Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whisper lid

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default whisper lid

does any body have the whisper lid? How is the performance of it over stock,i.e. how much hp on a stock car with a flow master muffler and how is the fit and finish
Old 08-18-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Flowmaster does nothing but make a better sound than the stock setup that you already have...as you can see from my sig I too have it but will be swapping out for the master of all exhausts, GMMG shortly. On to the lids, use the SEARCH button and do some back research, as you will find most every lid makes the same amount when it is all said and done. Find the best deal and jump on it. Try out the TSP it's getting good reviews and comes in package deals with MAF and filter if you want. More importantly, they are a SPONSOR and allow us to have this forum to talk about what we like best. So thanks again to all our sponsors...now with that done, how about 50% off GPs from all of 'em?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

I felt a differnce with my whisper lid and the fittment was great.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would definately get it. one of the first mods to get done....

J
Old 08-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

I have a whisper lid also, this was already on the car when I bought it, but from what everyone said, do this mod first. Its not too expensive, but trust me it will lead to bigger and better mods.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

With lid, good filter, and Free Ram Air Mod its really worth it I gained just over .01 and 1 mph at the track.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Launching!

i know whisper also make the ram air kit for there lid is this a worth while combo and what kind of hp# could i expect
Old 08-18-2004, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

I would suggest that you do a Fast Toys Ram Air and Texas Speed and Performance lid. In terms of horsepower, i'd say probably around 5-15 hp depending on any other mods that you have. You can not measure how much hp a FTRA or Whisper Ram Air Kit adds because it is not functional when on a dyno. The FTRA or any other ram air kit really comes into play when you get into the higher speeds. The faster you are moving, the more air you will be sucking up. Don't forget the FTRA also has a block-off plate you can put in during bad weather so it won't suck up any water. Good luck and any combination will be worth while.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Restricted User

Anybody have problems with their Whisper lids touching their hood? My hood just touches the top of the lid when it's ready to latch...so the hood is pushing slightly on the lid when it's closed. I just wondered if this is normal.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine rubs a little as well. I put a piece of felt on the top part of the lid to cushion it, and to keep it from damaging the lid

Ive had no problems with it since
Old 08-19-2004, 01:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Whisper lid sucked. Didnt fit at all. The material is cheap feeling plastic. After a couple months the lid warped and didnt seat anymore on the filter. Got a lid from TS&P and its MUCH better quality build and material.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the Wisper lid also. While I agree that the plastic feels cheap as cheap can be, and it didn't fit the best, I made it fit (and made it fit RIGHT), and it's had no problems since. The lid "lock latches" wouldn't stay latched on the Wisper lid, even though they were perfect and held very strongly onto the stock lid. So I took a flat-head screw driver and dug in two 1"-1 1/2" grooves, so the latches had a groove to stay in, and they hold on tightly and lock on just like on the stock lid. That was my only problem with it (other than cheap plastic), but it's great.