New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Camaro vs Dodge SRT-4 ...which would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SRT4tech.com NOT....I'm going for the LS1. Give it another year or so and those Neons' (let's not forget thats what they are) will be CHEAP. Dodge products have very low resale value, and there is a reason for it. It's not a conspiracy, its reality, they just aren't as desirable for a reason.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Default ...

Dodge does not have low resale value.. If my dad went to sell his 03 Viper SRT-10 he would get 75k for it.. And the srt-10 ram.. resale value not low neither... maybe the low priced cars yea.. we will still get 16-20k
And what about those pics of ur cars guys.send me some..
Old 07-03-2005, 02:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SRT-Owner
wth did he put into his car, tell him to give ya a list so i can see em...Yes its still a neon yes im on the srtfourms, i have an AGP Turbo T3/T4 Garrett 60Trim .63 A all i need is a good tune and ill be pushin ova 500 hp to the wheels.. And my car moves should be able to do low 11's. here is my list

B&B full 3" turbo back exhaust/ Walbro 255LPH fuel pump/ AGP Turbo T3/T4 Garrett 60Trim .63 A/ RC 750cc Fuel Injectors/ AGP Dog Bone solid motor mounts/ Apexi Super AFC-2/ Perrin Cold Air Intake/ Perrin fuel rail/ Fuel Return kit/ Tach Adapter/ Fuel pressure regulator/ Sport Comp Crane ignition/ AFX underdrive pulley/ Iceman 60mm throttle body/ DSS axles Stage 3/ Hawk brake pads/ Clutch Master Stage 3/ Stage 2 ECU(PCM) upgrade with turbo toys/ MSD ignition coil/ MSD spark plug wires/ HKS super sequential blow-off valve/ Mopar short throw shifter/ Booger bushings/ Split Second voltage clamp/ Tokico 5-way adjustable struts/ DC Sports SRT-4 strut bar/ Eibach springs/ Energy Suspension sway bars/ Powder coated valve cover/ Custom catch can/ Perrin pressure pipe/ Perrin Huge front-mount intercooler/ MPX coilpack and wire heat shield/ P-werks SRT-4 tri-point rear strut tower brace/ HKS EVC 5 boost controller/ MPX clear 3rd brake light/ Euro clear corner lenses/ Mopar taillights/ Wings West Wide Body kit - seamless/ IP2 carbon fiber hood/ MPX carbon fiber foglamp covers/ 18" Motegi FF5 Hyperblack rims/ Shaved antenna/Roof Mount antenna/ E-brake boot/ Shift boot/ Custom metal floor plates/ SRT-4 gauges (air/fuel ratio, amp, oil, boost)/ Kenwood Excelon DVD 7" Flip touch-screen/ 2 X 8" Bazooka NOS tubes/ Sony Explod Amp/ SRT-4 door sills/ HVAC billet control *****/ cross-drilled, slotted rotors/ limited slip differential/PlayStation 2/GOTBOOST?Decal/

Can u guys send me some pics of ur cars SRT8188@aol.com send me em i want to see em, thinking about making website and adding all car pics, camaros,vipers,neons, alot more need to pick my favorite cars...

other than the axles he has pretty much the same stuff as you. He thought he was going to put down that type of power also but was very shocked when he didnt,and looking at you list that is alot of money and mods to go 11si went 11s on under 3500 in mods--------in the srtforum his name is badazzsrt4
Attached Thumbnails LS1 Camaro vs Dodge SRT-4 ...which would you choose?-misercar2.jpg  

Last edited by ws6sojuiced01; 07-03-2005 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

While yes the neon above spent a load of money to go 11s it will be a beast from a roll. I wouldnt doubt for a second that it would suprise a 1/2 second faster n/a f-body on the highway. Then again it is nice knowing that we can go 11s with next to nothing invested. Lid, catback, 150 pill? hello 11s lol
Old 07-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Default ..

lol u telling me he didnt get the power i have.. u guys think i invested alot of money in which i didnt.. At first i was buying a 2000 Saleen Mustang with 700+ but the guy never called back..
Thanks for the pic ws6sojuiced01
Old 07-03-2005, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Anyone know how the neon got its name? When people get into it they hit there knee-on everything. idk I didnt make it up.

The new srt-4 is a nicr car but I wouldnt be able to bring myself to say I own a neon. I mean im used to seeing the old neos driving down the street with rice burners and those stupid body kits.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

lol u telling me he didnt get the power i have.. u guys think i invested alot of money in which i didnt.. At first i was buying a 2000 Saleen Mustang with 700+ but the guy never called back..
Thanks for the pic ws6sojuiced01
Ill see if i can dig up a pic of his srt4 today.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

veXati0n- no offence but thats ****** retarded to post a question like that in a CAMARO forum, you have to get an opinion by someone that doesnt like/ does like both/ neither, thats the only fair way, i personally, like 99 % of the people here love the camaro, but the SRT-4 isnt a bad car, good gas mileage, has SOME speed, but get the Z28
Old 07-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Teching In

Default ..

ok turbo666 send me the pic of it.. i have a pic of mine from when i was living with dad in washington d.c
Next to my dads 03 srt-10

Another one
Old 07-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Banned

you know my vote srt-4 ls1 camaro I don't car if its considered a mopar I'll take an ls1 over a neon anyday
Old 07-05-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're trying to say you haven't dumped alot of money in that car you're full of ****.

