Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first N2O experiance!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 11:51 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking My first N2O experiance!!

Well i went to ESP on friday for a little dyno sesion befor heading to LVD sat morning. we had a small tune up in the car it ran great, car realy enjoyed the giggle gassss! exept for the one dyno pull where my batt switch shut off at the top end, a nice loud *** pop went, Ken said the car lost power. first thing i checked was the batt switch thinking someone walked by it and bumped it over and then it vibrated loose. sure as ****, it was off. good, that was easy, pulled the plugs everything was fine. good deal we left it at that. Then the weather says 90% chance of rain
so we called it a night, left the car off the tralior, went out for dinner with everyone. great Chicken palm!!!!
that night, everyone there offered me and my girlfriend a spot to stay, it was nice to be around such a great group of friends!
So sat we woke up nice and early hopping for the best with weather, but no such luck, rain all over the place. so we head to the shop anyway, finish up a few small things with my car, change the oil, put the N2O plugs in ect ect. Then we talked about it, Rich said he would go sunday, so Ken and my self got all happy and stuff LETS JET IT UP A LITTLE!!!! So i said to Ken!
jet it up, put it back on, 2 passes, it was Mint, a little fat, but we wanted that. set it all up, loaded it up ready for sunday.
sat night again what a nice time, we got 10 steaks, mac and cheeze for sean and myself, (it was a hit tho) and Rich grilled them up to PERFECTION!! so we stuffed face and we found it was good!
so again, sat night everyone there was happy to have my girl and i down, and offered a place to crash. The hospitality was out standing, and again what a great group of friends!
We stayed at Ken/Denise house which is a buetiful place, there youngest was willing to give up her bedroom for us, and we stayed there again, again couldnt ask for better place to be or people to be with.
Sunday we headed to the shop, met up and drove down. it was an hour befor we got in, then 2 hours to get a pass we started off pissed!
check it all out, and Rich climes in (4 times!!!!!!! do to the stupid track!!! ) Finaly, the line moves, Rich trys the line lock, damn the switch went bad we checked it out fast, but everything was fine besides the switch, oh well rich pulls up ken brings him up, small burnout, little purge, stage it up!!! the car left perfect! the Wolfe sway bar was set up just right! first pass the 2 step was low and the wepon was set for a little far out. car went a 1.5 60 which is better then it ever did!(first time out!! and it was 4 tenths faster in the 330 then my turbo set up! all on a 27" tire.
after that Pop POP!! the dam batt switch tripped off again. rich let out of it, and then the car vibrated enouph and it came back on, rich drove it back to the tralor and we pulled the plugs. little detination on 1, other then that it seemd fine, but no sence in tring again with a Stupid $10 switch ending the day!!!
so we loaded up, we are going to put a new swich in, and a new batterey, and the more we thought about it, we think possable the 2 step may have an issue. do to scotts car, put a 2 step in it and lost over a second, then unplug it next pass and he went a new best!!!
so those are the 3 variables we are adressing this week, and weather pending racing again next week!! If Rich doesnt go, my sorry *** might jet it down for the first couple passes, but we'll see what the weekend brings.
Sorry for the novle, but it was a hole weekend in one spot.
Again, thanks alot to the hole crew from East Side, they made the trip most enjoyable.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:53 AM
8 second mod

after a little reserch ESP found a wire that was burnt but covered with black wire cover and it was hidden a little but caused the lights ect to shutter. it was a starter wire. we think that was the issue. so new wire and swich, and im running this weekend again! cant wait
Old 08-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Hey Noyzee!! How is that bottle working for you? If you don't remember, I'm the guy that sold you the blue NOS bottle about a month ago. Anyway, congratulations with your experience on the juice. I actually had my first taste of nitrous about a week ago myself. It was a tame 100 shot, but it sure got my attention the first time I launched in 1st gear with good bottle pressure! I wish you good luck with next weekend.

S.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:11 PM
8 second mod

Thanks alot, the bottle is mint! thank you verry much. yhea it is fun stuff. good luck with your as well!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Thanks alot, the bottle is mint! thank you verry much. yhea it is fun stuff. good luck with your as well!
Thanks! I'm going to try and post photos this week. Man, this stuff is addicting!!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 12:23 PM
8 second mod

i here you. i cant wait till next weekend hoping for 9's
Old 08-23-2004, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man I wish I could have gone.Rob pm'ed me sat. night to tell me you guys where all going,I was so pissed.I just installed my racetronics fuel pump and booster and now the fuel psi is too high and tripin my ses light.I ran there 2 weeks ago on a friday and was cutting 1.56-1.59 60ft.'s I'll be at eastside later this week for a re-tune.I was up all damn night, couldn't sleep cause I knew who all was going and I was pissed cause my car wasn't ready.Was it packed? I go on fridays cause the get so many more runs in,they dont prep the track as good as they do for sunday or an event.I plan on getting a tnt F2 kit very soon. I'll be at island this sunday for the all pontiac show and go
Old 08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you get everything working 100% you should go to atco.You'll turn your best time there for sure
Old 08-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Launching!

I like the bottle too. I just got my first full pass with the nitrous yesterday at Maple Grove. 11.097 @ 121 with a 1.6 60'. Not bad for a pig automatic. I am hoping with better air, cooler temps, and getting the damn car tuned that I can get in to the 10's.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Banned

Glad to see you have figured out the problem. You have to tell me which you enjoy better nitrous or turbo?

Good Luck at the track,

CMC
Old 08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
8 second mod

well, first run on the dyno with the small jets it made more then my turbos ever did!!! thats a step in the right direction. i will fill you all in tho.
Red, glad to see your car is going, this will give b-man a ray of hope for his quest for 10's. he has ESP heads cam, full bolt on suspention, good tires and he is doing the NOSzle system with a 125 shot in his 6 speed, he should be 10's after a few shakedowns!
O2, i do want to do atco, it would be fun, alot of the Cartek guys run there, it would be nice to go a day of racing with some of them, id love to see Big Mikes car go, and it is a FAST track. we will see, i know cartek does alot of rentals there, and i may head to one soon. I wasnt a big fan of island, next week i wont go there
Old 08-23-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noyzee -- good luck on your quest for 9's. I don't believe you'll have much problems with 10's, 9's would be great.

There are at least 3 of us running stock bottom end, heads/cam, 150 shot with TH-400 all are mid-10's going for the best possible. Possible with my nitrous 9's could be do-able with a stock bottom end. Most of us are waiting on better air.

Are you going to Thunder's Shoot-out? More the better.

David
Old 08-23-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noyzee

Hope you have better luck next weekend . Cant wait to see that beast go!!

Defintly keep us upto date on your times

Jeremy
Old 08-24-2004, 07:27 AM
8 second mod

Navy, the car will go 9's, im hoping deep 9's!!! hehehe
i may do thunder, but wont know for sure till it gets closer.

Off, you got it man, come to LVD sat, see it go!