Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would practice on some junk aluminum heads before putting your heads under the knife and get your stroke down. Believe me watching videos does not compare.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 07-21-2012, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

martin I have an old 5.3 head you can practice on if you want.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Launching!

ive seen your black car run at piedmont a year or so back....thats a sleeper
Old 07-21-2012, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
You should give Tick a call, they're looking for a new guy.
Lol coincidence that I said that?

That's where I'm talking about...Jonathan went to the track to test the big pills in the plate for the Modified Stock class and ended up getting a head gasket and lifting the head so he wasn't able to call me Thursday.

We had a great conversation yesterday and I am going to talk to him and his Father Monday to tour the shop and get down to business!

They really have their **** together and I would love to represent Tick Performance as a business which it's looking like I just may!!!

Tick TTF!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BSmiff
I would practice on some junk aluminum heads before putting your heads under the knife and get your stroke down. Believe me watching videos does not compare.

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
That's a good idea I will take Brandon up on his offer with the 5.3 head. Just got to wait till he gets back from the sand box!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
ive seen your black car run at piedmont a year or so back....thats a sleeper
I really miss that car, but I am happy with the combination I have now.

With the opportunity I have with this new job as it's looking like it will pan out for the best then I will have everything I've ever wanted in a race car and just might be able to afford a little toy to mess around with on the street. I'd end up taking the motor out of this one or at least the cam, intake, and nitrous plate and put it in a cheap higher mileage F-body that had a 4l60e so I could enjoy driving it around.

Speaking of that car here are two videos from last year...

Listen to the announcer in this one lol
http://youtu.be/yS-3C-fC2iw

http://youtu.be/OQd4D4He_pQ
Old 07-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Launching!

im at a crossroads as well.....would i rather have a racer car or a streetcar?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
Lol coincidence that I said that?

That's where I'm talking about...Jonathan went to the track to test the big pills in the plate for the Modified Stock class and ended up getting a head gasket and lifting the head so he wasn't able to call me Thursday.

We had a great conversation yesterday and I am going to talk to him and his Father Monday to tour the shop and get down to business!

They really have their **** together and I would love to represent Tick Performance as a business which it's looking like I just may!!!

Tick TTF!

Yep, I would love to have that job though it doesnt pay as much as I get paid now, but i would enjoy my job for the first time in probably 10 years LOL. I have to come up to raleigh/fayetteville the first weekend of august to get some parts, I can make the trip a little further or maybe meet you somewhere so you can get that 5.3 head.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

Yep, I would love to have that job though it doesnt pay as much as I get paid now, but i would enjoy my job for the first time in probably 10 years LOL. I have to come up to raleigh/fayetteville the first weekend of august to get some parts, I can make the trip a little further or maybe meet you somewhere so you can get that 5.3 head.
When I received a PM out of the blue from Jonathan on HPJ I was really taken aback and surprised! I didn't even know that they were hiring anyone and he told me that he really thought I'd be good for the job with my knowledge and experience. I really was flattered to say the least coming from someone with the knowledge and time in the industry as Jonathan has. I had also never met or spoken with him prior to this offer.

I will say that if given the opportunity I would support, work, and dedicate my entire effort in life to that shop and business as that is what is needed from an employee at all times. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to go see these guys on Monday.

Best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I feel like my dad would be very proud of me if given the position and would love to see me excel and do good in life like he always wanted for me.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

im at a crossroads as well.....would i rather have a racer car or a streetcar?
If you don't have a trailer and a capable vehicle to pull it with, or can't fit one into your budget at the time of completion of your race car or don't have a decently prepped track within reasonable distance from where you live you will enjoy a street car a lot more.

Doesn't mean you can't put a 6-point in it, a nice set of corbeau or Sparco seats and 5 points, a good rear-end, nice suspension, adjustable shocks, turbo, built motor, OD transmission, transbrake etc. etc. etc. in it, just make sure you can and will feel comfortable driving it to the track to beat on. That means you cannot skimp on any part because it will be the one that leaves you stranded with a multi hundred dollar tow bill at the worst time.

You got a build thread?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Launching!

i have a Trailer, a brand new F-150 and there are about 6 tracks within 2 hours of my house...LOL...even though im 36 im still a kid a heart and me having a fast street car is asking for trouble....street racing has already bit me in the *** before....i dont need to be tempted...the closest track to me is 20 min away so loading up and going to the track would be hard at all...

here is a link to my car...there is an explanation on what im putting in it...as of right now, im just getting everything situated and set up...i will slowly add more go fast parts after that

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...d-content.html

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
If you don't have a trailer and a capable vehicle to pull it with, or can't fit one into your budget at the time of completion of your race car or don't have a decently prepped track within reasonable distance from where you live you will enjoy a street car a lot more.

Doesn't mean you can't put a 6-point in it, a nice set of corbeau or Sparco seats and 5 points, a good rear-end, nice suspension, adjustable shocks, turbo, built motor, OD transmission, transbrake etc. etc. etc. in it, just make sure you can and will feel comfortable driving it to the track to beat on. That means you cannot skimp on any part because it will be the one that leaves you stranded with a multi hundred dollar tow bill at the worst time.

You got a build thread?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

I would make a fast street car, you'll be able to enjoy it much more if you can go to a weekend cruise/event. You can still trailer it to the track just in case it breaks.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Launching!

if only i had a hook up on inspections in eastern NC........thats the big issue

I would make a fast street car, you'll be able to enjoy it much more if you can go to a weekend cruise/event. You can still trailer it to the track just in case it breaks.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

if only i had a hook up on inspections in eastern NC........thats the big issue
You need my inspection guy

What year is your fox?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Alright guys I got my nitrous interrupt actually working now using this diagram if anyone else needs it or wants to use it for their set-up here it is.

If you're using a micro switch for activation wire it up exactly the way I have it, if you're using a window switch the output wire that controls the first stage of your nitrous will replace the micro switch in this diagram.

I am also at the suggestion of ATVRacr only pulling timing from 4800rpm and up. 2* at 4800rpm, 8* at 5200rpm, 12* at 5600rpm, 12* at 6000rpm, 11* at 6400rpm, 10* at 6800rpm and 10* at 7200rpm.

I am waiting on Dave@Nitrous Outlet to return my call right now regarding the plate tune-up, but I have a 38 fuel pill in the fuel side right now that replaced the 46f I had in it that was rich. I would NOT recommend ANYONE else using this jet spread as with any other set-up as this could and would probably be too lean even for the good lean that we like to shoot for.

Last edited by Fbodyjunkie06; 07-24-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

I'm out for I don't know how long guys.

Just found my left rear shock is destroyed.

Extension **** is seized up, when I tried to loosen the compression it had no noticeable clicks and the **** shot out from it and shot fluid everywhere.

When it rains it pours.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

that blows man, sorry to hear! but im pretty sure you can send them back to afco and have them rebuilt and re-valve them. dont know what turnaround time would be though
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteLTone
that blows man, sorry to hear! but im pretty sure you can send them back to afco and have them rebuilt and re-valve them. dont know what turnaround time would be though
That is the plan I guess. Just don't know when I'll be able to do that.

******* A man, **** is just not going my way.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

i might have a set of comp eng. 3 ways in the garage, i'll check.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Rear shocks are out, going to Madman tomorrow!

Quick Reply: My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware