Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 manifold ok....or should i go with weiand

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ls6 manifold ok....or should i go with weiand

Im planning on hooking up this nitrous kit. I want to eliminate as many potential problems as possible. Someone told me that its dangerous to spray into a manifold made of composite material. So my question is.....Im planning on using the throttle body plate kit in which there is spray coming from 360* to balance the flow...

Do I need to ditch the ls6 intake manifold and get a weiand or similar style because its thicker material? can someone please explain ...sorry Im a little new to all this.

I plan on spraying a 50-75-100 shot MAX. No more.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will be perfectly fine with the LS6 manifold. In the event of a backfire there is a possibility of blowing a hole through a composite intake, which on rare occassions has dislodged the fuel rail. If you are going to upgrade manifolds go with a FAST 92. If you are concerned about a backfire then i would run an single plain with an intake elbow.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would run an single plain with an intake elbow
not sure what you mean there....can you clarify.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

what do you think dry or wet....

My intentions are longevity, durability, and a small addition in power. I probably will not spray anything more that a 50 shot.

I was thinkg about going with one of HSW's plate kits - 78mm.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

you could run a 50 shot, but i just about guarantee you will be bumping it up. Either Dry or Wet will be fine. If your car is tuned you may want to purchase a device that will pull timing for you when the kit is activited. Our dry plate with the interface would be nice because you will then be able to pull timing if you ever go bigger. Sorry, i meant single plane, like the vic junior. for a mostly stock motor i really wouldnt worry about it. You will be fine with the LS6 intake. If you do upgrade, like i said, go with a FAST 92.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks mike for taking the time.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

If you are concerned about a backfire then i would run an single plain with an intake elbow.
looks like has a mild bolt on car...that intake would kill it.........if you aree concerned about backfires go with the wieand,i ran one for 2 years the car always made damn good power.....but imo i think you will be fine with what you have.....just use a window switch and all the other safety devices......and try not to spray while in a bog or real low rpms....jmo.....
Old 02-27-2009, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

what do you think dry or wet....
lol i thought you akready had a kit....haha thats what i get for skipping a post....the dry kits are easier to setup and less chance of a backfire.....for your goals go dry.....
Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
looks like has a mild bolt on car...that intake would kill it.........if you aree concerned about backfires go with the wieand,i ran one for 2 years the car always made damn good power.....but imo i think you will be fine with what you have.....just use a window switch and all the other safety devices......and try not to spray while in a bog or real low rpms....jmo.....
It wouldnt lose too much on the spray. NA, yes it would drop some torque and hp as well. I usually don't care about NA and more about how its going to act on the bottle. The weiand isnt a bad manifold, i just dont honestly like it much and wouldn't suggest over any composite intake. I am sure we can all agree, stick with the ls6