Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fbody, i had a question for you. right now im on a 250 shot on c16 and i did my tune up with a b9efs plug. will my tune up change at all by going to a b8efs? would i pick up a little power by going to a b8efs and will it be safe to run a 8 on a 250 shot and c16?

thanks for the help man.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by n2ols1cam
Hey Fbody, i had a question for you. right now im on a 250 shot on c16 and i did my tune up with a b9efs plug. will my tune up change at all by going to a b8efs? would i pick up a little power by going to a b8efs and will it be safe to run a 8 on a 250 shot and c16?

thanks for the help man.
No power will be gained.

Tune up will change pretty drastically because of the added heat on the strap of the plug.

I would stay on the B9EFS plugs.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Sent the shocks to Mark Menscer today here in Fayetteville, NC. He does Kevin Fiscus Afco shock valving and TONS of ODR radial guys so I have complete faith in him to give me the most bad *** radial specific shock valving there is.

I would of sent them to Madman, but he is in Texas and it would probably take 3 days just to get the shocks there then 2-3 day turnaround on top of another 3 day shipping ride at the least. I get mine back in 3 days total as he has all parts in stock for my shocks and will have them tomorrow!

Can't wait! And boy do I have some BIG surprises for you guys!!!

BTW I also got a power glide for the car!

1.80 straight cut gear, I'm pretty sure it's going to have a vasco input shaft or a good billet one, 8 clutch intermediate and direct clutches and I'm going to send my converter off most likely for a tweak here and there to tighten it up just a tad.

This will happen once I try the surprises I have in store out!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
No power will be gained.

Tune up will change pretty drastically because of the added heat on the strap of the plug.

I would stay on the B9EFS plugs.
Ok. Thanks man.

I just made a few pulls on the 9 plug and the plugs looked great. The only problem i had was my bottle was almost empty. I forgot to change the damn bottle before i took the car out.

I made a pull through all of second gear an the afr was 11.8-12.4 and it started to drop off into the 10s so i let out and shut the carr off and pulled a plug. Could my tune-up be changed drastically because i was running out of nitrous? Im asking this because when i pulled the plug it looked great.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, that's the reason it went rich at the end of the pull. Try to get it into third gear next time as the is where your motor will see maximum load and the tune-up needs to really be based off of what you see in 3rd because of that. It will go leaner in 3rd.

What fuel jet did you end up with on the 88 jet?
Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Yes, that's the reason it went rich at the end of the pull. Try to get it into third gear next time as the is where your motor will see maximum load and the tune-up needs to really be based off of what you see in 3rd because of that. It will go leaner in 3rd.

What fuel jet did you end up with on the 88 jet?
Oh I see, I will most likely have to put a bigger fuel jet in it if it goes leaner. The plugs looked pretty white but the strap looked perfect.

I am on c16 with 88/35 jets on 16 degrees total.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Oh I see, I will most likely have to put a bigger fuel jet in it if it goes leaner. The plugs looked pretty white but the strap looked perfect.

I am on c16 with 88/35 jets on 16 degrees total.
If the plugs look white then they aren't perfect

You want to see a golden/honey color on the tip of the strap and a darker honey/brown color on the base of the strap.

Do the same pull with the same jets, same timing, all the way through third gear. Note AFR and post pictures of the plugs.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Launching!

If the plugs look white then they aren't perfect

You want to see a golden/honey color on the tip of the strap and a darker honey/brown color on the base of the strap.

Do the same pull with the same jets, same timing, all the way through third gear. Note AFR and post pictures of the plugs.
Ok will do. Im going to try to make some test hits tomorrow night. So the white coloring mean its too lean?? The strap was tanish honey color and the timing mark was a little bit before the bend in the strap.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Ok will do. Im going to try to make some test hits tomorrow night. So the white coloring mean its too lean?? The strap was tanish honey color and the timing mark was a little bit before the bend in the strap.
No the white coloring means that the heat in the chamber is just now starting to burn the cadium plating off of the strap and plug.

If you haven't burnt the cadium plating off then the strap isn't seeing enough heat usually indicating that it's still rich.

You're really going to have to take some pictures to tell you 100%.

I thought you said the plug was really white looking? Was it white or tan?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Launching!

No the white coloring means that the heat in the chamber is just now starting to burn the cadium plating off of the strap and plug.

If you haven't burnt the cadium plating off then the strap isn't seeing enough heat usually indicating that it's still rich.

You're really going to have to take some pictures to tell you 100%.

I thought you said the plug was really white looking? Was it white or tan?
The Porcelain on the plug was pure white and the strap was that yellow-tan color.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

The Porcelain on the plug was pure white and the strap was that yellow-tan color.
Ok so the porcelain was white.

That makes sense.

If that is what they looked like then, you're close.

Keep everything the same and run it through 3rd.

Try and get some pictures ok?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Ok so the porcelain was white.

That makes sense.

If that is what they looked like then, you're close.

Keep everything the same and run it through 3rd.

Try and get some pictures ok?
Ok I will

I have to wait a couple days for my plugs to come in but once they do I'll make a pass and post up some pics. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Really thinking about doing a turbo set-up after this season is over with.

Don't get me wrong guys I love my nitrous set-up and car, but I really miss the sound of a turbo and not having to fill bottles and change plugs all the time.

We will see what happens in the next 2-3 months, if I get the motor that is in our shop car now I will stay nitrous and keep up the sword, but we will see how everything goes.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If I could fit a turbo or two in my C6 without big $$ or a lot of customization, I'd do it. There's nothing better than the sound of a hairdryer(or 2) spooling up. Hell, even semi trucks sound badass.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Same route im taking at the end of the year.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

I would really like to take a 6.0 truck block and put a 4.8 crank in it, 4.030 pistons, 6.3 rods, some type of 4.0" bore head 10:1 compression maybe more and a S476 T6 96mm 1.32 AR turbo on it and run real street with a non intercooled set-up on E85 to try and keep it light.

It's either that or a 408-427 cubic inch motor, same 4" bore heads, 13.5:1 compression and spray bars, or a plate.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Shocks are back on!

About ready to be in business!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Whens it going back to the track?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM
Launching!

So i got my new plugs and i made some test hits. It pulled good and i pulled a plug and they looked pretty good. I couldnt take a good pic because it was too dark out.

But i ran into a problem, on my way back home i made another pull so i had some idle and driving time on the plugs and it broke up pretty bad. I dont know what it could be. Could i be fouling out the plugs by driving on them? I run straight c16 on a b9efs plug. I gap them to .030 i do drive the car pretty much daily on c16 an the 9s. Could i be fouling the plugs by daily driving my car? Please help fbody! Lol
Old 08-05-2012, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

So i got my new plugs and i made some test hits. It pulled good and i pulled a plug and they looked pretty good. I couldnt take a good pic because it was too dark out.

But i ran into a problem, on my way back home i made another pull so i had some idle and driving time on the plugs and it broke up pretty bad. I dont know what it could be. Could i be fouling out the plugs by driving on them? I run straight c16 on a b9efs plug. I gap them to .030 i do drive the car pretty much daily on c16 an the 9s. Could i be fouling the plugs by daily driving my car? Please help fbody! Lol
Yep leaded race fuel, cold plug just don't mix for a long time street driving. You may want to think about a B8EFS if you know you're going to be street driving it a lot while spraying.

Leaded race fuel will load up and foul a TR55 if you drive on them long enough.

Quick Reply: My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware