Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotune vs Nitrous Outlet vs 'other' Window Switch w/ TPS activation

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynotune vs Nitrous Outlet vs 'other' Window Switch w/ TPS activation

I am planning on purchasing the subject window switch and have found that the following offer this item:

Dynotune - 711
Nitrous Outlet - 00-61000
NOS - 15982NOS
ZEX - 82085

Does anyone have any knowledge to the advantages/disadvantages of these to one another? They all seem to be about the same, and i would have preference to N.O. because of their great support (and I have a few other things I want to order from them, and just shopping from 1 place is always easier), but the Dynotune unit is $50 cheaper, which makes it hard to pass up!

So I thought I would gauge LS1tech geeks to see if they had any advice of one over another....
Old 05-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Teching In

i have had a dynotune window switch on my for 3 years no problems got it working off the tps
Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 PM
FormerVendor

All should take care of what you need and all are great products! All the above should not give you any problems.

The one thing that ours has that the others do not have is a gear lock out feature.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
All should take care of what you need and all are great products! All the above should not give you any problems.

The one thing that ours has that the others do not have is a gear lock out feature.
This is why nitrous outlet is #1 IMO for our cars.

No bias, no beating your chest that yours is superior to theirs, or any b.s.

For this reason alone I'd buy the nitrous outlet one.

And if your car is M6 I'd really use that lock-out feature. Especially on street tires.

I personally use an old trick window switch with TPS and gear lock out but it doesn't have delay like some of them do like the dyno tune and NO switch.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

The first gear lock out is a great feature... maybe that is the $50 advantage... but I am pretty sure the ZEX unit also has that... (but I would def. choose the NO unit over that)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

My Trick Performance model has 1st gear lockout also.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gillbot
My Trick Performance model has 1st gear lockout also.
Yep, I like my old trick window switch
Old 05-31-2012, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Zex unit does not have a TPS built in because the Zex system box has one built into there nitrous system. It has RPM activation, RPM deactivation and gear lock out.

The NOS unit will control two stages, has RPM activation and RPM deactivation as well as TPS activation.

The Dyno tune window switch will control two stages. It has RPM activation, RPM deactivation and TPS activation.

Our unit will control one stage. Has activation RPM and deactivation RPM. It also has TPS activation and gear lock out to help aid in traction loss.

We stock our brand as well as the NOS brand.

You will not find any better technical support in the industry than at Nitrous Outlet. I have 3 full time staff sitting on the phone giving tech help all day long. What this means is that if you are on the dyno and you need help problem shooting your system or tuning advice you can pick up the phone and get one of my staff on the phone to walk you through getting your system tuned and working correctly.

You have to decide the value of that. :-)
Dave
Old 05-31-2012, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

It is definitely a great quality in-and-of itself, I spoke with you the other day and was highly impressed with the feeling of great customer service. In the auto-parts world, that seems very hard to come by.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

Nitrous Outlet unit purchased (used, from LS1T classifieds no less) B-)
Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juicedh22
Nitrous Outlet unit purchased (used, from LS1T classifieds no less) B-)
And the greatest thing about Dave and the guys at Nitrous outlet, they will help you out even if you don't own one of their systems!!!

So if you buy a used a product of theirs like I did (my whole nitrous system is nitrous outlet aside from one of my bottles and my window switch) and Dave has been nothing but a help, he even gave me a free windshield banner to rock at the track!!!

BTW Dave I get people asking me all the time now what is nitrous outlet and where can I get it? I think I am making you some customers!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
You will not find any better technical support in the industry than at Nitrous Outlet. I have 3 full time staff sitting on the phone giving tech help all day long. What this means is that if you are on the dyno and you need help problem shooting your system or tuning advice you can pick up the phone and get one of my staff on the phone to walk you through getting your system tuned and working correctly.

You have to decide the value of that. :-)
Dave
This type of service is priceless.

Quick Reply: Dynotune vs Nitrous Outlet vs 'other' Window Switch w/ TPS activation