Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hsw micro edge controller?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hsw micro edge controller?

i am getting a harris speed works microegde progressive controller for my 06 GTO, its free so i am not turning it down. now i see it has a multiple gear lockout, how does that work? and does it work with a manual trans?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:28 PM
11 Second Club

Yes it will work with a manual. Basically it monitors your RPMs, you set windows for it.

RPM Max 6500
shift drop of 500

Once the edge sees 6500 then sees a drop of 500 RPMs it will register it as a gear change. Thats just example btw
Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yep its not as literal as it sounds.....you dont actually lock out say 3rd gear. if you lock out first it wont spray the initial WOT, but when you hit second and the RPMS drop it will then spray. It will do this if you spray in 2nd to third as well but first gear is the one locked out. Hope i didnt confuse you.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Teching In

you kind of did, let me see if i got this right. i can make it so it doesnt spray in first but it will start to spray in second.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

correct. First off, what is your shift light set at? Set the shift rpm in the edge a litle below that. When you shift,how many rpms do you drop? Set that into the drop rpm. Then select what gears you want to spray in.

GO out and go wot in 1st then shift at the light, go wot again and it should spray if you only have first locked out.

Seriously once you start using all the little features of it the edge really is great! I can't say it' the "greatest" because i haven't used anything else lol
Old 07-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Launching!

I use it on my M6. You can set File 1 to engage it in second gear at a set RPM, from a stop. Set it Gr 1 and lock out first gear. It will not spray in first use the rpm drop # to "see" the shift and engage at WOT at whatever RPM you set it. You can use File 2 to set it to engage from a roll by setting it to Gr 2. This will engage kit the first time you reach WOT and the set engagment RPM in second gear. Hope that makes sense.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by armyGTO
you kind of did, let me see if i got this right. i can make it so it doesnt spray in first but it will start to spray in second.
sorry for the confusion, yes you are correct^^^^

to clarify if possible, if you set it to lock out 1st.............if your in 2nd gear and go WOT its gonna think your in 1st gear so it wont spray until you go to 3rd.

many save two files, one for a dig, and one for a roll.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:01 AM
Launching!

Sorry for confusion. If you lock out first gear and set it for first gear launch then it wont engage until 2nd after it sees the shift by the drop RPM. If set to engae from roll in second then I arm after shifting to second and after reaching set rpm it sprays. hope that helps????
Old 07-12-2010, 08:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by armyGTO
i am getting a harris speed works microegde progressive controller for my 06 GTO, its free so i am not turning it down. now i see it has a multiple gear lockout, how does that work? and does it work with a manual trans?
Everyone else did a pretty good job of explaining it. If you still have questions just ask.

Nick

Quick Reply: hsw micro edge controller?