New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

shreveport/bossier hang out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012 | 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cody No *****. I'll let Hilton explain that one.
Old 01-08-2012 | 06:18 PM
Tough Mudder

Hahaha.

His car was bone stock at the time, thus it had, "no *****"

He has since graduated to "Cody Ray"

"Ray" may or may not actually be his middle name. I like it though. Has a good ring.
Old 01-08-2012 | 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

People with real cars are coming out and doing stuff and hanging out. 1st time since I've been here its fun. Sucks sitting home on weekends. Facebook lsx monsters is much more fun then this. Got like 4-10 people in here that post up. lol kind of gotten old and Boaring in here now. lol my go pro hd got some crazy work this weekend.
Old 01-08-2012 | 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

I'm still on both boards myself.
Old 01-08-2012 | 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by taws6m6
I am one of the few OG's still posting on this thread. Chris A hardly ever even posts on here anymore, kinda wonder what hes been up to. Me, Steve, Josh R, hell i think thats about it still here from day one. Johnny and Chad D have been here a while tho. Josh D fell off the face of the earth. And wayne hasnt said anything in yrs probably
I'm still here and even though I only post up every now and then I do check in every day or two just to keep up with you guys. Some of you know my dad, and know we have always raced, hunted and fished together. If you seen me at the track, he was there too. He had a serious health issue and as soon as I get him beat back into shape we will be back out there. All of our LS stuff has just been sitting needing to be put back together for months. Both cars are not far from being ready to go again. The facebook thing is out for me also. I have a wife and two daughters and Facebook causes too much drama around my house
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

ill still get on both, but im not on here as much noe. lol You can make facebook just like this for those that dont like it. All you do is only approve friends ya want and turn off notifications

Last edited by SIC LSX; 01-08-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
People with real cars are coming out and doing stuff and hanging out. 1st time since I've been here its fun. Sucks sitting home on weekends. Facebook lsx monsters is much more fun then this. Got like 4-10 people in here that post up. lol kind of gotten old and Boaring in here now. lol my go pro hd got some crazy work this weekend.
I can understand your opinion and also predict it ahead of time as well. No biggie to me, people are just different. I got three kids at home man, that day of running the roads is long gone. And ya know, it's all good. Anyone who goes from being single or having a girlfriend to having a wife and multiple kids is gonna go through some priority changes in their life. I don't hold where you are in life against anyone. Hell I've been working on and off for a year and a half on the current project that's sitting in my garage because of budget issues for the owner. As far as "doing stuff", I pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe these cars daily....without exception. Ask anyone that knows me well and they will tell you of all the LSX parts I buy weekly and/or tools to work on these cars with. And, I wrench just about every chance I get on something, but mostly LS related. Some of the more seemingly boring LS guys around here are the ones who are turning wrenches the most and have the most knowledge built on experience. They have earned my respect through their dedication to these cars and this hobby. So, I don't really consider them boring. I've met some of my best friends on this thread, so it will always get my love. If you think though that only the guys coming to hang out all the time are the only ones with real cars or a real passion for these cars, you're mistaken. I told TA Chris just earlier tonight I'd setup his 9 inch for him for free if it would save him some money, I was drilling Todd at the track about tuning questions because I been busting *** to learn how to tune because I promised Johnny I'd tune his car for him, and told Josh R just the other day he could come over and we'd drop his tranny if he needed to.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 01-08-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Steve, I just have a beat up s10 so I don't get any respect from you because I don't have one of "these cars"? Lol Oh and I'm here everyday waiting to see someone post.
Old 01-08-2012 | 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shane I give you love because you are out building **** and getting dirty. That's always A-OK with me
Old 01-08-2012 | 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

71 nova is the new project. Got it for my stepson for Christmas. Going to build it for his first car to drive to school. 5.3/4l60 stock with a go fast paint job. Lol
Old 01-08-2012 | 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

