Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$@#! stock alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $@#! stock alarm system

Is there anyway to disable this POS? I don't have the keyless remote and the damn alarm is activated. When I turn the car on, the horn goes off and the lights flash. Apparently with my luck I cycled through locking/unlocking the door,,and ended up turning on the alarm. And by the end of this, I still want to have a horn,,so I'm not just going to yank the relay. I hate this damn alarm!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you can un program it... go to ls1camaro.com and there is a write up about changing all kinds of **** in the computer....
Old 03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

look in the owners manual, it gives you the instructions to disable the alarm amongst other things
Old 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
Launching!

It's a little more complicated than meets the eye. As I stated, I don't have the keyless entry remote from this BCM. If the owners manual did say how to disable it, it would most likely include the transmitter. The key that I have does not have the right resistance to have the car recognize it. I believe there are 18 different combinations from GM keys. So in other words,,the BCM does not recognize the ignition key I have, because I have a different key than the BCM was programmed to read. So until it reads the right resistance, I cannot shut this fing POS off. Right now is is drivable thought,,except the horn relay was taken out so I don't have a horn..And also I cannot use the unlock buttons in the car to unlock the doors. The security system won't let it.

M6HuggerSS: I checked that site..I don't know if I'm blind or where to look,,but I did not see anything about writeups or reprogramming. All I see are different cars of people.

GM just HAD to put the security system in the BCM..Sure it may make it harder to steal..but now i'm screwed...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Teching In

I hated my stock alarm on my camaro. That thing sucked *** and only gave me problems. It would start honking if I used the remote to lock the car. Thing is a POS.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lightbulb The bull **** resistor

All you have to do is go to Radio Shack and buy a resistor and put inline with the lead associated reading the resistor. I believe when I put mine in it was a 900 ohm resistor.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NC98Z
All you have to do is go to Radio Shack and buy a resistor and put inline with the lead associated reading the resistor. I believe when I put mine in it was a 900 ohm resistor.
I know what you're talking about..but I don't know the resistance my key has. My mechanic is just going to go through all 18 different possibilities to find the resistance and then it can be fixed from there.

Last edited by Camaro_SLP; 03-29-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Wait, tell me if i'm just misinterpreting but...how did you end up with a key that isnt the right resistence? I can understand why you might not have the FAB transmitter, cuz when i got my z28 i only got one cuz the dealer put the other up their butt (i dont like them). Replacement FABs can be bought for like, $60 i was told. But to even have a replacement key made...you need an original (actually, a friend told me u need two original keys, for "security" reasons, before you can have a spare key made)...so why wasnt the resistor correctly matched when the key was made? --was the place u had it done unable to match it or something, and ur at a somewhat 'manual' matching stage right now?

Last edited by dreammmatt; 08-31-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dreammmatt
Wait, tell me if i'm just misinterpreting but...how did you end up with a key that isnt the right resistence? I can understand why you might not have the *** transmitter (interesting name, no? lol), cuz when i got my z28 i only got one cuz the dealer put the other up their butt (i dont like them). Replacement **** can be bought for like, $60 i was told. But to even have a replacement key made...you need an original (actually, a friend told me u need two original keys, for "security" reasons, before you can have a spare key made)...so why wasnt the resistor correctly matched when the key was made? --was the place u had it done unable to match it or something, and ur at a somewhat 'manual' matching stage right now?
I did an engine swap and all the wiring is bastardized. I got a newer BCM,,which is where it has the resistance of the key burned into it..so it didn't match the original keys resistance. I was able to find the right combination though and my mechanic is making me a new key that has the right resistance...so all is good now.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dreammmatt
I can understand why you might not have the *** transmitter (interesting name, no? lol), cuz when i got my z28 i only got one cuz the dealer put the other up their butt (i dont like them). Replacement **** can be bought for like, $60 i was told.
I have a great idea. Let's never make any mention ever again of our LS1 cars being equipped with any sort of real or imagined "*** transmitter". Our cars do not have such a transmitter, and this conversation never happened.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I agree
Old 03-31-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Junkie

you can use a multimeter to find your key's resistance.