New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

welcome......There are some good guys here...Shreveport on the other hand is pretty much a **** hole place But, you get used to it.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
welcome......There are some good guys here...Shreveport on the other hand is pretty much a **** hole place But, you get used to it.
HAHAHAHA so true!!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome the newest business owner in town

Old 11-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Rockstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think yall can appreciate this.

So a friend drug me to an AA meeting the other day against my will and there was this real twitchy guy sittin next to me, really spazzin like he was jonesin hard, he got up and told everyone why he was stopping drinking, because he got too many tickets on the interstate, then he said that he got one going 120 racing a firebird the other day, "My Ford Focus is supposed to be fast, but that firebird tore my *** up". I couldn't help but laugh out loud in front of him, and the rest of the failed alcoholics.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ironically, a while back while on rotation, I sat through several AA meetings at Brentwood. I can say, it was very entertaining.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
3rd gen, s10, chevy truck
Ok, thanks nice to know. I was just thinking about doing some sort of swap in the future. Now if I get stuck on something I know who to ask for help, lol.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Tough Mudder

https://ls1tech.com/forums/southern-...-still-la.html
Old 11-15-2009, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

No one take their car to P. A. T. C. in Bossier for ANYTHING. I have never had anyone try to screw me over so badly in my life. They must have really taken me for an idiot when I came there. I went and got my car back before they did what I asked them to do, after they had it 2 days. Someone told me they would try to f^ck me after my car was already there, they were 100% right.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Rockstar

What happened man?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Before I started with the swap, I had a pretty bad trans leak. So bad I had parked the car for a while. I just figured I would change the seal before I put it back it since its on the floor in front of me anyway. Well when I bought the seal, it looked physically different than the old one, and it also came with a bushing. I had made a thread, asking if anyone had any experience with the type of seal that I had, and why it came with the bushing. Everyone said if it aint broke dont fix it. So I did that, just replaced the seal, take the car down the road, came back and put it up on some ramps and its spewing fluid out, BAD. From what I read the bushing I had needs to be pressed in, but see others have tapped it in with a large socket. Next day, I pull the rear housing on the trans. I removed the old bushing, came out easy, looked easy enough, so I attempt to install it. I even rtv'd slightly where the bushing meets the seal, and the metal housing of the seal itself, put everything back together, drive it, fluid is still pouring out the rear housing. Its like I didnt even do anything at all. The drive shaft was very difficult to get in the trans. Not only that, now I have a slight chaffing sound coming from the rear housing, its faint, but its the bushing and drive shaft no doubt. Sound only appeared after I installed the bushing. So, I figured I somehow warped the bushing installing it, its already a really tight fit around the yoke to start with, and any 'out of round' is gonna cause a problem. I dont have a press, so my only option is to take it somewhere and let them do it. I also want the entire car there, so they can see how difficult the shaft is to get in and out. Some would say, maybe its the yoke wore out causing the leak. It did this on my drive shaft, and its doing it on Josh D's shaft I borrowed, who had 0 problems with his leaking. And it doesnt matter anyway, I obviously damaged the bushing tapping it in anyway, so its gotta come out. I bring it to patc wed afternoon and tell the guy, I guess the owner "install new bushing and seal". Says its gonna be about $82, "as long as thats the only thing wrong with it." So, he calls me thursday morning and says "the bushing is fine, I think your trans is messed up, and you have the drive shaft installed incorrectly with the wrong u-joints.""I am gonna have to drive it to see if whats wrong." I said thats fine, cause once you drive it you can plainly hear the problem. Now, I have installed enough drive shafts to know the bastard only goes on one way, and that u-joint fit the pinion PERFECT. The shaft, and rear, are both BONE STOCK, both coming out of 6spd ls1 camaros. It was 1 ft. away from my face when I put it on. When I told them I had a NIB u-joint right here, he didnt want it. I needed a new one anyway, on my shaft to give Josh back his. I call back at 3:30 to get the status on my new bushing and seal. The mechanic is no where to be found, and I should call back in 1hr to speak to him. I do, and I get "oh he left for the day, call back tomorrow". By now, I am furious. I already dont like anyone working on the car except me and friends. It has now been up there 1.5 business days. Keep in mind when I dropped the car off I said, "install new bushing and seal." This is a 3 hr job with a lift MAX. They have done everything EXCEPT for what I asked them to do. I dont run a business, but if a customer asks me to do something, especially something as small as a seal, I would do it.. I would do it, and I wouldnt need to drive the car anywhere to do it. I go up there friday to get my car. Right off the bat the guy was a ******** cause I was there to get it. While we spoke, he graciously informed me that "your clutch is totally gone, it dropped to floor when we got in it this morning". I have had that clutch and master cylinder since 2007, and it has never, never ever once done that, and if it had I damn sure wouldnt have drove the car up there all the way from haughton. Now according to them, I evidently have the drive shaft installed incorrectly, which I dont think I could do if I wanted to, my trans is screwed up, and my clutch is gone. The car still lays rubber, and I can bang through gears as fast as I ever could, and the clutch doesnt slip one bit. All I asked for was a new bushing and seal, and they feel the need to drive my car around, and suggest parts I dont need. Sorry for this being so long, I guess I am just venting

