Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Camaro Corners

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Camaro Corners

ok guys so i ordered some aftermarket headlamps and corners for my 02 camaro and i was able to pull out the headlamps and unscrew the corners with ease BUT I CANT SLIDE THEM OUT AT ALL, on my left side i just forced it out and like a half a centimeter of plastic broke off the corner light (i dont really care but i dont want to do it again) whats the trick to taking them out? i honestly spent an hour on trying to take them out i cant figure it out !! ( it was pretty dark we were outside using flashlights to take them out) help please!! (Yes i did use search and the links i found were 5 years old and had non functional pictures or links)
Old 04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure on how to take them out. I replaced mine when I took the front bumper off, very easy. Maybe you have to take it off? Not sure.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I broke my first one pulling it out, broke the second one, and then had to trim some of the styrafoam away to fit the new ones in without hurting them. Took me like 20 mins total.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had this problem also, I had to loosen the 2 screws that connect your front fender and your bumper. Then the corner light should come right out.

Hope that helps
Old 04-11-2008, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

i've done it w/o dropping the bumper, and with dropping the bumper. dropping the bumper makes it a BREEZE. you can do it w/o out dropping it though, takes a little "encouragement" to make the fender and bumper get out of the way though
Old 04-11-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

also are you trying to pull the bumper lights out the front of the bumper or reaching behind it with the headlights out?
Old 04-11-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've pulled it out a few times with the bumper on. The corners won't clear, so what I did was just force it out. If the styrofoam is still there, jam the corner against it and use some strength. You might end up breaking it taking out.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to pull it out from behind the headlight. After getting all of the screws out, pull up on the back and then pull towards the engine. Mine came out fairly easy, but it does feel like something is going to break when your pulling, just be gentle yet firm. The new ones should pop in easily. Atleast they did for me. If all else fails, just pull the bumper off. It would only be an extra 5min. The bumper is extremely easy to pull off.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that was a pain in the *** for me, so i put it on ramps and went underneath the front bumper