Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bastard dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one:
I stayed an hour late on a saturday after a deal was closed on a new escape, but they were on what is called a "de-horse" (they took the car for the day from a Saturn dealer) so the hubby stayed to do the paperwork and the wife ran the Vue back to the dealer. I have the whole deal written up and being input into the computer in finance and have the porters cleaning the car. While I was doing all this **** waiting for the wifey to get back, I told the husband to feel free to walk around and look at anything in the showroom to kill a little time. When they were ready to go into finance, I looked around for 20 min. to find the husband and couldn't. The C U next tuesday had picked her husband up to go buy the Vue and they didn't even let me know they were leaving. I wanted to John Wayne Gacy the whole bunch of them.

I left at 9 PM, (closed at 7) and went home and called them right away. They picked up the phone and I said "This is Chris from Ford, what happened tonight?"

"Oh, we bought the Vue."

"It never crossed your minds to TELL ME that you were picking your husband up, huh? I left work 2 hours late tonight because of you. That was fun, I appreciate that."

Then I hung up. I hope they drive that piece of **** off a GD cliff, those *************.

<<<<<SIGH>>>>>

I need to relax, even writing that makes me psycho.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:01 PM
12 Second Club

After this long as story, my whole point is. Be EDUCATED. Don't just think you can get X-amount of dollars off a car just because your friend said he did. Im sure everyone has lied at least once in a while on how much their car cost. Why? Because they don't want people to think they got put together. Go to edmunds.com or kbb.com, do your research. Run your credit before you go. Know what to expect. But please, please, please, do not expect the absolute worst.
Well said...

By the way, is there a PTO provision on the F-750's trans?

What kind of front suspension does a T-Bird have?

Just a lil' product knowledge quiz to keep u honest . Ford certified, represent!
Old 08-08-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Here's one:
I stayed an hour late on a saturday after a deal was closed on a new escape, but they were on what is called a "de-horse" (they took the car for the day from a Saturn dealer) so the hubby stayed to do the paperwork and the wife ran the Vue back to the dealer. I have the whole deal written up and being input into the computer in finance and have the porters cleaning the car. While I was doing all this **** waiting for the wifey to get back, I told the husband to feel free to walk around and look at anything in the showroom to kill a little time. When they were ready to go into finance, I looked around for 20 min. to find the husband and couldn't. The C U next tuesday had picked her husband up to go buy the Vue and they didn't even let me know they were leaving. I wanted to John Wayne Gacy the whole bunch of them.

I left at 9 PM, (closed at 7) and went home and called them right away. They picked up the phone and I said "This is Chris from Ford, what happened tonight?"

"Oh, we bought the Vue."

"It never crossed your minds to TELL ME that you were picking your husband up, huh? I left work 2 hours late tonight because of you. That was fun, I appreciate that."

Then I hung up. I hope they drive that piece of **** off a GD cliff, those *************.

<<<<<SIGH>>>>>

A VUE????? Really?? This couple and car deserve eachother obviously! I would be willing to bet that these customers would be more hassle than the commision was worth! Rude cutomers are as bad as slimy carsalesman. In this case I hope they got slammed!
Old 08-08-2004, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, all of that and I didn't even get the $100 mini. Thanks for the kind words.

Karma paid them back, but I'm not at liberty to say how...

Last edited by baddogz28; 08-08-2004 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Banned

car salesmen=lying ****** ....... dealers=where lying ****** are trained ................ 1st rule in dealing with a car sales person or dealership what does a ***** do? FK you!
Old 08-09-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baseball players get paid to hit the longball, I get paid to be a better negotiator than ALMOST everybody.

What's wrong with that?
thats cool, i will give you that one

Here's one:

"Oh, we bought the Vue."

<<<<<SIGH>>>>>

that is pretty damned messed up! not even having the decency to tell you. i guess anyone can show disrespect, bastards! you never shoulda let him leave your office! LOL. and i hope you did get those people back, even if it was at the risk of facing criminal charges!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Well, personally, I can never blame the sales person for trying to squeeze every last penny out of each sale. I've never sold cars (as a profession), but my father did for years, and I did a lot of "hanging out" at dealerships growing up (he owned several motorcycle dealerships..different story...).

Who can blame them for trying to make some cash? They're not there to do us a favor, they're there to make a living. Sometimes you find one that makes it feel as though your're getting "special treatment", but theat's the idea behind being a good salesman: make everyone feel that way, but don't give the car away either.

This doesn't keep me from low-balling the hell out of them when I want to buy though, just as I know he needs to feed the kids, he knows I don't want to pay more than I have to. It's just like back in Kindergarten, its all a big compromise. Some salesmen are genuine ******, but there are more decent ones than most people think. A lot of the decent ones just "don't feel" like being decent to customers with bad attitudes. I'm a cash customer (I hate financing), so this makes it a little easier for me to negotiate, because I'm only negotiating price, not terms, rates, etc, but I still want the salesman to make some coin if he treats me right.

