Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
I thank god everyday I am not as stupid as the average ricer.

Oh, and in a front wheel drive car, you will lose more than 15% in a manual, but a moot point nontheless.

-Todd
I always thought FWD cars lost LESS than 15% because there's no driveshaft and all that jazz to lose power in the process. No?
Old 08-08-2004, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
I always thought FWD cars lost LESS than 15% because there's no driveshaft and all that jazz to lose power in the process. No?
Could be right, someone else want to chime in (I'm going with that the NeonNeonNeon-4 guys say...I know that is an unreliable source...but they know more than I on FWD)

-todd
Old 08-08-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

either way his is toast

I have a friend who had a somewhat older talon, but it had the same hp. He said he timed he 0-100 and it was almost 30 seconds! Im pretty sure I could bury the speedo in 30 seconds! Thats like 160mph before he could hit 100! HA!

My only concern is finding a good racing spot. Im not getting jail time over this dead-beat punk. Although I dont have to beat the police, I just have to beat him! lol
Old 08-08-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your friend is right. Many non-turbo'd 4bangers similar to the n/a Talon/DSM's DO take 30 seconds to hit 100; some take longer. I have an old, April '92 Car and Driver magazine where they did a test between 8 "sport compacts", and almost all of the non-turbo'd 4's took about 30 seconds to hit 100.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by natronathon
My only concern is finding a good racing spot. Im not getting jail time over this dead-beat punk. Although I dont have to beat the police, I just have to beat him! lol
Good point - you don't want to end up in trouble with the law over this retard. Race safe, and above all else resist the temptation to pummel his *** into the ground with a baseball bat (unless you and the Mustang dude catch him in a dark alley and there are no witnesses )
Old 08-08-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by John95Z28
Good point - you don't want to end up in trouble with the law over this retard. Race safe, and above all else resist the temptation to pummel his *** into the ground with a baseball bat (unless you and the Mustang dude catch him in a dark alley and there are no witnesses )
my thoughts exactly!

YET,

As much as my common sense tells me that racing this dude could turn out badly, I realize that we as LS1 owners need to help "educate" other drivers... especially those drivers that preach power to weight ratio (mostly ricers) even though we as F-body owners have an incredible power to weight ratio completely stock!

As far as the dark alley thing... I think ill just have my friend with the GT run him over sometime - by accident of course!- Id hate to have to do body work to the front of my camaro!
Old 08-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by natronathon
As far as the dark alley thing... I think ill just have my friend with the GT run him over sometime - by accident of course!- Id hate to have to do body work to the front of my camaro!
Sounds like a plan!

In the interests of educating the masses about the special goodness of F-bods (a noble goal, to be sure), like others have been saying just keep at him with "wanna race?" until he finally runs out of excuses and agrees to race, then make sure your co-workers are there to witness it so he can't lie about it after
Old 08-08-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

natronathon:

What you should do is race him twice and only twice. In the first race you need to, like you said, completely kill him...wipe the floor with him. Then you will get the ineviatble ricer excuses. Tell him you will race him again, but this time with a full load..get 3 people to get in your z with you. Just another way to fuc# with him.

Fry
Old 08-08-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talking

i like how you guys think!
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yoh...my firend owns..a 98 Eagle Talon or 97...he has done intake, catback..all kinds of **** it hink he has about 2000 invested in performanc emods...which i keep telling him quit wasting your time...so he wants to race me one day...im in my old 94 Z28 ...so we get lined up...GO..I SMOKE HIM OFF THE LINE!!!...smoke him through 2nd..smoke him through 3rd...and im doing about 110 when i bet hes doin mabe 70 if he was lucky...so if that tells you how fast talons are??...tell the kid hes full of BS!!...my friend has a modded talon..and its still slower than ****...shortly after that he let me drive his talon...i shoved the gas to the floor...LOL...all it did was make this loud sound..no increase in acceleration ...you know your cars slow when all WOT does is make more sound....so i let him drive my car after he let me drive his he was like WOH this is fucken awsome...

BTW..hes in the market for a late f-body now..so don't let your coworker drive your car..cuz then he'll want to suck up to you and ask you to help him find one

just for *****..race him in reverse..seeing what my friends 97 or 98 talon did..i bet i could of kept up with his 1st and 2nd gear in reverse ...
Old 08-09-2004, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C5Corvette
Forget racing the twerp...just slap the **** out him personally....

I like his way of thinking.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
I like his way of thinking.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao
Old 08-09-2004, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

If you want him to shut his mouth. Take him for a ride in your car. He'll get the point.
I did this with a bench ricer I worked with who had a RS6. He quoted magazines all the time and knew all kinds of statistics. He had all the prejudices when it came to f-bods. Then I took him for a ride. He had a whole new perspective on torque after that.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would consider giving him a ride to shut his mouth, but... Im not sure my car would forgive me for letting some dumb *** ricer sit and ride in her. I cant believe he actually thinks he could beat me.

LOL, I just had a great Idea! Maybe I should race him with my dad's 2002 Ford Excursion. TRITON V10!! It may top out a 95, but I bet ya id beat him off the line... that thing has 425 lbs-ft of torque! Either that or I could tie a chain around his front axle and drag him around the town behind the Excursion! - Just a thought.

ME- -Ricer dude
Old 08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, i just read my last post.... sounds incredibly cocky!

Im not against the whole aspect of performance modifications on a import. I am just tired of ignorant people being completely oblivious to actual performance specs of other cars. AND my anger at people like that is starting to show, especially in that last post!

Its sad that so many "ricers" think they own the world. I dont mind if they wanna race, Ive had ricer friends that even said they knew they could keep up, yet they still wanted to race. Ive had other friends that were given their moms honda, or toyota or somethin, and they had some money to do upgrades seldomly, but not enough to go get a 10000 dollar car like mine. I can respect that. Hell I even enjoy racing people that I know will beat me. When I used to have my ranger, I would try to get anyone to race me, It was almost always a guaranteed loss, but racing is just kinda fun. I just wish that people who like to race, and have slower cars (ricers) would lose some of their overwhelming amount of pride, and just have some fun.

I dont condone my anger against my co-worker, but Ill be honest, when someone starts ragging on my baby -I place a lot of my self respect in that car- I get defensive and agitatated!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

FFS, race the ****** already. I read all 3 pages of this **** with no ending? BLAH race him. Better yet, video tape it for all your co workers to see. Hell, after video taping it, put it on all the computers you guys have on display and set it to "loop" so everyone can see it over and over again

Also, after you smoke him in the race, if he starts talking **** just beat the **** out of him too. Chances are he won't come back to work
Old 08-09-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

ill see him tonight! We both close, that a recipe for a race! I hope the fagot brings his *****, cause if he backs out again, im gonna be a bit angry!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Cool

Originally Posted by DD966
I applaud you for your restraint. If I were you, I'd ask him to race at least 50 times everytime I worked with him. Every conversation I had with him would begin and end with "wanna race?" He'd hear the words "wanna race?" in his sleep.

you can't let this loser run his mouth like this. shut his *** up. Every time he starts talking **** on your car or the mustang, just utter these two magical words. Also, the more people you're in front of at the time the better. i want video of this jackass's face when you smoke him.

you've gotta
Old 08-10-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

For those of you who thought Talons were reliable...

Here's the story

I get to work this afternoon, only to find out that he had been working a day shift. I arrived early enough to get to have a few words with him:

me: "Hey buddy... hows the Talon doing, "DUST" and LS1's lately?" (followed by my chuckling)
Dumbas: "Not today, but Ive dealt with them before, they dont concern me, JUST a small-block chevy"
me: (still chuckling, but louder now)"You'll have to prove that. Did you like my donught last night? Funny thing is, I did it going foward... NOT REVERSE. Thats the beauty of REAR-WHEEL DRIVE!!! So, wanna cut the crap and race me already?"
Dumbass:"ITS ON!... Oh, but wait, you have to work now. Guess we'll have to do it some other time! Like it would even be close!"
me: "My thoughts exactly. Bye Bye Bitch!"
at that point I walked away, and clocked in.

This Part is Funny

When I got to the front of the store to talk to my manager, I noticed that his stupid Talon was still parked out front. Hmmmm. I wonder why. His shift had been over for a good 10 minutes. Any guesses guys? IT WAS BROKEN DOWN. he had the hood popped, and there was some steam/smoke wafting slowly out! HA! 200000 miles my ***! I only wish I could take credit for it!

It sat there all night till about 8:30 when he brought a truck up here and had it towed off. The camaro has never needed a tow.

Hopefully it wasnt anything to serious, I still wanna break that lil bastards spirits!

Ill let ya know what I find out about his car! I just cant stop laughing about how his SUPER TALON, which is supposedly so fast, and yet reliable broke down. LOL

Quick Reply: The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol