Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kit looks nice Martin. That's the same kit I have on my vette and I'm really happy with it.

Be careful tightening down the solenoids so it though as the little fingers of the bracket are very fragile and can easily bend. You might want to put in some small washers to keep everything nice and snug.

I wanted to put the solenoids right on the throttle body as pictured but it would have required a P/S reservoir relocation and some other stuff that I didn't want to mess with.

Subsequently, the bracket fits perfectly over top the solenoid bracket and stays put.

When is the inaugural outing?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Thanks for all you do for me, and if ANYONE needs the best product available AND some of the best if not THE best customer service and support in the industry, do not hesitate to pick up the phone and call NX!
That must be all of the free product NX is giving you doing the talking.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
That must be all of the free product NX is giving you doing the talking.
If you could please keep comments like this out of this thread it would be appreciated.

I guess when you're not picked 1st on the kickball team it really does numbers to your attitude.

Originally Posted by Burrhos
Kit looks nice Martin. That's the same kit I have on my vette and I'm really happy with it.

Be careful tightening down the solenoids so it though as the little fingers of the bracket are very fragile and can easily bend. You might want to put in some small washers to keep everything nice and snug.

I wanted to put the solenoids right on the throttle body as pictured but it would have required a P/S reservoir relocation and some other stuff that I didn't want to mess with.

Subsequently, the bracket fits perfectly over top the solenoid bracket and stays put.

When is the inaugural outing?
The way they thought out the brackets and everything else on the kit I am very happy with. I'm excited to see what the hard lines end up looking like, I'm sure they will be just as nice as the rest of the kit.

Inaugural outing will be soon. We are fabricating the fuel cell mount right now and I may even send the converter out to have a stator change made to try and take the slip % down a little. With the re-valve on the rear shocks made specifically for a 275 radial, the new kit, fuel cell, new Mickey Thompson tires, nitrous interrupt actually up and functional so that there is no delay whatsoever of the nitrous off the trans brake and quite possibly a converter tweak its going to be very interesting to see how things go.

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 08-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
If you could please keep comments like this out of this thread it would be appreciated.

I guess when you're not picked 1st on the kickball team it really does numbers to your attitude.
Wow Martin you can't take a joke?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Good deal man. Good luck with it. And congrats on the dream job
Old 08-23-2012, 03:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Wow Martin you can't take a joke?
It didn't sound like a joke.

Sorry for coming off like I did.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Good deal man. Good luck with it. And congrats on the dream job
Dream job doesn't even begin to scratch the surface!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Understand 100%.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

Understand 100%.
Now if I could get a hot tub, a flat screen and a personal assistant I'd be set
Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Eye candy....this plate is going to hit so hard it's going to be a whole new experience. I've fallen in love with this set-up so much that I am going to splurge on a Holley Hi-ram for the new build with the 92mm top so I can use this plate still and lines they custom bent for me. Should have it next week and then the fuel cell goes in, fuel lines and trans can go back in for some much needed testing! Also putting the wider inner hoops on my rear holeshot wheels so I can run them at 12" wide on the new Mickey's I got.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:45 AM
On The Tree

Is that your manifold or just a demo? I count...3 stages..is that correct?? I didn't know you could mix a plate and a direct port like that.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

Is that your manifold or just a demo? I count...3 stages..is that correct?? I didn't know you could mix a plate and a direct port like that.
That's not my manifold, I wish it was!!!(Mike if you're reading this...)

It's just a jig they came up with to mock up what I have as far as throttle cable and how to route the lines

And there is nothing written in the books about not being able to mix and match!

Matter of fact I'm most likely going to end up using this plate in RS275 and using it as a single stage, but using two .57n jets instead of a single .82n jet with a Holley Hi-ram cathedral port intake and having a set of spray bars done like the one in this forum that Trey@NX posted up or a direct port so I can run some SR275 and maybe some X275 stuff.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

Sounds badass man. I can't wait to see it.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

That intake is sexy! I got one like it but with the -3 hoses going to the dp nozzles instead of hard line. Been debating on throwing a plate behind the tb. Prob won't tho.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks sick with the new hardlines! Much nicer looking than the braided ones. How come the solenoids on the passenger side of the TB are opposite than the driver side? Are the solenoids designed to be oriented with the Nitrous Express logo on the top with the inlets on the left side I'm thinking?
Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left side probably for blade clearance, and the noids would sit to far forward on the driver side to run the lines from the looks of it unless you wanted to run them back under and then up which would just make it more complex than need be. Plus on a car that has the EVAP still hooked up, the hard line from the EVAP solenoid is right there, but that's not a problem for Martin.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I raided the fridge in your office and drank your last Diet Pepsi. And as nasty as Diet Pepsi is, it still tasted so good.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 418redz28
That intake is sexy! I got one like it but with the -3 hoses going to the dp nozzles instead of hard line. Been debating on throwing a plate behind the tb. Prob won't tho.
I love the hard-lines. I think it makes the entire set-up.
Originally Posted by djfury05
Looks sick with the new hardlines! Much nicer looking than the braided ones. How come the solenoids on the passenger side of the TB are opposite than the driver side? Are the solenoids designed to be oriented with the Nitrous Express logo on the top with the inlets on the left side I'm thinking?
Scott answered that one right on the head(My6speedZ).
Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Left side probably for blade clearance, and the noids would sit to far forward on the driver side to run the lines from the looks of it unless you wanted to run them back under and then up which would just make it more complex than need be. Plus on a car that has the EVAP still hooked up, the hard line from the EVAP solenoid is right there, but that's not a problem for Martin.
Yep if you look also there is only one screw/bolt that holds the left side in because of the throttle body blade in the way.
Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I raided the fridge in your office and drank your last Diet Pepsi. And as nasty as Diet Pepsi is, it still tasted so good.
You bastard! I was wondering where it went! BTW I re-stocked it this morning so there are more!

The Diet is so I can get the race weight back down from 2990 to 2970!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

I would have drank but I wasn't going to fight Jon over a diet Pepsi. if you had mt. Dew it would have been on. Lol
Old 09-04-2012, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by IH8FORD
I would have drank but I wasn't going to fight Jon over a diet Pepsi. if you had mt. Dew it would have been on. Lol
I got to start keeping an eye on you two around my refrigemadator we going to have some words next time!

Just kidding you and John make me look like a shrimp with both y'alls Vin Diesel asses.

Quick Reply: My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware