Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C16 and a 200 shot....TIMING?????LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 03:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert56
Wow, i want to follow along? You guys doing any threads anywhere that we can follow along? I think he did very good with the current set-up and his time holds the second fastest dry LSx on the planet. Yea, I really think the dry tech has a grand future.
To be honest we had a down year last year, the car had a 8.6x for sure but it fought us all year long. We changed EVERYTHING from the year before so we had alot of bugs to work out.
I dont like to try and make ET predictions but I have a good feeling about next year.

Take another 200lbs out
add 50+cfm of head and intake flow.
lastly another bullet in the chamber.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKHAWK1
I never said I run pump gas? you think my tune isn't correct but as you stated that you don't know my total timing and obviously don't know what fuel I'm running nor does anyone else, but everyone jumps the gun and starts saying im gonna blow it up. lol you don't think I've got a pile of broken parts of what not to do? anyone who dares to go faster than the next guy has a pile of broken parts
OK, if your making it work that's cool, but you have to also see that guys reading along will read into it just like I did and think they can do the same on there stock blocks. that's why I sometimes seem to be preaching the choir, just trying to cover bases so new guys will get the correct info. I love pushing it to the limit, no doubt, but try to make sure others see the risk and are prepared if they wish to follow along. It's all good.

Originally Posted by ATVracr
To be honest we had a down year last year, the car had a 8.6x for sure but it fought us all year long. We changed EVERYTHING from the year before so we had alot of bugs to work out.
I dont like to try and make ET predictions but I have a good feeling about next year.

Take another 200lbs out
add 50+cfm of head and intake flow.
lastly another bullet in the chamber.
Yea, I had a down year also, but will be back next year hitting it hard. Myself, I like to make claims, then I have something to shoot for. My immediate goal is to get my junk into the 9's with stock Vette running gear.
Robert
Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 g8 gt
makes 426 rwhp on motor and 588 rwhp on 200 shot

I run 93 in the tank and c16 in my stand alone I run br7efs gapped at .030

I pull 5 degrees of timing on the c16. I run consistent mid tens
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gardnertroy
I have a 2009 g8 gt
makes 426 rwhp on motor and 588 rwhp on 200 shot

I run 93 in the tank and c16 in my stand alone I run br7efs gapped at .030

I pull 5 degrees of timing on the c16. I run consistent mid tens
Congrats on popping your rookie cherry!!!!

You just replied to a 4 year and 8 month old thread.

You must of went in the archives for this one.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
Dot not listen to this guy!

Pull 6 degrees on the 200 to start. the c16 in the tank is only adding 200 hp worth of fuel to the mix. if his motor makes 400 its a 33% mix. You still need to pull the correct timing. also put some tr9's in there for the first few runs and get a good reading on them. get your timing mark just off the tip and the fuel line down the bottom of the procelin. then go 1 step warmer on the plug and take out 1 degree of timming from your final numebr where the timming mark was correct. and get the fuel /timming back to the right spot. compair mph with the 2 finished tunes and if there the same go with the colder plug tune.
^^Word.

Remember, it's your engine and money. The guy on the internet forum isn't going to help you out when you burn up some pistons.

TR6 is too hot. I'd go two steps colder on the plug(NGK V-Power would be an 8). Also, get the non-projected tip. Notice on the TR6 how the porcelin sticks out a good bit passed the threads? You don't want that with a decent nitrous shot on the car.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

(Didn't realize someone bumped a 5 year-old thread)

Quick Reply: C16 and a 200 shot....TIMING?????LOOK