Sponsored by:

My poor car...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My poor car...

was hit the other day...

...I was to go to my father's friend's house (whom had just left our house..I was a couple minutes behind him) and get a key. It has been raining like a **** out. I pulled into his driveway, saw his truck parked there, I parked behind it. I had already parked and pulled the keys out and put them into my pocket. next thing I know the thing is backing into me (I didn't see anyone in the truck..tinting). I fiddled w/ the keys and blew the horn.....too late, hit my door, shattered my window and smashed through the door. I'm fine, just pissed.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

man I hate to hear that at least its fixable right?
Old 04-28-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Dude that sucks! Was it your fathers friend that was driving the truck?
Old 04-28-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ChillnV
was hit the other day...

...I was to go to my father's friend's house (whom had just left our house..I was a couple minutes behind him) and get a key. It has been raining like a **** out. I pulled into his driveway, saw his truck parked there, I parked behind it. I had already parked and pulled the keys out and put them into my pocket. next thing I know the thing is backing into me (I didn't see anyone in the truck..tinting). I fiddled w/ the keys and blew the horn.....too late, hit my door, shattered my window and smashed through the door. I'm fine, just pissed.
damn, that sucks.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Junkie

ouch, at least it's just the door
Old 04-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Launching!

dude, that sucks.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

sorry ot hear that, ive never been in an accident in 6 years until this year, twick, i rearended someone due to ice and then last month got side swipped by a silverado, i never imagined that a plastic mirror would do so much damage to a metal truck, hope you can fix yours easily
Old 04-29-2004, 03:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah that sucks. At least you are ok. Got any pics.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear about the damage.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillnV
was hit the other day...

Hey man, sorry to hear about it, if it makes you feel any better....about 4 months after i just bought my SS i'm parked at the end of my driveway behind my mom....driveway is plenty long for her to maneuver around me when she leaves for work in the a.m....that morning i get woken up to "Chris i'm soo sorry, i backed into your car." Put about a 4 inch crack in the front bumper took about 1300 for a new bumper/paint. MY OWN MOM IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY! lol and she says "i forgot you were parked behind me" LOL Do we not use our eyes to look behind us when we are in reverse anymore!? Good luck w/ the repair work.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Who needs doors anyway?
Old 04-29-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
Hey man, sorry to hear about it, if it makes you feel any better....about 4 months after i just bought my SS i'm parked at the end of my driveway behind my mom....driveway is plenty long for her to maneuver around me when she leaves for work in the a.m....that morning i get woken up to "Chris i'm soo sorry, i backed into your car." Put about a 4 inch crack in the front bumper took about 1300 for a new bumper/paint. MY OWN MOM IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY! lol and she says "i forgot you were parked behind me" LOL Do we not use our eyes to look behind us when we are in reverse anymore!? Good luck w/ the repair work.
My similar story....Just purchased a 94 corvette a few years back, had to park it on the street across from my house. My driveway had two cars in it, one of which was my brother-in-laws(a full size truck). Upon backing out, he proceeds to crunch my hood resulting in a 12inch long jagged crack.A C4 vette hood is huge, damn near a "full flip front end" like from the old school muscle car days. The total cost, 2400.00.Happy ending was I was able to purchase a lightweight hood and had some mod money left over after his insurance cut me a check(found a quality shop that gave a steep cash discount).
Old 04-29-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gymratt
My similar story....Just purchased a 94 corvette a few years back, had to park it on the street across from my house. My driveway had two cars in it, one of which was my brother-in-laws(a full size truck). Upon backing out, he proceeds to crunch my hood resulting in a 12inch long jagged crack.A C4 vette hood is huge, damn near a "full flip front end" like from the old school muscle car days. The total cost, 2400.00.Happy ending was I was able to purchase a lightweight hood and had some mod money left over after his insurance cut me a check(found a quality shop that gave a steep cash discount).
Damn that sucks, what was the other car in the driveway that you couldnt park it in the road instead of the vette??
Old 04-29-2004, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Sometimes I wish something like that would happen to me. I might have a brain anurisim (sp?) though.