Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dry setup

Anyone have a fbody with a dry nitrous setup that can post pics of their setup?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

I have a dry set up on my car, but everything is so clean, you cannot see anything. Is there something your looking specific your looking for?
Old 08-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Where the bottle is mounted, how you ran the line were the nozzle is I'm just tryin to find the best way to run the system
Old 08-02-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

My bottle is mounted in the spare tire compartment. I mounted my brackets to a 1/2 in piece of oak to where it sits perfectly. then I ran my lines in the car, which alot run them underneath the car. And for my nozzle, its mounted right up against the radiator. Its so clean, a lot of people have a hard time seeing it. I ran a wot switch, but its in the car under the pedal.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

What kinda maf are you spray through?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

I did have an slp 85mm, I took it off and went SD
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

SD? what's that?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Speed Density. Its a tune that eliminates the maf all together. Instead of relying on the maf to control the fuel, it rely's off the tps. But either way, you can spray thru the stock maf.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my system. I strongly recommend spraying downstream from the MAF. My single nozzle is mounted in the bellows with epoxy - JB Weld works best. Pull timing using the IAT trick.
Attached Thumbnails Dry setup-dry-nitrous-installation.jpg   Dry setup-relays-solenoids.jpg   Dry setup-wot-switch.jpg   Dry setup-nozzle-1.jpg   Dry setup-nozzle-2.jpg  

Old 08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

the best way to spray dry imo is with a controller such as the harris speedworks dry plate with interface. Spraying thru the maf is old technology, not sayin it don't work tho... I would take pics and show u the kit, but its not fully installed yet. Im mounting my bottle in the trunk area where the t-tops go. there is a rubber plug under the carpet there that makes it easy for running the nitrous feed line....
Old 08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gary Z
Here's my system. I strongly recommend spraying downstream from the MAF. My single nozzle is mounted in the bellows with epoxy - JB Weld works best. Pull timing using the IAT trick.
So if you spray a dry shot it doesn't need to be placed before the MAF? I thought the purpose of spraying into the maf with a dry shot is so the computer will supply more fuel... Without spraying the nitrous into the maf how does the computer know to supply more fuel?

Besides that the setup looks exactly like what I want to do. I was planning on spraying a 100 shot on stock tune, with a degree colder plug and just doing the IAT trick. Is there anyway you can take a picture of the IAT and explain to me what you did there? It would help me out ALOT !!!

Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'm goin to spray through the maf if I was adding a big shot I would get something better but for a 75 shot it's not worth it to me
Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998flamedCamaro
Without spraying the nitrous into the maf how does the computer know to supply more fuel?
Here is a part of an IAT-trick writeup I've been meaning to finish someday: The IAT trick reduces spark advance and adds fuel during nitrous oxide injection. The LS1 ECM includes tables that modify spark advance and fuel enrichment in response to changes in intake air temperature. We take advantage of the fact that the range of these tables extends beyond normal operating temperatures so that parts of the tables are normally unused. You need to modify the IAT tables in these normally unused areas to reduce timing and add fuel as needed during nitrous injection. When nitrous is activated, a relay in the IAT sensor circuit, forces the ECM to read a false temperature that falls in the modified areas of the IAT tables. Normally, intake air temperature is measured by a thermistor in the mass airflow sensor (MAF). When nitrous oxide is activated, the timing-tricker relay switches a fixed 300 ohm resistor into the IAT circuit in place of the thermistor. This forces the ECM to read a temperature of approximately 85 degrees Centigrade. The modified table areas then take over. I hope this helps.
-Gary

Quick Reply: Dry setup