Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TIREs

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 05:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIREs

I was detailing my car for the first time since i got it about 3 weeks ago and i noticed that all tires say mount this side in they do not say or show a direction of rotation they only say mount this side in y check the rotation and patern and it looks like its rotating the proper way they are Dunlops almost new maybe they have 1000 miles on them, they were mounted by the Sears team and they say that thats not an esue can any one give me some advice should i get them swap i belive that they say that for a razon or maybe I can be wrong, can any one give me some advice, thank you very much.
Attached Thumbnails TIREs-z28-1998.jpg  
Old 02-01-2005, 06:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Use of the period....

Old 02-01-2005, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Use of the period....

youre very mean.

also funny, but mean!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, I don't have the patience to read that.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey, I'd love to help you but I'm really not sure what you are asking? Should you change your tires? Have them re-mounted? Please clarify.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

If you can read "Mount this side in" without being under the car than get them re-mounted. that is put on there so dumbshits don't mount them backwards and have the direction of rotation wrong.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by warmongoose
:
.... can any one give me some advice, thank you very much.
If I were you - I'd sue the elementary and high school system you attended for malfeasance. That should easily net you a couple of million, then it won't matter if the tires are mounted on the wrong side, you'll have plenty of money and can just pay to have the tires replaced every 3000 miles.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by warmongoose
I was detailing my car for the first time since i got it about 3 weeks ago and i noticed that all tires say mount this side in they do not say or show a direction of rotation they only say mount this side in y check the rotation and patern and it looks like its rotating the proper way they are Dunlops almost new maybe they have 1000 miles on them, they were mounted by the Sears team and they say that thats not an esue can any one give me some advice should i get them swap i belive that they say that for a razon or maybe I can be wrong, can any one give me some advice, thank you very much.

To give you a straight answer...

If it says to mount IN from the outside then it is mounted on the rim incorrectly. That side of the tire should be on the inside of the car and unable to be read unless the tire is off or you are under the car.

If all 4 tires are this way then I theink the previous owner was a moron and mounted the tires themselves, incorrectly. You will want to take the rims/tires to a shop to mount correctly and check the balance while you are there to insure the previous owner did it. I bet if the previous did his own mounting then the tires were balanced for the previous tires on the rim.