New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not looking to be the fastest, just want something quick and fun to drive. I want to be able to jump in it and ride whenever i want not a trailer queen or weekend toy.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAssBowties
Im not looking to be the fastest, just want something quick and fun to drive. I want to be able to jump in it and ride whenever i want not a trailer queen or weekend toy.
I agree with you on this one......
Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

So this must mean it will still have a heater and A/C like a true street driver does.

-Coleman
Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a stock 97 tahoe with a out of the box wynjammer. Should it would do a lot better with a set of flowing heads, nice blower cam, and better injectors. 96-99 Vortec 350s dont have injectors which limits the performance because of the poppets.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BTLBABY
So this must mean it will still have a heater and A/C like a true street driver does.

-Coleman
Yep, im not building a race car/truck. Ill just have a shorter belt for the weekends that bypasses the power steering pump and a/c compressor. Takes about 2 minutes to change a belt if that.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BTLBABY
That's funny, never knew blowers have lag. Hmm, learn something new everyday.

What kind of blower is it? Looks pretty small. Do you have a coke can or something to reference it to?

-Coleman

I think he means that it has a procharger appearance but "roots-style" orriented with no gears in the housing. (belt driven turbo) There is a fairly large double pulley set up that bolts to the alternator and the supercharger pulley is very tiny creating about a 6 to 1 ratio on a typical sbc application. Simple and cost effective way to boost your old school chevy.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, pretty cool idea.

-Coleman
Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I agree with you on this one......
If i wanted it to be real fast i would have bought a procharger or something in that range and spent several thousand on a new setup but considering colman has more money tied up in his wheel studs and lug nuts than i do in my brand new supercharger just gives me something to smile about. Ill drive mine to the track and run it then ill be almost home when hes done loading his on a trailer.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, im not building a race car/truck. Ill just have a shorter belt for the weekends that bypasses the power steering pump and a/c compressor. Takes about 2 minutes to change a belt if that.

I know that's rite! That's why I love having my A/C in my street/race car! Gets too damn hot around here not to have it.

-Coleman
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

If i wanted it to be real fast i would have bought a procharger or something in that range and spent several thousand on a new setup but considering colman has more money tied up in his wheel studs and lug nuts than i do in my brand new supercharger just gives me something to smile about. Ill drive mine to the track and run it then ill be almost home when hes done loading his on a trailer.
Never fails Shane, you can't stand to conversate without running your ******* mouth.

I like spending good money on my car. Don't hate because you can't.

-Coleman
Old 01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have a problem carrying on a conversation with anyone. You posted with the intention of putting me down like always because i dont have 15-20k to sink into my cars. Im not building the s10 to impress you or anyone else for that matter. Its what i want and can afford thats why its going together. You just think your better than everyone else because you sink a bunch of money into a car just to beat the guy next to you or to one up the guy before. You just go ahead and spend a bunch of money trying to be fast while i spend a little to enjoy myself. Back when i had my blue camaro you were a cool person to hang out with until you got around all your buddies that had tons of money in there cars then you didnt even know who i was. Kinda shitty huh? You just do your thing and ill do mine.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

I asked about the supercharger because I didn't recognize it, and was curious.

Your right, I tryed to be cool with you. Until you started acting like a little kid, running your mouth every chance you get.

I don't have buddies with a bunch of money, nor do I think I'm better than anyone. I do spend a lot of time and money on my car (just like a lot of people on here), that's why I don't go around beating on it just to beat on it.

-Coleman
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like i said, i build mine to enjoy and use it for its purpose. I dont build a mild motor just to put around town in. If that was my goal id just build a stock car/truck. As far as me acting like a kid and running my mouth what are you talking about. I had respect for you until the night we were all out at hyw1 and everyone was getting gas. I asked where yall were headed and then said i didnt have the gas to go and you and Chad started laughing and said "I dont think anyone here is worried about gas" and then yall just turned around like i was never even there. My feelings arnt hurt, just showed what kind of person you were.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Rockstar

This thread looks like someone let a woman take the wheel and make a few bad left turns.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Launching!

Sooooo. Who knows a decent engine builder in the area. I've heard a lot about the place in dixie inn, and I know of kittlers and ellis but who would be best to help me plan an lt1 build?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by optikalilution
Sooooo. Who knows a decent engine builder in the area. I've heard a lot about the place in dixie inn, and I know of kittlers and ellis but who would be best to help me plan an lt1 build?
Its easy! just do it yourself and save money. Many people here can help you. As far as planning goes, you will not get any better advice around town than you will get on this site!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by 1eyedmaro
Its easy! just do it yourself and save money. Many people here can help you. As far as planning goes, you will not get any better advice around town than you will get on this site!
Smartest thing I've heard all day.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Launching!

I'm gonna do the parts install, but I'm wanting to do a 4 bolt conersion and magnaflux. I need to find a competent machine shop. This is for your block 1eye. I'm gonna call you tmrw on that
Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Tough Mudder

I like Kittlers.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!