Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the LS1/6, few questions about N20 DPI setups on these motors...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the LS1/6, few questions about N20 DPI setups on these motors...

I have been feverishly researching and searching and my plan of attack is to go with some form of direct port injection kit as I don't want to deal with the MAF not compensating properly with a dry kit, nor the problems I have heard people having with a cylinder running lean with the wet kits. My plan is a 100 to 150 shot with WOT micro switch, an MSD RPM window switch for safety, and a purge/gauge and bottle warmer. I don't want to outgrow a kit as I want room for more.

I have heard the problems with the lag and jetting issues of the NXL kit and that has made me weary of purchasing it. Have the problems with the NXL kit been addressed yet?

On the other hand I have only heard good things about the Noszle kit. They are upwards of $1400 and I just want to get it right the first time.

So my question to you all is what do you recommend? At this price point I am also just considering getting a custom job done with hard lines and an accumulator so I don't have to worry about the lag and lean issues, or just setting up another AFPR and running a low pressure side to the system.

I just want to be safe. Someone fill me in here as I want to purchase something very soon! If any vendors want to chime in with prices of plug and play kits or custom kits please do! Thanks!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what's your total nitrous budget ?
Old 08-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Lets say I won't go over $2,500 total tuned with all options unless it's something totally unbelievable and perfect.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was gonna suggest something similar to mine.
TNT-DP + Maximizer (progressive-controller)... but those 2 items bust the budget... and you have to do it yourself... not tuned yet.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Could you fill me in on your setup?
Old 08-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

We could take care of you no matter which route you go, as far as the NXL goes, you can order that system with a distribution block like the Nossle and get the better nozzles of NX. Pricing isnt that bad. You also have the option of Doing a direct port system with regular nozzles, in either a TNT kit or NX. Im not partial to either one to be honest with you. They are both great companies. give me a call on monday, 866 648 7637, Let me work with you on your system, I think we can make you happy.
Steve
Old 08-22-2004, 01:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here are some pix of my system before it got stolen.
It now is the same thing, but on a LSX intake.

Basically a TNT F4010-10 kit:
http://www.nitrous-power.com/search_...btnSearch.y=16
I also have a NX-Maximizer, and a LS1TimingTuner.
The nitrous has its own fuel rail, pump... independant of engine fuel delivery.

I have it on a 385 ARE stg3 h/c
Still waiting for delivery of car, though.
Attached Thumbnails New to the LS1/6, few questions about N20 DPI setups on these motors...-dp_1.jpg   New to the LS1/6, few questions about N20 DPI setups on these motors...-dp_2.jpg  
Old 08-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Orian
Could you fill me in on your setup?
Orian,

Not to horn in here, but by mid week I should have some nice photos and possibly some video footage of my direct port Noszle kit that I just had installed on my 2000 FRC. Under the hood.... you can't see a thing. It's not so much a "hiding what I've got" deal, as much as it is me wanting a very clean, stock looking engine compartment. However, I will warn you... this nitrous stuff can get very expensive if you can't control yourself. I got completely out of control. Example: Nitrous pressure gauge, Fuel pressure gauge, air/fuel gauge, timing tuner, a lot of expenssive braided hose, dual purge with blue purge lights, custom stainless steel mounting brackets, dual polished bottles, window switch, NX rocker switches, and etc.. Before you know it you've spent waaaaay too much money. Hopefully that's just my problem and not something that happens on your end. Goodluck with your purchase and install.... I love my kit. Now I just need to upgrade my fuel system and start jetting a little taller!!
S.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
here are some pix of my system before it got stolen.
It now is the same thing, but on a LSX intake.

Basically a TNT F4010-10 kit:
http://www.nitrous-power.com/search_...btnSearch.y=16
I also have a NX-Maximizer, and a LS1TimingTuner.
The nitrous has its own fuel rail, pump... independant of engine fuel delivery.

I have it on a 385 ARE stg3 h/c
Still waiting for delivery of car, though.

That is SICK but man would I feel bad using that to just spray a 100-150 shot on my stock LS6... man I want that!

Originally Posted by slambFRC
Orian,

Not to horn in here, but by mid week I should have some nice photos and possibly some video footage of my direct port Noszle kit that I just had installed on my 2000 FRC. Under the hood.... you can't see a thing. It's not so much a "hiding what I've got" deal, as much as it is me wanting a very clean, stock looking engine compartment. However, I will warn you... this nitrous stuff can get very expensive if you can't control yourself. I got completely out of control. Example: Nitrous pressure gauge, Fuel pressure gauge, air/fuel gauge, timing tuner, a lot of expenssive braided hose, dual purge with blue purge lights, custom stainless steel mounting brackets, dual polished bottles, window switch, NX rocker switches, and etc.. Before you know it you've spent waaaaay too much money. Hopefully that's just my problem and not something that happens on your end. Goodluck with your purchase and install.... I love my kit. Now I just need to upgrade my fuel system and start jetting a little taller!!
S.
Please do post or email me at o.iglesias@snet.net when you have something to show me! I'm dying to see one of these systems up and running!

Thanks for your help guys. More comments/setups are welcome.

Last edited by Orian; 08-24-2004 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DP units are pretty much useless under a 200 shot.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
Mine seems to work just fine. I like the look and I don't have to worry about any puddling in the intake. Why would you say this?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
why so? im not disagreeing, im just curious.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orian
That is SICK but man would I feel bad using that to just spray a 100-150 shot on my stock LS6... man I want that!
Thanks for your help guys. More comments/setups are welcome.
Well, that kit in those pix has been stolen, so it's somewhere out there.
If someone ever sees something very close to it... let me know, or the local authorities... since it could be the system I had and got stolen before installation.
I now have the same thing, but with a LSX intake.