Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camaro Vs. Trans Am's pricewise

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro Vs. Trans Am's pricewise

Why is that TA's are always more expensive than camaros are? I see regular TA's going for 15-20 grand while the same year SS is going for 15 or under. WS6's are all around 20 for one in great condition, why is this? It seems TA's have more value or something, maybe im wrong?
Old 09-28-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probabaly just for simple features like the pop up headlights.. and maybe your paying more for the Pontiac name? pontiacs seem to always run a little higher.. i really have no idea haha..
Old 09-28-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I PERSONALLY think they look better, but that's all in opinion. I like the interior quality and look better as well. That's what I bought mine for, but I'm in no way saying T/As look better. WS6 is one of hte most badass looking cars on the road though.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Staging Lane

All trans-ams come with T-Tops and leather and most are fully loaded....If you wanna find a good deal on a F-Body wait two more months when it gets colder
Old 09-28-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FastFrank
All trans-ams come with T-Tops and leather and most are fully loaded....If you wanna find a good deal on a F-Body wait two more months when it gets colder
Took the words right out of my mouth. Almost exactly.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

I actually ended up getting my WS6 for less than I could find a comprable SS. I really wanted an SS more b/c I like them more personally, but I can't turn down a car that is basically the same and has a higher KBB value. I'm not complaining about it though

TAs just seem to have more demand-most ppl think they look nicer (and think they are faster). They also seem to generally come with more options-I don't think I EVER saw one with an LS1 and cloth seats (again I prefer b/c leather is cold in the winter).
Old 09-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Is there any truth to the myth that the production numbers favored Camaros which made the Birds a bit more expensive perhaps?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cerebrex
I PERSONALLY think they look better, but that's all in opinion. I like the interior quality and look better as well. That's what I bought mine for, but I'm in no way saying T/As look better. WS6 is one of hte most badass looking cars on the road though.

there you go
and the silver ones are the fast ones

Anyways the only options are on the t/a cd changer and traction control hurst shifter.
On the camaro you have to pay for the every option what you want like t-top pw window leather interior etc
Maybe that is why they are cheaper. But the good thing about this less money buy you the same performance.

Last edited by TOMMY BOY74; 09-29-2004 at 05:50 AM.