I knew you'd be working on something new soon. This is the longest I can ever remember of you not showing some new car/project you just bought
Old 01-09-2012 | 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I can understand your opinion and also predict it ahead of time as well. No biggie to me, people are just different. I got three kids at home man, that day of running the roads is long gone. And ya know, it's all good. Anyone who goes from being single or having a girlfriend to having a wife and multiple kids is gonna go through some priority changes in their life. I don't hold where you are in life against anyone. Hell I've been working on and off for a year and a half on the current project that's sitting in my garage because of budget issues for the owner. As far as "doing stuff", I pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe these cars daily....without exception. Ask anyone that knows me well and they will tell you of all the LSX parts I buy weekly and/or tools to work on these cars with. And, I wrench just about every chance I get on something, but mostly LS related. Some of the more seemingly boring LS guys around here are the ones who are turning wrenches the most and have the most knowledge built on experience. They have earned my respect through their dedication to these cars and this hobby. So, I don't really consider them boring. I've met some of my best friends on this thread, so it will always get my love. If you think though that only the guys coming to hang out all the time are the only ones with real cars or a real passion for these cars, you're mistaken. I told TA Chris just earlier tonight I'd setup his 9 inch for him for free if it would save him some money, I was drilling Todd at the track about tuning questions because I been busting *** to learn how to tune because I promised Johnny I'd tune his car for him, and told Josh R just the other day he could come over and we'd drop his tranny if he needed to.
Hammer, meet nail! I really couldn't have said it better myself.

I've had the worst time trying to find a time to meet to let you borrow these books for tuning. If you want, I can leave them at my dad's shop that is very close to Hilton's old house and you can swing by and pick them up whenever you have time. I'm certain they will help.
Old 01-09-2012 | 07:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
As far as "doing stuff", I pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe these cars daily....without exception. Some of the more seemingly boring LS guys around here are the ones who are turning wrenches the most and have the most knowledge built on experience.
I especially like these two sentences.
Old 01-09-2012 | 09:34 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry... we didnt know LSX Monsters would grow like it did. At first it was just me and Bud, Cody G(Cold), Cody A., and a handful of others who know who they are. It was never meant to compete with anything on tech. I have been reading this thread for 3-4 years. I used to read just to see what the locals like Blue98Z were up to on the sneak.

If it isnt your thing that is fine with me, but so far there have been some REALLY good deals come through LSX Monsters and I'm sure thee are several on here that will attest to that. I still get on here to check and see whats going on, but LSX Monsters is extremely active. It has turned into a local version of this. I blame the members. Thank you all.
Old 01-09-2012 | 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Put the Tick master in over the weekend. Went out saturday and put some fresh gas in the ol girl since she's pretty much been sitting since november and then went and rowed some gears. I must say, it was nice to rip the gears again or just drive it like normal. Definitely worth the money, but it still hurt the ol wallet lol.
Old 01-09-2012 | 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Hoping the weather will be nice for the 15th. Would like to make a few passes if the ol 10 bolt will hang in there. A 9" will be back under it before long with a good DS, so I can go play whenever I want and as hard as I want...............well, as hard as the nittos will let me haha.
Old 01-09-2012 | 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blue98Z
Hoping the weather will be nice for the 15th. Would like to make a few passes if the ol 10 bolt will hang in there. A 9" will be back under it before long with a good DS, so I can go play whenever I want and as hard as I want...............well, as hard as the nittos will let me haha.
Not very....
Old 01-10-2012 | 12:23 AM
Teching In

Anybody needing a full a/c setup Drier,exp valve compressor, brackets and all hard lines for a 4th gen let me know Ive got it all including a bnib drier and expansion valve ill make you a good deal on it. Ive also got a automatic shifter setup with cable and a rebuild able 4l60e as well.
Old 01-10-2012 | 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Did my 40 hours in 2 1/2 days, then worked in the garage for 12 hours when I got off. Been up for 35 hours. Yikes.........But there is soon to be one more LS powered car roaming the streets. One of these days I will fix mine.
Old 01-10-2012 | 03:26 AM
Rockstar

It's gonna be creeping up on them like a bad mullet too.

Quick Reply: shreveport/bossier hang out!