Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottle Valve

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottle Valve

Notice I have a slight leak in my bottle and the only way to seal it properly is by shutting the valve with a wrench. When the seals get old do you guys replace the entire valve or can I get repalcement gaskets/rubber seals to rebuild the valve
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

For the price I would just replace the whole valve......Dynotune has them for around $49 if I remember correctly....
Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

How old is your bottle? What brand it the bottle? Usually it is cheaper and easier to just replace the valve.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
How old is your bottle? What brand it the bottle? Usually it is cheaper and easier to just replace the valve.
I would have recommended your guys valve over anyone elses, but it looks like it is $89? Does it flow better or generally work better than the dynotune one?.....Also, does the valve need to be the same brand as the bottle? Sorry for getting off topic here....
Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally it is better to replace it. As far as the bottle goes generally they are all the same thread on the neck as long as it is a 5,10, or 15 lb bottle.

We have a couple of bottle valves that would work for you.

First off is our mainline bottle valve.
http://nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=123

Then we also have our High flow billet lightning bottle valve that is a much nice valve and delivers a much better flow of nitrous than previous bottle valve.

Now both of those come default with a siphon tube in them but we can make them for what ever size you need.

Trey
Old 10-26-2012, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Generally it is better to replace it. As far as the bottle goes generally they are all the same thread on the neck as long as it is a 5,10, or 15 lb bottle.

We have a couple of bottle valves that would work for you.

First off is our mainline bottle valve.

Then we also have our High flow billet lightning bottle valve that is a much nice valve and delivers a much better flow of nitrous than previous bottle valve.

Now both of those come default with a siphon tube in them but we can make them for what ever size you need.

Trey
At what point would I benefit from a high flow valve? Does a standard valve actually hinder some flow even with -4AN feed lines and a small 100-150 shot? I was interested in one but figured its more for the guys running -6AN and 200+ hits....

EDIT: Now that I read the description on your site I see that it is supposed to keep the nitrous in liquid form longer....intersting
Old 10-26-2012, 02:17 PM
FormerVendor

What you will see on the cheaper valves listed they are 90 degree bottle valve. We only make highflow 45 degree valves. They are true high flow valves.

With the 90 degree bends you have more of a chance to have a phase change in the nitrous to a gas. The least amount of hard turns you have the better. As far as making a big difference in 100-150 shot. Not really. It does leave you with the ability to grow.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Neal@NitrousOutlet
Its a Nitrous Oxide Systems Candy Blue bottle with a 45 degree valve, so I am assuming its not that old. Will the Nitrous outlet valve fit on my NOS bottle ?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most manufacturers high flow 45 valves are just medical grade valves, with small orifice sizes in the valves, so beware.

If you are using small amounts of nitrous its no big deal, but on larger hp settings it will make a difference.

The only place i know of that makes their own valve is NX's Lightning and DF5 valves.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BaddLS2
Its a Nitrous Oxide Systems Candy Blue bottle with a 45 degree valve, so I am assuming its not that old. Will the Nitrous outlet valve fit on my NOS bottle ?
I believe all the 10 and 15 bottles should take a nitrous outlet or a NX valve....same thread.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpcase
I believe all the 10 and 15 bottles should take a nitrous outlet or a NX valve....same thread.

Yes you are correct same threads.

Trey

Quick Reply: Bottle Valve