Old School Heavy

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Why not go to 4" bore 400+ cu in?
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Why not go to 4" bore 400+ cu in?
I think he is trying to put it back together as fast as he can to make a race. Plus everything is on a 24x ls1 computer so a direct swap would be an iron block and I know cam isn't going to go iron and add weight to the car.

Any aluminum block would require some swap changes with the front cover and all.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
I think he is trying to put it back together as fast as he can to make a race. Plus everything is on a 24x ls1 computer so a direct swap would be an iron block and I know cam isn't going to go iron and add weight to the car.

Any aluminum block would require some swap changes with the front cover and all.
Pretty much nailed it. It comes down to time and money and the parts we had readily available to us. As most know we operate on a small budget and this seemed the most logical for our goals right now.

It may be not what many people build, but believe me it will run some numbers!

Just need a cam to go with it... Haha
Old 10-03-2012, 04:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Well I wish I could just give you one for free Cam, but I can't even make that happen for myself lol!

I can get you the right cam for the job though.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it's awesome that your doing a 383 since no one really does the 4" stroke in the Ls1 since it's so much easier to just go with a 4" inch bore now days. I can't wait for some results
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I think it's awesome that your doing a 383 since no one really does the 4" stroke in the Ls1 since it's so much easier to just go with a 4" inch bore now days. I can't wait for some results
I have a customer I am doing some work for this winter, he has an aluminum 383, stock ported heads, super vic, carbd, in a 3rd gen and it's been 10.30's with a terrible camshaft and converter combo..
This winter I am doing heads, cam, converter, and an Induction Solutions plate.. Should be bad ***, we can only hope to try and keep up with Cam!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

Pistons are in. I believe everything is in and it should be together very soon

Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Well I wish I could just give you one for free Cam, but I can't even make that happen for myself lol!

I can get you the right cam for the job though.
We will figure something out. This baby needs a new stick though.

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Thanks man, I cant wait to see what she does either. I think we can make it go pretty quick.

Originally Posted by StrokerTA
I have a customer I am doing some work for this winter, he has an aluminum 383, stock ported heads, super vic, carbd, in a 3rd gen and it's been 10.30's with a terrible camshaft and converter combo..
This winter I am doing heads, cam, converter, and an Induction Solutions plate.. Should be bad ***, we can only hope to try and keep up with Cam!
Thats not bad at all. If we get the right cam for this motor I think it will do well, but that may have to wait to the winter... running out of money $$$ in my piggybank. haha

Quick Reply: New best... hurt motor finally PICS ADDED