Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to play with some spray

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the Nitrous Outlet version of the 90mm Plate Kit with a 10lb bottle. It comes with solenoids good to 400hp though we usually recommend a direct port for 300+ hp shots.
Racetronix offers a replacement intank pump specifically for the 98 F-Body cars.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha damn, all of the local guys are coming on this thread, we definitely all need to get together sometime in a central location, I am right by 88, I see yak is from St. Charles, another from Carol Stream.

I am going to hit my car with some spray also soon, probably just going 100 shot since its the stock block and probably a dedicated fuel system as well, just to be safe.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS1982
Haha damn, all of the local guys are coming on this thread, we definitely all need to get together sometime in a central location, I am right by 88, I see yak is from St. Charles, another from Carol Stream.

I am going to hit my car with some spray also soon, probably just going 100 shot since its the stock block and probably a dedicated fuel system as well, just to be safe.
stock block and heads here with only a cam looking to spray 150+ it will be fine
Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
stock block and heads here with only a cam looking to spray 150+ it will be fine
Don't tempt me

The car should put 450 + ish N/A when I get it back and I think 150 might be pushing that 600rwhp threshold just a lil close
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Don't tempt me

The car should put 450 + ish N/A when I get it back and I think 150 might be pushing that 600rwhp threshold just a lil close
LOL when do you get the car back?????
Old 06-15-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL when do you get the car back?????
Well the car is up at Dean's Performance in St. Charles right now, guy does amazing work, I would have given the install a shot myself but my garage at my apt is just big enough to get in and get one door open enough to get out....nothing like the shop I had back in Iowa lol. He said he needs it for about a week to get the h/c/intake + bolt ons on and then Livernois Motorsports is coming to pick the car up on the 24th or so take it up there, tune it, bring it back to me. So hopefully by the weekend of the 4th I will have my car back. Then gotta start saving a little bit for the 9" rear, some suspension, and spray. Looks like we are close in age too, I am 26, so I am getting up there but not ready to put down my toys yet lol. I have seen cars w/my combo put down 470ish at the wheels but that is through a 10 bolt though.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

well have to run when you get it back
Old 06-15-2009, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

well have to run when you get it back
Sounds like a plan I am always down for that, you will most likely eat me up on just a pair of Nittos and stock everything else lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

we will do it from a roll
Old 06-15-2009, 03:01 PM
FormerVendor

Thanx for the input guys i am really looking to go with a 90mm plate kit. who makes a nice clean 90mm plate kit and what is the pump of choice. i have the hot wire kit in the car right know
We do. Take a look at our 90mm F-Body system. As for the pump, I would look into the racetronix system with hotwire kit.

Nick
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the car is up at Dean's Performance in St. Charles right now, guy does amazing work, I would have given the install a shot myself but my garage at my apt is just big enough to get in and get one door open enough to get out....nothing like the shop I had back in Iowa lol. He said he needs it for about a week to get the h/c/intake + bolt ons on and then Livernois Motorsports is coming to pick the car up on the 24th or so take it up there, tune it, bring it back to me. So hopefully by the weekend of the 4th I will have my car back. Then gotta start saving a little bit for the 9" rear, some suspension, and spray. Looks like we are close in age too, I am 26, so I am getting up there but not ready to put down my toys yet lol. I have seen cars w/my combo put down 470ish at the wheels but that is through a 10 bolt though.
26 yrs old? Hell I'm a little more than twice that and will never give up the go fast stuff.
Sorry I didn't have more time to walk around and meet some of you on Sun. at Byron. Was a little busy, and then had a small problem and had to call a flatbed for the trip home.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
26 yrs old? Hell I'm a little more than twice that and will never give up the go fast stuff.
Sorry I didn't have more time to walk around and meet some of you on Sun. at Byron. Was a little busy, and then had a small problem and had to call a flatbed for the trip home.
Really i talked to you about your pass i think you ran a 12.2 i had the gray shirt on. Sorry to hear you had to get towed home what went wrong??? And nice to meet you daughter

