Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swimming Pool in Trunk?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Swimming Pool in Trunk?!?!?!

Right, I leave for 3 days to B.C.......while I'm away there is one Thunderstorm at home.....I know, I know, the car shouldn't be outside anyway, but that aside, there is now standing water in the trunk. Never happened before and I haven't done anything back there. Doesn't look like any seals or weather stripping are ripped but I've only had time for a quick look. Gotta leave for St. Louis in 2 days so my time is limited. Thanks for any advice fellas.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Launching!

open the hatch......take off in first..

jk i know a couple guys hoo have had the same problem
Old 07-11-2004, 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Jimbo
open the hatch......take off in first..
I like it. To the poster though, it's either foul play, or it has to be the stripping. Can't come in the lights, T-tops would have been the whole car.... I dunno man, I'm thinking weather stripping is the only thing it could be. You can rent a wet vac from your local grocery store for the water. Make sure it's totally dry before you go using your radio. GL to you.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Teching In

Why don't you just pull some drain plugs to get rid of the water? I've never looked, but I'm sure GM would have put a couple in the trunk.

I'd agree with CaptUSA as to the possible causes...
Old 07-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I just looked under my car.
There are at least 3 drain plugs.
2 are in the middle of the main trunk area.
1 is in the spare tire well.

I'd suggest pulling the drain plugs and removing the wet carpet (well... thats if its not attached to the cabin carpet).
Old 07-11-2004, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

ive never gotten any water in my hatch area but i have under the back seats anyone else have this problem?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Had the same thing happen to my old TA. Sat in the driveway while it rained for 3 straight days. Went to take the t-tops off and put them in the trunk, and i noticed a few inches of standing water. Dunno how it got there, and it never happened again. I used a shop-vac to get most of it out. Let the dealer take care of the rest when they got to take a look at it.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it is from the Spoiler? Check to see any wet spots when opening the hatch.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Spray it down when u get back and see if u can make it happen again
Old 07-12-2004, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

My fiances 2002 ws6 gets that all the time. Everytime it rains his car becomes a fish tank. We've taken it to 3 or 4 different dealers and none of their repairs fix anything. They resealed the rear window and the sealant was left everywhere. Just a horrible job. The changed all of the tail lights and sealed those but, the problem persists. And when we asked for them to chnaged the carpets that had been ruined by the water they declined to do so.

Old 07-13-2004, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i get the same thing on my car. the only this is that it is in that little dent in front of the passeger seat, the water comes in from somewhere behind the dashboard and collects there like a little pool of rain water, (oo ain it cute), cute my @ss pising me off it is dough.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

When it rains, usually I bring my T/A inside on my house and tuck her under the sheets with me. That way, she'll always be safe.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Exclamation

I know exactly what the problem is happens to me too. There are two black plastic pieces one on the left side one on the right just above the lights so that the water supposed to run down the sides of the class and down towards the taillights and then the plastic pieces have little holes to direct the water out of the groves. Well those plastic pieces are just sitting there in the metal grove for the right and left hatch sides and they kind of come up and don't seal against the metal and that directs the water under the plastic instead of over and into the drain. It basically runs straight into the trunk of the car creating a fish tank to fish from! LOL I tied to glue mine down and that worked for a short while until the glue popped up. Anyway I havn't found a good way to make it stay snug against the metal yet I just keep glueing it back down when it pops up. If anyone knows something that would keep it tacked down and not interfear with the water flow let me know. Goood Luck you could alway put some fish back there and go fishing when ever you want! LOL My friends now give me smack about fishing in trunk all the time.

Quick Reply: Swimming Pool in Trunk?!?!?!