Sponsored by:

Heavily Modded 03 GT VS Stock LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 02:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Heavily Modded 03 GT VS Stock LS1

Check this out,
The 3rd day i get my ls1, i go eat at wonderfull in n out. The sad thing is, is that the place is owned by ricers. They're everywhere. Sadly a GT was spotted out my window where im eating. They was lookin at my transy. So i decided to go chat. He said his mods include the following: BBK shorty headers, pro-chamber h-pipe, BBk throttle body, magnaflow exhaust, superchiped, and pullies. I'll be honest i was impressed So i was a little nervous when we were pullen out. 1st run, From a dig we were even until the idiot missed 3rd. 2nd run: also from a dig we ung through 2nd until magical 3rd pullled on his pony ***. 3rd and final run: 20 roll and the ls1 dominated every gear through 1/2 of 4th. LS1 owners be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 08-10-2004, 02:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
Check this out,
The 3rd day i get my ls1, i go eat at wonderfull in n out. The sad thing is, is that the place is owned by ricers. They're everywhere. Sadly a GT was spotted out my window where im eating. They was lookin at my transy. So i decided to go chat. He said his mods include the following: BBK shorty headers, pro-chamber h-pipe, BBk throttle body, magnaflow exhaust, superchiped, and pullies. I'll be honest i was impressed So i was a little nervous when we were pullen out. 1st run, From a dig we were even until the idiot missed 3rd. 2nd run: also from a dig we ung through 2nd until magical 3rd pullled on his pony ***. 3rd and final run: 20 roll and the ls1 dominated every gear through 1/2 of 4th. LS1 owners be proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
others may disagree, alot of closet mustang guys on this site(joking!), but that has been my typical experience with stock and modded GTs. and heres a funny one for ya, i was cruising with my buddy stu the night before last and i came up on a yellow GT that i had beat pretty bad about a month before, i talked to the guy after, and he had catback, pulleys, off road XorH pipe, dont remember what he said, and a few suspension items. when we hit the light next to him he looked over and said "whats up? im not even gonna try this one again!" and slowly pulled away when the light turned green. it was funny to us because my car is as stock as can be, so to have someone say that to us was unusual.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

Agreed!!
Old 08-10-2004, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1fbod
Agreed!!
well im glad you do, but i still fear a good flaming come morning!
Old 08-10-2004, 04:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hate to say it, but nitrous is not your friend when racing a GT. I saw a guy run a 14.6 at the track all motor (easy win for me), but with nitrous he managed a 13.3. Horsepower in a bottle will work for any car, just be careful when street racing.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice killage, but I definitely wouldn't consider that a heavily modded Mustang, considering the only mods he has are bolt-ons. That's a bolt-on car, my friend.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:23 AM
11 Second Club

Hate to say it, but nitrous is not your friend when racing a GT. I saw a guy run a 14.6 at the track all motor (easy win for me), but with nitrous he managed a 13.3. Horsepower in a bottle will work for any car, just be careful when street racing.
thats a duhhh
Old 08-10-2004, 07:13 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill
Old 08-10-2004, 07:44 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enisguy
Nice killage, but I definitely wouldn't consider that a heavily modded Mustang, considering the only mods he has are bolt-ons. That's a bolt-on car, my friend.
Try this one, almost two years ago I took my (at the time) new Z to the track 5600 miles on the odo. Only mods were lid, K&N, and Magnaflow replacement muffler. I'm talking to a guy in the staging lanes with a 98 GT. He tells me it's got C&C ported heads, ported intake, after market cams (I don't recall the manufacterer), BBK throttle body, pullies, full length headers, full length Bassani exhaust with X-pipe, K&N FIPK, enlarged radiator with Spahl fans, custom dynoed computer work, centerforce clutch, 3.73's, and Nitto's. He popped the hood and everything was there that I could (see). He said he ran it in Texas quite a bit at mid to high 12's. That sound about right for the mods. I told I was expecting mid to high 13's for the Z. He said "yeah most of the Camaro's and TA's run pretty good usually low 14's high 13's". Luckily we tech'd in first and got the the lanes first. The light drops he shoot's out of the hole by half a length. My car grabs fairly well in first by the time I hit 3500 it breaks the factory goodyears loose he pulls another half. I grab second the tires are still spinning. Finally at about4K in second it the tires bite. By this time he's 2-21/2 car-lentghs in front. I start pulling hard. It pips the tires in third, I start pulling like a freight train. I go past at about the 900 foot mark and get the win light. I hit the timing shack to get my slip. Mine 13.32 @ 110 with a 2.3 60'. His 13.74 @ 105 with a 1.89 60'. He go back to the pits and he tells me I'm full of **** there is now way that thing has just a muffler and lid. I tell him to look for himself. He looked her over and finally said "goddamn that thing'll move". I said "thanks, yours runs good too". I continued to watch him run I thought he might be a shitty driver. But he drove really good. Maybe that day wasn't his day.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2ndGenWs6Owner

did someone say something about N2O? and about the guy i beat, i didnt think he was heavily modded, i just thought he should be enough to beat me. my car is stock right now and it aint chit!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

that the way it goes when the car you drive is LS1 powered!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by natronathon
that the way it goes when the car you drive is LS1 powered!

right on, brother!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Was it a Red GT lookalike Cobra (NICK)? He was running 14s N/A and Mid 13s awhile ago, but recently manged a 13.40 at sea level N/A with gears (410s) exhaust, air intake, suspension, pullies and who knows what else
Well I ran him one night (me radials and him on slick) and he put 2 cars on me from the dig No worries I reeled him in and managed to put two on him on the big end
I caught him at the end of 2nd and when I went passed him it was so funny...........He looked over like where the hell did I come from as I went by! He even said as much after the race.
(With a Raptor ram air hood, WS6 raised lower box and MTI lid.)
The new GTs are pigs!
Originally Posted by 2ndGenWs6Owner
Old 08-10-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

My friend your LS1 hates Mustangs LOL
My TA did! I ran everything from a modded 01 to a worked 90 with NOS and only had one pull me (heads cam 150 shot and 3000lbs in 4th ONLY)! And I ran a 14.0 @ 5000'
My buddies 91 ran 12.5s @5000', but on the street I would consistantly work him from a roll. They are all about torque and leaving hard.
Originally Posted by evil02z
Try this one, almost two years ago I took my (at the time) new Z to the track 5600 miles on the odo. Only mods were lid, K&N, and Magnaflow replacement muffler. I'm talking to a guy in the staging lanes with a 98 GT. He tells me it's got C&C ported heads, ported intake, after market cams (I don't recall the manufacterer), BBK throttle body, pullies, full length headers, full length Bassani exhaust with X-pipe, K&N FIPK, enlarged radiator with Spahl fans, custom dynoed computer work, centerforce clutch, 3.73's, and Nitto's. He popped the hood and everything was there that I could (see). He said he ran it in Texas quite a bit at mid to high 12's. That sound about right for the mods. I told I was expecting mid to high 13's for the Z. He said "yeah most of the Camaro's and TA's run pretty good usually low 14's high 13's". Luckily we tech'd in first and got the the lanes first. The light drops he shoot's out of the hole by half a length. My car grabs fairly well in first by the time I hit 3500 it breaks the factory goodyears loose he pulls another half. I grab second the tires are still spinning. Finally at about4K in second it the tires bite. By this time he's 2-21/2 car-lentghs in front. I start pulling hard. It pips the tires in third, I start pulling like a freight train. I go past at about the 900 foot mark and get the win light. I hit the timing shack to get my slip. Mine 13.32 @ 110 with a 2.3 60'. His 13.74 @ 105 with a 1.89 60'. He go back to the pits and he tells me I'm full of **** there is now way that thing has just a muffler and lid. I tell him to look for himself. He looked her over and finally said "goddamn that thing'll move". I said "thanks, yours runs good too". I continued to watch him run I thought he might be a shitty driver. But he drove really good. Maybe that day wasn't his day.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

Agreed
Old 08-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Stock LS1 vs. Stock GT: LS1 hits 100 mph two seconds before the GT.