Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So i seafoamed my car today

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy So i seafoamed my car today

First of all, my car has near 54K miles... I have followed a brilliant write up on how to sea foam on this website. I was on the final step where i had to put a 1/2 a can of sea foam in my brake booster and spray some deep creep in my TB. Everything went good, car smoked a shitload blah blah... But the bad thing is my car lost performance significantly... before i did 0-60 runs in 5 secs flat... now i could swear it takes 6.5-7 secs, (by the time it reaches 50, before i would be in 70 mark already) even my brother noticed... WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

uh oh, i'm gonna seafoam mine soon. did you make completely sure you hooked everything up just like it was?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dutinsss
uh oh, i'm gonna seafoam mine soon. did you make completely sure you hooked everything up just like it was?
yeah, i hooked up the brake booster back and everything... i just parked it up and wont touch it for a week, just let it cool down or something...

Oh yeah, after i drove it hard my clutch was smelling like **** too... I guess its not my day today... and my TB also started knocking today again
Old 08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

so, let me get this right. You put seafoam in your brake booster? and your throttle body was knocking?

1st you weren't supposed to put seafoam in your brake booster. You were supposed to put it into the brake booster line, but leading to the engine and not into the booster.

2nd your throttle body is knocking? are you sure lmao
Old 08-05-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

he might have meant the brake booster line. and yea, whats up with the throttle body knocking?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
so, let me get this right. You put seafoam in your brake booster? and your throttle body was knocking?

1st you weren't supposed to put seafoam in your brake booster. You were supposed to put it into the brake booster line, but leading to the engine and not into the booster.

2nd your throttle body is knocking? are you sure lmao
brake booster line... yes i put it in there... i did follow instructions
and my car was knocking before, but with the A/c on... i've been told i would have to get a tune, cause its ported (thats why its supposedly knocking)

i am sure its tb, i can even post a video of my dyno where its knocking, when i looked at it while the car was knocking the TB was going insane
Old 08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is the vid of the dyno, it sounds like the engine is shattering... As was said before, when i looked at the tb while the car was knocking, it was all over the place...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGEvGFIjr7g
Old 08-05-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
brake booster line... yes i put it in there... i did follow instructions
and my car was knocking before, but with the A/c on... i've been told i would have to get a tune, cause its ported (thats why its supposedly knocking)

i am sure its tb, i can even post a video of my dyno where its knocking, when i looked at it while the car was knocking the TB was going insane
What's ported? and could you make a video of the throttle body knocking. I really want to see this since I've never seen it before.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

by the way in your very first post you said, "I was on the final step where i had to put a 1/2 a can of sea foam in my brake booster" <That sounds to me like you put seafoam in your brake booster. Is that what you were trying to say?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

why do people put that **** in there motors? it seems like the most stupid **** you can do?...think about it for what reason? to clean your motor, it will always be dirty to an extent. PLEASE oil belongs in your motor, dot 3 in your break system and trans fluid in your trans?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Come on now I have seafoamed everything I have ever owned even some 2 stoke engines, and yes it does help "clean" out the engine, On older engines I have even notice an impovement in how the engine overall runs, after the seafoam. To each their own though.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
by the way in your very first post you said, "I was on the final step where i had to put a 1/2 a can of sea foam in my brake booster" <That sounds to me like you put seafoam in your brake booster. Is that what you were trying to say?
brake booster line sir
Old 08-05-2008, 06:24 PM
11 Second Club

Ok as far as the noise goes, I really can't see how how the Throttle body could be causing that, but your right doesn't sound good at all. Are you sure nothing came unhooked near the TB or Intake?
Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seafoamed my car a couple months ago. gas mileage has sucked ever since. ever with replacing the plugs,fuel filter,clean tb,ls6 intake,. guess ill try the 02s next.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ttranssam
why do people put that **** in there motors? it seems like the most stupid **** you can do?...think about it for what reason? to clean your motor, it will always be dirty to an extent. PLEASE oil belongs in your motor, dot 3 in your break system and trans fluid in your trans?
Well for one thing,everyone I know swears by it. I sea foamed mine and it runs great.. No problems.. All that oil and lube gums stuff up after time. Seafoam just cleans it the way it was before,why wouldn't you? It doesn't hurt anything..
Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

it may have clogged your cats? ive heard of seafoam clogging peoples cats before.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by formulajunky98
Ok as far as the noise goes, I really can't see how how the Throttle body could be causing that, but your right doesn't sound good at all. Are you sure nothing came unhooked near the TB or Intake?
everything looks good, but the car runs like a boat
Old 08-05-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fbodyman1026
it may have clogged your cats? ive heard of seafoam clogging peoples cats before.
the cats are coming off this or next week anyway if i get time to install lts
Old 08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

+1 on cats. Can't really think of anything else.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

****, i feel like ****... LOL, i'll drive it tomorrow again probably and try it out

Quick Reply: So i seafoamed my car today