Sponsored by:

LS2=Junk?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is so much fun i had to jump in
but with personal experience only

ls1 GTO's are not slow, I think there put down a little bit in this thread due to the fact that gto's are heavier than a fbod.

A buddy of mine bought a 04 ls1 gto, did an intake and cat back, he had some better gears than me outta factory, but racing his A4 to my A4 with bolt ons, it was a close race, and came down to the launch. I would usually pull about a half car on him, maybe a full car if it was closer to a 1/4 miles race, but if he got jsut a slight jump he could hold me off til top end... about 100ish. he had an ls6 intake on me, plus his slp loudmouth catback, intake..., i had the 2.73 A4 setup had t/b, k & n fipk, slp loudmouth, .. i think they were pretty evenly matched.

In regard to the topic on hand,
LS2's are a great motor... so is the ls1, but if I had a choice and money wasn't the issue ls2 everytime. no reason not too. plus the black tail lights and ram air hood on the later year GTO's really help the appearance.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

WOW!!!! I haven't checked this thread for awhile! IT BLEW UP!

Here's an update: My buddy decided he did not want to trade in his truck to get the Goat so he's just getting an LS1 GTO for much cheaper and going to do a H/C/I swap

And then he's just going to swap for a LS2 GTO hood because those seem to really add some agressiveness to the looks of the car.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

huh??
Old 04-24-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
WOW!!!! I haven't checked this thread for awhile! IT BLEW UP!

Here's an update: My buddy decided he did not want to trade in his truck to get the Goat so he's just getting an LS1 GTO for much cheaper and going to do a H/C/I swap

And then he's just going to swap for a LS2 GTO hood because those seem to really add some agressiveness to the looks of the car.

kinda like my buddys car... cept his hood was a little more aggressive, almost along the stylings of the mecham hood, and he swapped to the black tail lights. looks much better IMO...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-24-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhosNXT

you know the thread was kinda losing its original tone i'm glad there was someone to bring it back on topic...

Quick Reply: LS2=Junk?????