Now for the real ********. In fact there's been several editorials, and even a TV show I think on this little scam. An earlier post stated they tried to keep a down payment after the loan was denied. I've seen this happen to many friends, even my wife. You walk in, talk about the car, and before you know it, you've put down a couple grand, and you're driving this car home. They then call you back and tell you you weren't approved and keep your down payment for mileage, wear, whatever. You tell them they can't do that, and everything else, then they show you where you signed something that said:

"In the event financing is not approved, customer agrees to return said vehicle within 24 hours, and pay the following charges: $100.00 per day and $1.50 per mile, as well as a $300.00 intake fee and any fees associated with returning the car to it's original condition (cleaning etc.)."

Some asswipes will deliver the car and send the customer on their way knowing full well they've got no chance in hell at being financed. These butt-darts need to be drawn and quartered.

But don't let anyone tell you you have to sign that **** to get the car, and generally, it's just not a good idea to take delivery if you think there's a reason your financing would get botched. I think if one must finance a car, it's better to arrange you're own financing prior to even going to the dealership.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would personally never finacnce throguh a dealership. i have still had problems though. i walked into the dodge lot to buy my 2002 dak r/t already approved through my bank for x amount of dollars, with a hella good interest rate. all i had to do with these bum wipes was negotiate price. i finally got em down to my price, so you would think i could get the truck that day. wrong. they tried to get me to finance through dodges financial crap. they knew i was already approved, but the dicked with me until i agreed to let them see if they could get me a better rate, and they couldnt. so, they then wont let me take the truck until my bank faxes them back the papers for me to sign, waited a while and they didnt. so i decide to go down to my bank, 2 miles away, to get the papers myself. i go down there and the dealership never faxed them! my bank is getting ready to close, so the dealership promises me they will be there in the morning.

the next day i get a call from the dealership, they are still trying to get me to finance with them. i politely tell them hell no and they say fine we will get all set. i have to work so i cant deal with it that day. but to make a long story a little shorter, the next time i went into the dealership they had papers drawn form their finacial crap with a "deal" on it i again had to reject. oh, and they kept saying my bank hadnt sent them anything, and thats what my bank said about them. eventually, a rep from my bank had to go to the dealership w/ papers, to get papers, and he had to bring them to me to sign at work. all in all, we made a deal for the truck the second day, and i got to pick it up a week later! i ask one of you salesman if yu might have a clue why they were trying to push me into their financial stuff? they ex salesman i know said that most likely the sales manager makes a kickback/comission if financing goes throug daimler chrystler.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Well said...

By the way, is there a PTO provision on the F-750's trans?

What kind of front suspension does a T-Bird have?

Just a lil' product knowledge quiz to keep u honest . Ford certified, represent!

The Power Takeoff Provision is an option on the 750's

and...

The T-bird has unequal-length control arms w/coil springs, shock absorbers, stabilizer bar and so on...

...OH!!!! For those of you that think you can get a better "deal" when paying cash. Thats not always the case. Dealers LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it when you finance. Its extra money in their pocket.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

For all you current and former car salesman...lets make a list of "excuses" we hear when it comes to customers buying the car or not. Also, lets make a list of the "lingo" that we use. Ill start...

EXCUSES

I need to talk to my wife (no ring on finger)

I dont have any money down

JUST LOOKING

So & So dealer can get me the car for X-amount of dollars under invoice (to which I reply "Wow!!! Thats a great deal, why didnt you get it there?"

$XXX a month!!!?!? I can buy a Mercedes for that much!

Im waiting for my tax return

LINGO

Green Pea - Rookie Salesman

Mooch - Customer who's asking price is WAY below reasonable

Roach - Customer who acts "hard" and "knows it all" but ends up having HORRIBLE credit. My best example of a Roach is the actor Vicellous Shannon. For those of you that dont know, he's the young black guy in "Hurricane" w/Denzel Washington and "Harts War" w/Bruce Willis. He thought that since he was an actor he was all badass. Well, sorry son, even bad *** actors with a sub 450 credit score get HIGH *** interest rates

Fresh Up - When a customer comes onto the lot for the first time

BeBack - A customer who is supposed to come back

I know there are a BUNCH missing...but Im at work and I dont have much time...
Old 08-09-2004, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

As for luvmez28's question about financing. Dealers are "encouraged" to finance through the manufacturer's financing company. The delaership gets spiffed based on the number of deals that are financing through the manufacturers finance company. And since the dealership gets spiffed...the managers get spiffed and so on.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pacmantravis
As for luvmez28's question about financing. Dealers are "encouraged" to finance through the manufacturer's financing company. The delaership gets spiffed based on the number of deals that are financing through the manufacturers finance company. And since the dealership gets spiffed...the managers get spiffed and so on.
i like that word, "spiffed". the way they were being really made me not want to buy a truck from them. the crap thing is it was the only r/t i had found within a 1000 miles and it was almost brand new, only 4k and some change on the ODO. and i had never seen one in this color. so i had to suck it up and play. all that trouble for a truck i ended up giving to my dad. oh well, he enjoys it.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Launching!

All in all, between me and my wife, we average about two automobile purchases a year, but I try to steer clear of the dealerships unless I can't find what I want in the private market.

I love the excuses above, I've actually used the "talk to the wife" bit, but it wasn't an excuse, I was actually trying to buy a car for her, and the Salesman tried to put me on the spot by actually calling me out and saying "Talk to the wife huh? you don't have a ring..." I calmly replied "I don't wear a ring, but yes, I do have one." I know it looked like an excuse, but I was a little insulted, and kindly request another salesman handle my $40,000.00 purchase.

Come to think of it, I can't seem to recall visiting a dealership where some salesman didn't covertly insult me or try to make me feel inferior in some way at some time. Hell, one time, a guy told me "I'm sorry then, we can't help you here..." when I refused to let him run my credit. I understand my credit sucks (bankruptcy), and I understand that means I'm gonna pay a huge rate, so I pay cash. I told him I wanted to buy with cash, I guess my cash wasn't good enough because he couldn't check my credit.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pacmantravis
The Power Takeoff Provision is an option on the 750's

and...

The T-bird has unequal-length control arms w/coil springs, shock absorbers, stabilizer bar and so on...

...OH!!!! For those of you that think you can get a better "deal" when paying cash. Thats not always the case. Dealers LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it when you finance. Its extra money in their pocket.
Power Takeoff Provision.... Correct!

I was looking for SLA (short and long arm) as the answer for the T-Bird ?.... But that'll do

You passed the FoMoCo sales consultant test with flying colors!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
that is pretty damned messed up! not even having the decency to tell you. i guess anyone can show disrespect, bastards! you never shoulda let him leave your office! LOL. and i hope you did get those people back, even if it was at the risk of facing criminal charges!
I did...
Old 08-10-2004, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99PontTA
car salesmen=lying ****** ....... dealers=where lying ****** are trained ................ 1st rule in dealing with a car sales person or dealership what does a ***** do? FK you!
It's a good thing nobody has ever said anything like that to my face. You, sir, are a handjob. (not a lie)

Sounds like somebody probably has sour grapes because he was too stupid to negotiate a good deal for himself on his own car...

Does this sound familiar?

"Mr. 99PontTA, I have great news. With just 9000 down and 12,500 for your trade, your payment on the Trans Am will only be 850 a month on a short-term simple interest contract."

"Well hot damn! Only 850 a month? What's the catch?"

"No catch, sir."

"I always wanted me one-a deez! That note should be no problem, I make 1200 a month haulin' manure for da city. Where do I sign?"

Oh, and by the way, did I tell you that you should

?

Last edited by baddogz28; 08-10-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

More excuses why they can't buy the car (actually heard both):

My turtle died.

I have a roast in the oven.

Need to let my dog out

More terms:

Stroke: somebody that is wasting your time

Mole: a Middle Class, white sissy whose wife has his ***** in a mason jar

Notebook Commander: Someone who brings a steno pad full of notes to a dealer, sometimes books, palm pilots, other cheat sheets bc they are too dim-witted to remember how to get a good deal on a car

GM: General Mgr

GSM: Gen'l sales Mgr

UCM: Used car Mgr

Funny ****:

Hearing a grown man's voice crack during negotiations because he is so nervous.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Kevin Hall
Talked to my boss before the long weekend, and suggested that I might like to stretch my long weekend by another day to go to Calgary (500 miles away). He says that he had the same plans, and that would work great. Later that day, I went to pick up my 95 from the dealer where they were finishing up the last of the tune-ups from my safety inspection a couple weeks earlier. I had been hearing a droning sound from the rear of the car, and told the mechanic to hop in for a second.

We went for a short drive, and he told me that my tires were causing the noise, and that I had nothing to worry about. I head off for my 8 hour journey, leaving at 4:30. About 4 hours into the trip, I heard a slight whine from the rear. Being 50 miles from anywhere, I pushed on. Another 30 miles later, the whine goes clunk, and starts grinding. I hammered on the brakes and pulled over. Flashlight in hand, I spotted oil running out the front of the rearend, and a trail down the road. I just passed a service station, so I drove the 1/2 mile back, and parked.