Here's your list without all the non-performance mods. I took out the carbon fiber **** too but I could have left it, "weight reduction".
B&B full 3" turbo back exhaust/ Walbro 255LPH fuel pump/ AGP Turbo T3/T4 Garrett 60Trim .63 A/ RC 750cc Fuel Injectors/ AGP Dog Bone solid motor mounts/ Apexi Super AFC-2/ Perrin Cold Air Intake/ Perrin fuel rail/ Fuel Return kit/ Tach Adapter/ Fuel pressure regulator/ Sport Comp Crane ignition/ AFX underdrive pulley/ Iceman 60mm throttle body/ DSS axles Stage 3/ Clutch Master Stage 3/ Stage 2 ECU(PCM) upgrade with turbo toys/ MSD ignition coil/ MSD spark plug wires/ HKS super sequential blow-off valve/ Mopar short throw shifter/ Booger bushings/ Split Second voltage clamp/ Tokico 5-way adjustable struts/ DC Sports SRT-4 strut bar/ Eibach springs/ Energy Suspension sway bars/ Powder coated valve cover/ Custom catch can/ Perrin pressure pipe/ Perrin Huge front-mount intercooler/ MPX coilpack and wire heat shield/ P-werks SRT-4 tri-point rear strut tower brace/ HKS EVC 5 boost controller/limited slip differential/
It doesnt matter if it's not alot of money to you, that adds up to some cash. I dont care if it's faster, I wouldnt drive your car if you gave it to me. This is an LS1 board, we are going to recommend the LS1.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Default ....

im not full of it not that much invested.. Well im not trying to start anything i was just telling u that i havent invested alot in the car...Ive driven ur guys cars before driven a Ferrari 360 F1 tell u the truth.. SRT-4 is more fun then both.. but dont get me wrong yes the ls1's are fast of course they can beat a ferrari but i dont really care for the speed. im 16 almost 17 i dont want anything too fast something for car shows when i go i dont drive my car that much only 8k miles on it..
Old 07-06-2005, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

okay no shugarcoating here srt-owner you are completely full of **** not to mention a neon is a ricer not to mention a 4-DOOR!!!!!!!! and there is a slight value difference in a viper and a neon jackass, go buy a honda
Old 07-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Launching!

all i know is i have a 97 z28, with the lt1 (less power than the ls1) and the t56 6speed with a flowmaster catback and i beat srt-4s from a drop or from standstill.
plus the ss will get 150mph stock and definitley beat the neon in every performance aspect possible. and one SLP installed option on the SS is stiffer struts and suspension so it should ouhandle a srt4
Old 07-07-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stock LS1's will hit the 162 mph limiter and knock on the door of 170mph with the limiter removed.

His SRT-4 is far from stock. Stock for stock LS1 > SRT-4 all day. Once the modding begins its all about money.

SRT-owner, to each their own.:p
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Default ...

ilovefirstgens, ricer no thats the honda's etc.. Dodge all Muscle so i guess the viper is a ricer too if u supe it up..ok im full of **** too i guess lmao.. and for a 4 door its pretty f-in fast..No i dont have anything against ls1's etc.. I Guess u guys have probs against the neon i see.. I aint starting no probs.. etc.. Most of u guys are starting but i aitn starting
Old 07-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Banned

Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

8 pages, ah why not add my $.02...

A good friend of mine had a SRT-4. He spent close to $10k getting the motor built, and turbo system upgraded. The car ran right for less than a week before it blew up. Granted I think it was the builder's fault. My buddy, completely financially exhausted at this point decided to cut his losses and sell the car (he owned it outright.) The car just sold for $8k. Now my same buddy is considering buying a F-Body, or another SRT. I try and tell him it was a sign to get out of the skittle, but he disagrees.

I drove a Stage ? upgraded neon. I was impressed. Not as impressed however as driving my old modded WS.6. In the end you have to drive the car. Not us. Hell I imagine you could post on just about any forum as to which car the majority would rather have. Chances are they're going to pick the make of the car that the forum is based around.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Banned

you can get a 3rd gen get a crate motor that makes 3 to 400 hp for that kind of money can I get an amen
Old 07-08-2005, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

ilovefirstgens, ricer no thats the honda's etc.. Dodge all Muscle so i guess the viper is a ricer too if u supe it up..
No a neon is most deffinatly a ricer... Neons are known for having those stupid rice burners on them sounds rediculious. The srt-4 is a step up and doesnt look bad for a neon dodge did take a step in the right direction with that but a neon is a neon.

Quick Reply: LS1 Camaro vs Dodge SRT-4 ...which would you choose?