New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fog lamps

I've had my 00 trans am for about a year now and one of my fog lamps recently went out. so..... ummmm..... how in the world do you replace it? i can't get to it from above or from underneath. looks like i have to take off the bumper to do it. i'm hoping it doesn't involve that much. please help me!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

same here. 00 TA. help us
Old 04-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Launching!

I'm assuming TA's are the same a Camaros as in there is an access panel underneath the front end for each foglight. I believe it's a single bolt that holds it on. Take it out, the door swings down, easy access. TA guys chime in here if it's the same set-up.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright boys and girl now that I look at op's name , lube them arms up. Hopefully you guys dont weight lift like I do, cause Im screwed. I honestly greased my arm up. Look by where the headlights are, to the left of the driver side and to the right of the pass. side. flip the lights so they come up, turn the lights on all the way so they pop up then just turn the park lights on so the headlights turn out and make sure you flip the fogs off. You are going to have to reach down where you can see where the fog lights are and turn the bulb bracket like you are unscrewing a light bulb. It twists off. once you remove the bulb you put the new one down there and twist it back in. Make sure you dont bump the new bulb too much or your going to have to replace it again. My arms were cut up a little after doing this. Yes some blood. THey were red and scratch mostly for a few days. ITs tight but you can do it. Once you do it your a pro. Ive dont 4 differnt ta's now, everyone asks me to do it since i got it down to a science. Good luck
Old 04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SuperSport
I'm assuming TA's are the same a Camaros as in there is an access panel underneath the front end for each foglight. I believe it's a single bolt that holds it on. Take it out, the door swings down, easy access. TA guys chime in here if it's the same set-up.
negative, i wish it were that nice. you camaro guys have it nice.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
Alright boys and girl now that I look at op's name , lube them arms up. Hopefully you guys dont weight lift like I do, cause Im screwed. I honestly greased my arm up. Look by where the headlights are, to the left of the driver side and to the right of the pass. side. flip the lights so they come up, turn the lights on all the way so they pop up then just turn the park lights on so the headlights turn out and make sure you flip the fogs off. You are going to have to reach down where you can see where the fog lights are and turn the bulb bracket like you are unscrewing a light bulb. It twists off. once you remove the bulb you put the new one down there and twist it back in. Make sure you dont bump the new bulb too much or your going to have to replace it again. My arms were cut up a little after doing this. Yes some blood. THey were red and scratch mostly for a few days. ITs tight but you can do it. Once you do it your a pro. Ive dont 4 differnt ta's now, everyone asks me to do it since i got it down to a science. Good luck

Good you can come change my fog light too, it just went out tonight lol
Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

I can change my Foglight bubs in less than 5 minutes...what is your problem.??? you may take off some skin, depending how big you arms are...but even my massive friend has done it a few times.....open hood...reach down and turn socket.....pull bulb out and replace with new one......less than 3 minutes,actually...
Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Yes...2 bolts actually...but easier from up top.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:01 PM

ok thanks. i was determined to replace then last night so i greased up my arm and got them out. thanks for the info anyway. no blood here just a few scratches. nothin i'm not used to.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
I can change my Foglight bubs in less than 5 minutes...what is your problem.??? you may take off some skin, depending how big you arms are...but even my massive friend has done it a few times.....open hood...reach down and turn socket.....pull bulb out and replace with new one......less than 3 minutes,actually...
3 mins!!! We should have a fog light shoot out. Im the master at getting these bitches out now.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chemicalstylez
Good you can come change my fog light too, it just went out tonight lol
On my way leave the keys in your car and Ill change the bulb when I get there. You dont need to wait up for me.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did this.

I was black 5 minutes ago...well my skins more of a caramel tone really..... but I'm pretty chalked up right now.

Side note: If you replace your headlights, Do BOTH of them. My T/A looks cross-eyed right now.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

All of you guys have it easier than I do... Since I relocated mine, I have to take off my front bumper to replace a bulb or do any work on them.. It sucks, hopefully the HIDs I just installed wont go out anytime soon.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is why i love my 96 TA. 3 plastic clips, 2 10 mm bolts and the foglight is out