are some of the nicest seats that I have ever had my big *** in. LOL!!!
Well I'm a pretty compact guy for 6`1 185lb. After doing some research, I definitely want a seat with good lumbar support and one that can recline still. Coin is bit of a concern. Id like to get a 6LE seat but I want a seat that has a five point harness cabability as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my personal seats I grabbed some foam from Michael's, folding it in half (made it about 6" thick and folded made it square on bottom and rounded on top) and stuck it in my (6LE) seat for lumbar. You literally just pull the center part back and shove it in there, lol.

You can five point it but will need an upholstery shop to do it. Few guys I know have done it so the frame is fine to do it but again I recommend getting a shop to do it so it looks nice.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
On my personal seats I grabbed some foam from Michael's, folding it in half (made it about 6" thick and folded made it square on bottom and rounded on top) and stuck it in my (6LE) seat for lumbar. You literally just pull the center part back and shove it in there, lol.

You can five point it but will need an upholstery shop to do it. Few guys I know have done it so the frame is fine to do it but again I recommend getting a shop to do it so it looks nice.
I'd just rather not cut and paste seats that I just paid x amount of dollars for. No offense. But a "high quality part" shouldn't have to be modified after purchase in order to achieve customer satisfaction. It should be re-engineered
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Bumppp
Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroz18
I'd just rather not cut and paste seats that I just paid x amount of dollars for. No offense. But a "high quality part" shouldn't have to be modified after purchase in order to achieve customer satisfaction. It should be re-engineered
That's the point of our seats though. You're paying half the price (or less) of Recaros and then just a little DIY and you have a better seat for WAY less.

If you just want to drop the dough on a finished product we have completely customizable seats (we can add the hole for the fifth point as well) that we add the lumbar to ourselves...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=259

Quick Reply: comfortable..ish racing seats