Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6.0 swaped camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 swaped camaro

I have a 02 camaro that I picked up with a 6.0 iron block in it with some other bolt on parts. I am wondering what's the best and cheapest way to get some more power?

I plan on doing a turbo down the road but for now I'm looking into ls3/l92 heads and a cam that will work well with the heads. I was going to use a stock ls3 maybe a ported ls3 depending on what I can get my hands on.

I'm also not opposed to a small shot as long as I can still drive the car daily and only use the bottle at the track... Or when I want to.

I know I need other things like injectors and fuel rails and a good tune. I just am unsure of what parts I should use.

Ls3 or l92 heads?
What size cam?
What size injectors?
What fuel rails?
What else?

I need a little direction on doing this 6.0 build, I know it's been done before and I want mine to be done well on the semi cheap. I still want good parts in my car.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

So I got a good deal on some ls3 heads and stock ls3 intake with injectors and fuel rails.

Still need some help as far as a cam. I keep reading about ptv clearance issues.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:38 AM
On The Tree

So no one here knows how to build a iron block 6.0 with ls3 heads and some other parts to make it fast?

I've been told to talk to pat g about a custom cam but I get no reply from him.

Anyone who has done a build like this I could for sure use your help or at least some input.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 AM
TECH Regular

I'm doing a 6.0 swap right now to my camaro. My motor has been bored with ls3 internals ( flat top pistons ). I'm go top it off using a ls3 intake and heads also. 42 lb injectors and as far as a cam a custom Brian tooley cam 227/240 on a 113 + 3. Headers are going to be 1 7/8 with the kooks true dual setup. I personally think a ls headed motor deserve a true dual exhaust to help with the overall performance. You never mention if your motor had the flat top or dish pistons. That makes a difference between you having to have head work done and how thick of a head gasket you need for your desired compression.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 6.0 iron block, but with PRC 5.3 heads and a fairly big cam. A bit different than what you are building, but it's a great budget combo that makes good power and compression nonetheless
Old 01-16-2014, 04:02 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Baconz28
I'm doing a 6.0 swap right now to my camaro. My motor has been bored with ls3 internals ( flat top pistons ). I'm go top it off using a ls3 intake and heads also. 42 lb injectors and as far as a cam a custom Brian tooley cam 227/240 on a 113 + 3. Headers are going to be 1 7/8 with the kooks true dual setup. I personally think a ls headed motor deserve a true dual exhaust to help with the overall performance. You never mention if your motor had the flat top or dish pistons. That makes a difference between you having to have head work done and how thick of a head gasket you need for your desired compression.
Sounds very similar to what I'm looking to do. How is that cam for drivability and sound? I still need headers and was looking into duals also. As for what motor is in there I'm not sure I haven't pulled the heads off it yet. What's the diffrence, I mean I kno one is flat and one is dished. What one do I want, I'm sure I'll have the other lol

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
I have a 6.0 iron block, but with PRC 5.3 heads and a fairly big cam. A bit different than what you are building, but it's a great budget combo that makes good power and compression nonetheless
Yea heads is going to be a big thing here. I actually got a set of bare lsa heads now and am debating on swapping the valves from the ls3 heads to the lsa or just buying new ones
Old 01-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Teching In

Interested to see what you do here. I'm swapping a 6.0 into my nova and at the crossroads of figuring out which road to go down.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:10 AM
TECH Regular

Pm sent

Quick Reply: 6.0 swaped camaro