Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2=Junk?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998z28ss
GM wouldnt produce a motor that had issues ....

sorry i found that funny. while the LS2 isnt junk, the BM motor in my last car (3400 in my grand am) was known for having issues from 99-04, as well as all other GM 60 degree V6 motors from 96 until 04, with a leaky lower intake gasket.

sorry, had to hit that tangent.

the LS2 GTO is a sweet car. i had one all ready to go (contract signed) and the dealer tried to screw me, so i later bought my 01 z28. while I have no regrets, i would have probably enjoyed the GTO more.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Default true words of a ricer

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Many LS1's have dynoed 290-310 hp in stock form... MANY.
And youre comment about the GTO is because they are girths.
Put an LS2 in the same fbody, and bye bye.

So.. most people would agree that anyone on here with a 350Z, or something that isn't American is rice?
I dont think so.
The people on here respect a fast car, and owning a foreign car does not make you rice.
You can rice out a Camaro just as easy as you can a Civic.

Learn to accept certain facts, and most of all, grow up!
That quote is in my sig so people can see how immature he is. And youre not far behind.
Some of you guys get so caught up in this "LS1 owns all crap" you lose touch of reality.
if this were true why not change the name of the site to ls1/importtech.most people on here have lsx vehicles or other domestics.not imports if they do so be it.i used to own imports yeah they are good cars but cant handle severe abuse i know this for a fact.so i hate rice.im as grown up as ill ever be
Old 04-18-2007, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default stupid kids who make fun of other kids for being stupid

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
do some research...
my buddy bought one of the ls2 gtos and it was no faster than my stock ls1 fbody so he sold it.

it also weighs a **** load more and has torque management out the ***. compare apples to apples. LS2 GTOs kill LS1 GTOs.

1. your friend can't drive.
2. hes' stupid for selling it just because he lost to an LS1 F body.

your signature qoute is stupid and should be deleted because most people here would agree with what chaman said
just because the LS1 is the best engine ever made doesnt make everything else gay. 350Zs are very respectable, all things considered.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1998z28ss
The LS2 is a great motor. One difference though that no one has mentioned, doesnt the ls2 have siamesed cylinders like the old school sbc 400? Not that it makes a difference.

I definitly wouldnt let that stop me as its clearly superior to the ls1. GM wouldnt produce a motor that had issues and I havent heard of any issues with the ls2. Which isnt suprising considering they're using that in the 09 camaro.
6.2L LS3 with vvt. hell yes!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used to own imports yeah they are good cars but cant handle severe abuse i know this for a fact.so i hate rice.im as grown up as ill ever be
if you were grown up you would have a more open mind.

saying all imports are **** is like saying all american cars are good.....
yea mitsubishis are pieces of ****, but hondas and toyotas are quite possibly the most reliable cars on the planet.

just like the LS1 is the most reliable,powerful,efficient american V8 ever built, ever owned a dodge?? STAY AWAY!!

dont generalize everything based on displacement.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Default who asked you

Originally Posted by rumblebox
it also weighs a **** load more and has torque management out the ***. compare apples to apples. LS2 GTOs kill LS1 GTOs.

1. your friend can't drive.
2. hes' stupid for selling it just because he lost to an LS1 F body.

just because the LS1 is the best engine ever made doesnt make everything else gay. 350Zs are very respectable, all things considered.
who asked you?
my buddy sold the car because he was so ******* disgusted with the way it performed.yes he can drive too and i know the goats are heavier.my buddy traded in his modded mach 1 on the goat without even driving the car brought it home and got beat by a lightly modded 00 gt
from a stop and a roll the gt won both times.im a grown man amd im sick of all you know it all moron rice lovers.
so get over it not everyone is an import fan
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Default i dont care

if you were grown up you would have a more open mind.

saying all imports are **** is like saying all american cars are good.....
yea mitsubishis are pieces of ****, but hondas and toyotas are quite possibly the most reliable cars on the planet.

just like the LS1 is the most reliable,powerful,efficient american V8 ever built, ever owned a dodge?? STAY AWAY!!