Last edited by taws6m6; 11-15-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear about your problems, Richard at PATC built the tranny in my car and its bad to the bone, and has built several others for me in the past, i can honestly say that i have never had a problem with those guys and have always had good luck with PATC. Hope you get it lined out.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Rockstar

Holy hell man, sounds like they're trying to play the wrong person. And what makes them think that the driveshaft is (not that it's even possible) installed incorrectly!?!?
You should be kicking someone's *** over that.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 AM
TECH Resident

A buddy of mine spent about $2500 on a new trans from PATC and it lasted about 300 miles before it crapped out. When he took it back they fixed it and told him do not bring it back to their shop again because they wouldn't fix it again. needless to say, it died again after a few hundred miles. You will never catch me at PATC
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Chris the same thing happened to a buddy of mine, unfortunately he is no longer with us to back me up anyway. He went through several 4l60's. Maybe because I walked in there before work, wearing a suit and tie they thought I didnt know jack about my own car, and I would just say fix all of it. I will be pulling the housing and taking it somewhere else today
Old 11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear that Chris, but that definitely isn't their first bad business deal. The last one of theirs out of Chad's car is still in my garage because my old stock one was better than what he got from them. I got my new tune Friday, so stop by one day later this week and we'll run her around the block. I was too scared to try to limp her to work today so I'm in the Suburban, lol.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1hotls1
Sorry to hear that Chris, but that definitely isn't their first bad business deal. The last one of theirs out of Chad's car is still in my garage because my old stock one was better than what he got from them. I got my new tune Friday, so stop by one day later this week and we'll run her around the block. I was too scared to try to limp her to work today so I'm in the Suburban, lol.
he is exactly who I was referring to. but seriously, all I asked for was a bushing and seal, they concentrated on everything but that, guess that job was too small for them.I will definitely be stopping by.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Speaking of bad deals. Wheres the money you owe me Clint. You ripped me off and sold me a broke fast 90/90 and wont make good on your word.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Crooner, I've looked at every pic of that intake before it shipped and it was perfect. Whatever you or your buddies did to it is your problem. I'm about tired of hearing about it so if you want to ride over and settle it face to face, I'll send you my address. Otherwise, STFU. Every other sale or purchase I've been involved in has gone well and shows clearly that I don't make bad deals, everything you bought was in perfect operating condition when it left here. You stated that the box wasn't damaged so the only other way the intake could be broken was if it happened after you opened it.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Crooner, I've looked at every pic of that intake before it shipped and it was perfect. Whatever you or your buddies did to it is your problem. I'm about tired of hearing about it so if you want to ride over and settle it face to face, I'll send you my address. Otherwise, STFU. Every other sale or purchase I've been involved in has gone well and shows clearly that I don't make bad deals, everything you bought was in perfect operating condition when it left here. You stated that the box wasn't damaged so the only other way the intake could be broken was if it happened after you opened it.
Wow you finally decide to reply and not ignore me. I think you should go back and reread all your PMs you sent me if you would like I can post them for you. I had 4 people around me when I opened the box since it was sent to my work place.

Immediately out of the box someone saw the damage. I contacted you right at that time 2 minutes after the box was opened. Which can be confirmed from my cell phone bill and UPS signature delivery tracker. At that time you said you would make it right and we would file a UPS damage claim and start looking for a new upper half. Heck you even made a post WTB a upper Fast 90. Well, after you failed to insure the package properly and UPS only paid $100 for the damage which you still haven't paid me for either you disappeared.

You would not return my phone calls or PM's and ignored me. The last time we talked was when I called your work number anonymous and caught you off guard. You told me you would talk to your wife that night and get my refund to me. Guess you dont remember that either?

So, do I want to come settle it face to face. No fighting would solve nothing at all. I just want you to man up and make it right life you have told me many times you would do. I have given you a decent amount of time to make it right and I'm just voicing my experience with you.

The Pm's can be found here below between us.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...aka-clint.html
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

UPS never granted any credit, which I would've given to you just to be done with the deal. My wife pulled all of the pics which she took while before and after painting the intake and there was no crack anywhere. And no, after talking about this for weeks I wrote this deal off as a learning experience and will never sell high dollar parts on here again. AS for a post to buy an upper, I told you I'd help you find a deal if possible. Trying to help you was getting me nowhere so I washed my hands of it. You or your buddies dropping the intake is not my fault. You seem to only remember what you want to, but you told me there was no damage to the box and the intake was packed very well. My pics show it in perfect shape so where did the problem occur?????

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!