New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
Pm me your number and ill set it up for you. As far as me running you lol come get some.
I pm'ed you my #. What all mods do you have on your car? If we race, like what you told me to tell Chase, no spray, lol.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IZRED
I pm'ed you my #. What all mods do you have on your car? If we race, like what you told me to tell Chase, no spray, lol.
My car has a k&n filter, gutted cats, and a flowmaster 80. Now the biggest mod is pulling the 5.7 out and putting a 5.3 in its place lol. Still running the 5.7 tune and it has a miss other than that it is stock. I have no spray and ill call chase in a short.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
I don't think we ever talked about that to much. Sounds like something we could hash over if everyone is interested.

If this is going to be a street tire race, there is many tires that are considered DOT (street) tires. radials, etc. It wouldnt be fair for some people to show up with Sumis and others with Radials (ET STREET) which are legally street tires.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrobusa
If this is going to be a street tire race, there is many tires that are considered DOT (street) tires. radials, etc. It wouldnt be fair for some people to show up with Sumis and others with Radials (ET STREET) which are legally street tires.
man you missed it ... mike got beat all nite long
Old 05-16-2009, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

I agree, I know Mickey Thompson, Nitto, M&H, Hoosier, BF Goodrich and many other company's make a Drag Radial or street legal race tire. When we say street tire I would say no to street/strip tires on the rear. As for the front, alot of us drive our cars with 165/80R15's on them, I'm not so worried about what's up front as long as it is a street tire. Opinion's please
Old 05-16-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

my vote is bring your factory wheels. full weight rims front and back, 16s, 17s, whatever your car came with.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
my vote is bring your factory wheels. full weight rims front and back, 16s, 17s, whatever your car came with.
That's what I'll be doin. But it's not like i've got a choice either. haha

But at the price of 40 bucks, i might not run at all. I just hope that goes down a bit eventually.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Where did you hear $40 ? I have never seen a $40 TNT anywhere. I have seen $40 to run in your class at Bracket or Index races with a payback. Sure hope the track is not going $40 for TNT. I don't think many racers can go that route, $40 to TNT on Friday than $40 to race on saturday. I don't think that would work out very well.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

On the front tire issue my car came with 275/40 17 and I am willing to run them. The only thing I would like to point out is that a front tire that big tracks alot of water on the track and does not make alot of other racers very happy. That is one of the reasons many racers don't like to see imports running with their front wheel drives on the same day as rear wheel drives, because their rear wheels track alot of water down the track. You get 15 or more cars with wide front tires going down track and you are talking about water on the track. As I said I will run the stock size, but really don't like them on the track. Just my 2 cents on the front tires, think about it.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws602
man you missed it ... mike got beat all nite long
I heard he got dat *** spanked a few times. I was on the phone with Jerry when you was telling him you would give him 5 cars and he still wouldnt run. For him to be the "so called" KING OF THE STREET he should have at least gambled on that one.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
Where did you hear $40 ? I have never seen a $40 TNT anywhere. I have seen $40 to run in your class at Bracket or Index races with a payback. Sure hope the track is not going $40 for TNT. I don't think many racers can go that route, $40 to TNT on Friday than $40 to race on saturday. I don't think that would work out very well.
The $40 TNT is the word on the street. It has been asked many times on SHREVEPORTDRAGRACING.COM and they have ignored/avoided the question. I dont think it will work out to well neithor but we will have to see I guess...
Old 05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

I dont think wheels is the problem. The concern is the tires. How about we start a list and have everyone vote on what they think is fair for everyone. If this is going to be a 1 time thing, lets make it cheap so everyone doesnt have to spend alot of $$$$ to go do this one time. How about everyone think about it and post their opinions.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I dont think wheels is the problem. The concern is the tires. How about we start a list and have everyone vote on what they think is fair for everyone. If this is going to be a 1 time thing, lets make it cheap so everyone doesnt have to spend alot of $$$$ to go do this one time. How about everyone think about it and post their opinions.
^^^thats the whole point of your factory wheels. those would be considered drive there, race, drive home, drive to work monday. whatever you consider a good enough tire to stay on your factory rim. No slicks or skinnies or it isn't even a street tire shoot-out to me. Most "street" cars dont run around with skinnies although Chris and Josh D have both showed up at my house on them before, so Im not saying it cant be done. Factory rims pretty much evens the playing field.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

^^^thats the whole point of your factory wheels. those would be considered drive there, race, drive home, drive to work monday. whatever you consider a good enough tire to stay on your factory rim. No slicks or skinnies or it isn't even a street tire shoot-out to me. Most "street" cars dont run around with skinnies although Chris and Josh D have both showed up at my house on them before, so Im not saying it cant be done. Factory rims pretty much evens the playing field.
Add Chad D to that list. I dont even have another set of wheels besides my Welds and Summit stars. I drive on them everywhere I go. I agree with you about the slicks and drag radials. But I dont want to have to go buy new tires and wheels to race one time when i know my car isnt going to hook on them. Like I said before if we can come to some agreement about tires I will be in on the race. I can drive my car from anywhere on the front runners if need be.

Although most fast "street cars" around here do drive around on skinnies. If you dont believe me, go to CF one weekend and see what is out there.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

I haven't driven on anything but ET Streets and skinnies in a year or more. I've got some old GS-D3s on the stock wheels if that is the way the majority leans. I see a 12.5 with a 2.2 60 ft coming up.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Rockstar

The $40 TNT is the word on the street. It has been asked many times on SHREVEPORTDRAGRACING.COM and they have ignored/avoided the question. I dont think it will work out to well neithor but we will have to see I guess...
It's true. We got some promo fliers and info in the mail up here at the station.
$40 Solid. But that is UNLIMITED RUNS. Not like that would really matter if there alot of people up there.
They are also having other cash prize contests though.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
It's true. We got some promo fliers and info in the mail up here at the station.
$40 Solid. But that is UNLIMITED RUNS. Not like that would really matter if there alot of people up there.
They are also having other cash prize contests though.
If it is $40 to race then they might as well lock the gates back up and put it back up for sale. No way in hell im paying $40 to race!
Old 05-16-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

That 40 is just for TnT at the Outlaw race only from what I've been told.

I don't even own a set of factory tires and rims! I have driven mine on Welds for the last 7-8 years and I drove it like that every day rain or shine for 5 years just swapping the rears when I went to the track. I do have a spare set of rear Welds with some 295/50/15 Cooper street tire on them so I'm good with that if we vote to allow skinnies. We can probably scrounge up a set of skinnies for Steve to run on.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

I have the two 275/40R17 that came off my front on 10 spokes if someone would like to run them on their rear. One is a little cupped on the edge from throwing wheel weights.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by StreetStalkerZ
If it is $40 to race then they might as well lock the gates back up and put it back up for sale. No way in hell im paying $40 to race!
It wont be long and it will go under again. It was hard enouph to get people to go to the track at $20 for TNT. $40 is absurd!

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!