dont generalize everything based on displacement.
True words of a wanna be ricer
Old 04-18-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

who asked you?
my buddy sold the car because he was so ******* disgusted with the way it performed.yes he can drive too and i know the goats are heavier.my buddy traded in his modded mach 1 on the goat without even driving the car brought it home and got beat by a lightly modded 00 gt
from a stop and a roll the gt won both times.im a grown man amd im sick of all you know it all moron rice lovers.
well when you talk **** based on stupidity, you tend to get replies. i dont like imports, i just give them credit when it's due.

did your friend give the goat a chance to break in? also the mustang is al ot lighter. that would be like me getting pissed cuz i lost to a mustang in my Z71.

if you're a grown man, ACT LIKE IT, ******!! maybe i come off as a know it all because i DO research, and i am a GM tech. and a lot of my friends are honda and toyota techs. so i learn a little of all worlds. i also own a mitsubishi, which is a piece of ****.

get off your rag, buddy.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

True words of a wanna be ricer
true words of a ******* closed minded idiot who needs......

Old 04-18-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

who asked you?
The more you talk, the dumber you look. Seriously man, let it go.

I've driven a lightly modded 01 GT (Intake, catback w/ h-pipe), and let me tell you, if he got beat by one in his LS2 GTO, then he can't ******* drive.

You say you're a grown man and are sick of all us rice lovers... Who in here is loving rice? Just because it isn't made in the good ole' USA doesn't mean it's inferior. I'm not an import fan, I'll never own one, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the cars.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

i dont need to research show me somthing i posted thats false.
all i said was i hate imports= true
ls1 f bodies have beaten ls2 goats=true
goats are heavier=true
my buddy bought and sold a goat =true
ls1 is underrated in fbody =true
what is false there
you need to grow up
Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Default who asked you

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
The more you talk, the dumber you look. Seriously man, let it go.

I've driven a lightly modded 01 GT (Intake, catback w/ h-pipe), and let me tell you, if he got beat by one in his LS2 GTO, then he can't ******* drive.

You say you're a grown man and are sick of all us rice lovers... Who in here is loving rice? Just because it isn't made in the good ole' USA doesn't mean it's inferior. I'm not an import fan, I'll never own one, but that doesn't mean I don't respect the cars.
what have i said that is false or stupid really
i dont like rice and you guys do who cares
Old 04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont need to research show me somthing i posted thats false.
all i said was i hate imports= true
ls1 f bodies have beaten ls2 goats=true
goats are heavier=true
my buddy bought and sold a goat =true
ls1 is underrated in fbody =true
what is false there
you need to grow up
you're a moron=true

but it's ok. i'm going to ignore you now....
Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

i like how you guys set behind your monitor and call people names and you are tellin me to grow up
Old 04-18-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm going to ignore you now....
Old 04-18-2007, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

so anyways BACK TO THE TOPIC... the LS2's main difference from the LS1 is the relocation of the knock sensors to the side of the block instead of under the intake

1. they moved them to the side of the block instead of the lifter valley because all gen4 blocks have provisions for displacement on demand even if it's not utilized.(valve body in the lifter valley)

2. the new knock sensors pick up specific frequencies instead of just knock noises. thus, no more false knock codes.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Okay people first of all...that quote "proudly" shown by burnzilla was written by me in response of one stupid **** boy that was doing the all well known ricer math in a thread a few weeks ago. It was sarcastic and just written to make fun of him. Only an ******* (search burnzillas post history) with the intellect of a retard insect would proudly show it off.

Yes the LS2 is a more powerful engine than the LS1. Is stupid arguing about that but the LS1 was indeed way underrated. The GTO has what my Magnum suffers from too....overweight. Stock by stock a GTO (ls1 or ls2) could be in a hurry, even a ls2, with a stock f-body (ls1). The overweight equals things here. If you look at burnzillas pots most of the **** he writes is just to stir things, talk against the LS1 and try to prove how great the LT1 is....quite pathetic really. Thats why he intervenes here, a nice opportunity to talk **** about the LS1.....Dont let this guy keep on crapping out threads here so LS1 people end up arguing, thats what he wants to do...
Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The above is an example of what this ******* always do......create trouble.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Banned

i like how you guys set behind your monitor and call people names and you are tellin me to grow up
Youre the one that comes out first calling names, and sounding like a retard.

How many times are you going to get owned on here before you shut your mouth?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

he's like a gnat that wont go away.

Quick Reply: LS2=Junk?????