I called a tow truck and rode the deck 60 miles to the next city. My girlfriend came and picked me up, and we arrived in Calgary at 4:30am!! Not a good start to a long weekend.

I left my keys and phone number in the drop box at the dealership there. I called them the next morning, and they said they would try to get it fixed that day, but they would call to let me know what happened. I was guessing pinion bearing, along with ring and pinion. I called later at 3:30, making sure they weren't leaving early for Friday of the long weekend. She says it's next in line, and they might get the cover off today......

I wait all weekend, thinking about how I might get to work for Tuesday, and decide that perhaps I should wait it out, and work 12's for a couple days to make up the lost time.

When I finally get an estimate, they list off the parts:

Pinion Bearing
Crush Sleeve
Pinion Seal
Axle Seal
Axle Bearing
Plug
Gear Set

The total comes to $2100 plus shop supplies and tax!!!!!!!!

She then explains that $1400 is for parts, and the rest labour.......the gear set is over $1100!! She then checked with the parts counter, and that is for a GM ring and pinion!! GM PARTS!!!

I told her that I could get Motive (better than GM) parts for about $300. She simply couldn't believe that they would fit, and be as good as GM. That's unpossible

Now, I believe I have my dad dragging a trailer the 400 mile journey to find my car, and I'll ride the bus to meet him. Then, I'll stop and see the dealer who told me I had tire noise (coincidentally was the last one to check fluids), and see what he wants to do.

Now, do I spend $500 and rebuild properly....or do I spend $2500 and go 9"?? What do you think?

HEY BRO I TOTALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN SCREW THE DEALERSHIP YOU AND YOUR DAD CAN FIX IT YOURSELF MY HORROR STORY IS AS BAD AS YOURS. JUST RECENTLY I HEARD A LOUD WHINE COMING FROM MY REAR END SO I TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP AND THEY SAY MY PASSENGER SIDE WHEEL BEARING IS SHOT AND THAT THE GEARS AND BEARINGS ALL NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. SO HE TELLS ME IT WILL COST ME 1,800 MY SKELETON ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF MY BODY. ANYWAY THE GUY SAYS GO AND PARK IT AND HE SAID HE WOULDNT CHARGE ME FOR LOOKING AT IT. SO I CALL MY DAD AND SOME MECHANIC FRIENDS AND THEY START LAUGHING WHEN I TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY WANNA CHARGE ME. IM IN CALI RIGHT NOW SO MY DAD DROVE ALL THEY WAY FROM SOUTHERN TEXAS OVER HERE TO HELP ME BECAUSE HE DIDNT WANT ME TO GET RIPPED OFF. SO WE TAKE OF THE REAR WHEELS TO FIND BOTH WHEEL BEARINGS ARE IN PERFECT SHAPE THEN WE TAKE APART THE DIFFERENTIAL TO FIND THE PINION BEARING AND RAISE ARE SHOT TO ****. SO WE GO TO THIS DRIVETRAIN PLACE AND BUY A BEARING KIT FOR 100 BUCKS. WE PUT ON THE NEW BEARING AND RAISE AND A SOLID SPACER BETWEEN THE PINION AND BEARING NOW IT RUNS LIKE A CHAMP AGAIN. THEN A FEW DAYS LATER THE MECHANIC FROM THE DEALERSHIP CALLS ME AND TELLS ME I OWE HIM 135 BUCKS FOR THE DIAGNOSTIC CHECK EVEN THOUGH HE ALREADY SAID NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT. THEN HE SAID HE DIDNT CHARGE ME CUZ HE TOUGHT I WAS GONNA GET IT FIXED AT THE DEALERSHIP THATS ****** BULLSHIT I TOLD HIM TO **** HIMSELF AND DONT CALL AGAIN. THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME ALMOST 2,000 DOLLARS IT COST MY DAD AND I 300 TOTAL TO FIX!!!!

BEARING KIT-100.00
DIFF FLUID-35.00
DRIVING BY THE DEALERSHIP AND SEEING THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES- PRICELESS
Old 08-10-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99PontTA

i think you should listen to arnold! crap like that is not why i started this post, it was to tell my frustrating story and to hear others. and looky there, weve got a few stories from the salesmen about crap *** consumers. that cheap shot of a post set aside, i think we can all learn something here.
respect
Old 08-10-2004, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i think you should listen to arnold! crap like that is not why i started this post, it was to tell my frustrating story and to hear others. and looky there, weve got a few stories from the salesmen about crap *** consumers. that cheap shot of a post set aside, i think we can all learn something here.
respect
<-------WHAT HE SAID

I SECOND THAT MOTION