Rob
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bahahahahahahahahaha thats you're white SS there, I was just there on sat night picking up a 8.8 for my buddies cobra and was like I wonder who's ss that is there. PS you both have a lane at byron against me
Old 06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by yak
Bahahahahahahahahaha thats you're white SS there, I was just there on sat night picking up a 8.8 for my buddies cobra and was like I wonder who's ss that is there. PS you both have a lane at byron against me
Once my kit is in the car ...... Oh the hell with it i will do it as is your on
Old 06-16-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Really i talked to you about your pass i think you ran a 12.2 i had the gray shirt on. Sorry to hear you had to get towed home what went wrong??? And nice to meet you daughter

Rob
Yeah, most remember my daughter and not me. LOL Ran a 10.99 the next run on nitrous after that 12.20 motor pass (heard the DA was 3000). The run after that I lowered the on point for the nitrous, spun on the crappy track prep, and ran a 11.40. Went to slow down and it seemed a little harder then usual. Hit the return road and the motor won't idle down from 3k. Shut the nitrous switches off, closed the bottle down and purged it, and still no good. Grabbed the timeslip at about 10 mph, yelled sorry to the girl as I did so, shes yells back no problem. LOL I get close to the pits, shut it off and coast in. Checked what I could with no tools with me, thottle blades, re-set computer, etc.
Wound up with having to call a flatbed and paying $280 with a tip for the ride home. A little pricey, and the driver did say he was sorry, but he was using another guys truck and had to use that guys rates.
I still don't know whats wrong. Maybe it lost a intake manifold gasket and is getting extra air that way? If anyone has any thoughts on it, let me know.
The funny part about the whole deal is, when my daughter talked to the wife she mentioned the car was on it's way home on the flatbed. We get home, I walk inside, and the wife asked, why do I hear a backup horn and she flashing lights outside? Guess she didn't believe the daughter when she said "flatbed". I always tell her my luck isn't always going to hold up when I'm leaving, and that one day it's going to have to have a ride home.
Sorry for the long story, but you asked. Rick
Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by yak
Haha yeah thats my SS there, it looks kinda lonely sitting there amongst the field of 03-04 Cobras thats for sure.....I am always down for a lane

Can't wait until the car is done thats for sure....drivin around in the 02 grand prix just doesnt cut it.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

add another one to the group of locals
Old 06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z-RATED94
Yeah, most remember my daughter and not me. LOL Ran a 10.99 the next run on nitrous after that 12.20 motor pass (heard the DA was 3000). The run after that I lowered the on point for the nitrous, spun on the crappy track prep, and ran a 11.40. Went to slow down and it seemed a little harder then usual. Hit the return road and the motor won't idle down from 3k. Shut the nitrous switches off, closed the bottle down and purged it, and still no good. Grabbed the timeslip at about 10 mph, yelled sorry to the girl as I did so, shes yells back no problem. LOL I get close to the pits, shut it off and coast in. Checked what I could with no tools with me, thottle blades, re-set computer, etc.
Wound up with having to call a flatbed and paying $280 with a tip for the ride home. A little pricey, and the driver did say he was sorry, but he was using another guys truck and had to use that guys rates.
I still don't know whats wrong. Maybe it lost a intake manifold gasket and is getting extra air that way? If anyone has any thoughts on it, let me know.
The funny part about the whole deal is, when my daughter talked to the wife she mentioned the car was on it's way home on the flatbed. We get home, I walk inside, and the wife asked, why do I hear a backup horn and she flashing lights outside? Guess she didn't believe the daughter when she said "flatbed". I always tell her my luck isn't always going to hold up when I'm leaving, and that one day it's going to have to have a ride home.
Sorry for the long story, but you asked. Rick
So she is stuck idleing high. Let me know what you find or if you need any help at all
Old 06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrs1313
i know we are strating to really add up.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by chrs1313

Where from?