Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is A1000 regulator "gauge port" acceptable fuel source for solenoid? (Picture inside)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is A1000 regulator "gauge port" acceptable fuel source for solenoid? (Picture inside)

As you can see, my A1000 regulator is right up front and could be an easy source for fuel to my solenoid. Is there any issue running a "T" at the regulator, and using it for both a gauge port and for a fuel source?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

I have not ever ran it that way, But it should technically work.

I would NOT however do that without checking flowing fuel pressure with volume. Not just pressure but volume as well. Can you tell if the port is beveled down to small orifice?

Graham @ N20
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

From what I can tell the port is fully open into the chamber inside, the return port however is a much smaller hole.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by dville_gt
From what I can tell the port is fully open into the chamber inside, the return port however is a much smaller hole.
Flow it and double check. Asking for problems if do not. If it holds the pressure with enough volume to handle the nitrous enrichment you are ready to rock.

Graham @ N20
Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by graham@nitrousoutlet
Flow it and double check. Asking for problems if do not. If it holds the pressure with enough volume to handle the nitrous enrichment you are ready to rock.

Graham @ N20
What would be the easiest way to "flow it"
Old 03-31-2011, 04:01 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you flow test it maybe. I would not do that though, regulators fluctuate and your fuel source needs to be stable, always.

Just get a 3an spacer for the rail between the gauge and rail, with a 1/8 (or w/e size you want as a feed to your noid) and do that. Problem solved.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

It worked for me running up to a 200 shot through Dave's plate, but I recently switched to a dedicated just to be safe.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde
It worked for me running up to a 200 shot through Dave's plate, but I recently switched to a dedicated just to be safe.
Send me some pictures of your setup. I've seen it run in videos. John (Redsled) and kyle (formulated) both said it rolls out.

Thank you for passing the tech on as well.

Quick Reply: Is A1000 regulator "gauge port" acceptable fuel source for solenoid? (Picture inside)