Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New NOS NOSzle LS1 kit???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New NOS NOSzle LS1 kit???

I remember reading some bad reviews on the Universal NOSzle kits but I haven`t heard anything on the "new" LS1 kit.(P/N 08301NOS) What`s the skinny? Does it have the same draw backs the universal kit has? Fill me in!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:43 PM
8 Second Club

I made 638 rwhp on this kit with a stand alone fuel system. Stock bottom end.

I will be using it on a bigger motor with a much bigger shot in the coming months.

If you take your time setting it up, you will get good results. There are a lot of success stories on this board with this kit.

ChicagoZ06 has had good results too. ESP went 8.93 with this kit at 150+
Old 02-24-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you think I could run this kit on the 100hp jets on a `02 H/C car with a stock fuel system? What`s this kit go for price wise on average? Thanks for the reply by the way.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:37 PM
8 Second Club

No problem. However, if you are going to run this kit on a 100 shot, its not worth buying really. Why not just use a TNT or an NX setup? If you aren't going with a huge shot, I don't see where you would really need this kit.

Regardless of what kit you use, you should really upgrade your fuel pump.

Pricing is like 1300 bucks I think these days.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Hey can I buy what is needed from someone from front end only. I currently have the NX Gemini Twin MAF kit and I would love to be able to up the shot.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=FastBlackTA]No problem. However, if you are going to run this kit on a 100 shot, its not worth buying really. Why not just use a TNT or an NX setup? If you aren't going with a huge shot, I don't see where you would really need this kit.

Well, I like the Direct port/nozzel kits because they don`t introduce fuel into the intake itself but rather directly into the cylinders.(I`m weird about the whole "fuel in the intake thing", don`t ask why) As far as only spraying a 100hp shot, well like with everything else, it would get "upped" down the road once the money was available to upgrade fuel system, etc.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Went from the NX MAF kit at 150 shot to the NoSSle kit at 175 shot and stand alone fuel system. The differentce was HUGE. Smoked the RAM Iron clutch in 3rd gear at 3k rpm. You need to talk to Ken@ Eastside Performance. He will give you great advice and good pricing on the kit. I wouldnt reccomend any other kit for a bigger shot on an LS1. Motor is currently getting forgen internals, heads, and a little more compression for run the kit up to a bigger shot 250-300 or so.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=02 Silver Z]
Originally Posted by FastBlackTA
No problem. However, if you are going to run this kit on a 100 shot, its not worth buying really. Why not just use a TNT or an NX setup? If you aren't going with a huge shot, I don't see where you would really need this kit.

Well, I like the Direct port/nozzel kits because they don`t introduce fuel into the intake itself but rather directly into the cylinders.(I`m weird about the whole "fuel in the intake thing", don`t ask why) As far as only spraying a 100hp shot, well like with everything else, it would get "upped" down the road once the money was available to upgrade fuel system, etc.
Yeah, what he said!! my engine fire is gonna cost me a $1000 in burnt up ****
Old 02-25-2004, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

the kit is worth the money to me... i originally had my kit set for 100hp and saw 126MPH traps!!! BONE stock Z06.... now i am at the 175 level. the kit is pricey adn if your planning on not upping the shot over 100hp it is overkill... now if your going to go upwards 175+ this is a nice kit.. there are other options out there but in my opinion this kit rocks. i am not sure what "drawbacks" your referring to.. i used the universal on my setup...

Wes
Old 02-25-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I remember correctly, some people were complaining about the nylon tubing fittings and the injectors not fitting well in the "rings" and a few other things in regards to the universal kits.(Just opinions I`m sure.) That coupled with the fact that I never even heard about a LS1 NOSzle kit until this months GMHTP. I think the NXL kits release might have stole some of it`s thunder. It`s a good point you guys make about the price, especially if one is going to stay around 100-125hp range. But, with any other wet kit, you have to spray fuel into the intake, and I`d like to stay away from that.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

To be honest, I`m probably, let me rephrase that, I BETTER be close to the IHRA 11.49 "you need a roll bar" ET this season as it is. Plus, I`m a little worried about the pump and injectors keeping up with "too" big of a shot on top of the H/C. I just thought it would be cool to spray it on the last pass of the day before putting her on the trailor kinda deal. It wouldn`t be a every pass thing....or would it??