Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone need nitrous? Thinking about a fill up station in CA...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone need nitrous? Thinking about a fill up station in CA...

Me and my buddy Chingon have just started getting into the nitrous aspect of having fun and have realized the need for more nitrous around this area. We are in Los Angeles, more on the valley side and have only found about two or three shops that sell nitrous. They are selling it for up to 6 bucks a pound and are nowhere near us

So, me and Chingon want to get our own nitrous fill up station.
We would be filling out of our house or just from the back of the truck if we can.
We dont want some ghetto rig, its going to be a nice setup so you dont have to worry about that.

Would anyone on here be interested in getting nitrous from us? It will cost less than the shops selling around here and there will be less hastle. Last time we filled up we had to wait like a hour just to get filled, it wont be like that with us. Depending on where you are we might even be able to come to you. We will be at the tracks and meets, hopefully with the fillup station.

So who would be interested?
We are trying to find out how much interest there is to see if we should go through with it.
We could probably even give a tech member discount if things go well

Anyone have any advice on what we might need? Or what to watch out for? Any help or info would be appreciated.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Even if you don't sell alot to the public you guys will find that it's well worth the investment. I can reccomend getting a J-Ship 265lbs digital scale from ebay. That's what I use and it's great (only cost $70 too). There are also plenty of other odds and ends as far as fittings and lines on ebay for next to nothing. Also use a compressor that can push atleast 5cfm @90psi, if not refills will take forever and you might not be able to completly fill the bottes without freezing them a couple of times. And lastly, get the big bottles without the sifon tube and turn them upside down in the little stand. You should be able to get more out of the bottle this way, with the sifon tube bottles I can't get the last 8-12lbs out of the bottle.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Also use a compressor that can push atleast 5cfm @90psi, if not refills will take forever and you might not be able to completly fill the bottes without freezing them a couple of times.
Great info. Ill definitly look into that scale

As far as the compressor, what do I need here? Which one are you using? Any brands to look for?

Are there any special tools I need or anything like that?
Old 10-14-2004, 03:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Where exactly are you guys....... I seriously have no Idea who sells n2o around here.

How far are you from Santa Barbara.. LA is a pretty big area, and with the traffic there, it can be a matter of over an hour difference if u know what I mean.

BTW- Once I get the funds together, I might need a little help on the install since you've done a few B4 so I'll probably hit you up.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:27 AM
10 Second Club

For a compressor I just use a cheap pancake style from Harbor Frieght. I think it's a 3hp and flows like 4.8@90cfm. It's barley enough to run the pump so you would deffinatly want something alittle bigger (takes about 10 minutes to fill a 15lbs bottle). Sears usually has some good deals on half decent compressors.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
Where exactly are you guys....... I seriously have no Idea who sells n2o around here.

How far are you from Santa Barbara.. LA is a pretty big area, and with the traffic there, it can be a matter of over an hour difference if u know what I mean.

BTW- Once I get the funds together, I might need a little help on the install since you've done a few B4 so I'll probably hit you up.
Im in the vally bro. There are 2 n2o shops close to me. One in Van Nuys and one in Santa Monica.

From SB yea im like a hour and a half away. Hit me up when you install no worries
Old 10-14-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have gone to westside performance in santa monica on pico for $50 for 10lbs, and I have gone to a four wheel place in the valley on sepulveda, a couple blocks north of Nordhoff, that charged $40 for 10lbs. They used to charge $35 but upped their prices. I would buy some from you if you were up at lacr. I hate using my second bottle because it doesn't have a pressure guage on it.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:12 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Originally Posted by strokedls1
I have gone to westside performance in santa monica on pico for $50 for 10lbs, and I have gone to a four wheel place in the valley on sepulveda, a couple blocks north of Nordhoff, that charged $40 for 10lbs. They used to charge $35 but upped their prices. I would buy some from you if you were up at lacr. I hate using my second bottle because it doesn't have a pressure guage on it.
Are you talking about the place on Pico in between Bundy and Centinela? I think $50 for a fill is ridiculous, and 4 wheel place is kind of a drive...I wish there were more places to fill up, that's why we're thinking of getting our own station
Old 10-14-2004, 05:34 PM
12 Second Truck Club

There is a place in Pasadena that was selling for $4.25/lb, don't recall the name or the street since I was just a visitor in Pasadena.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:47 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Found it, Blair's Speed Shop - 2771 E Foothill Blvd - 323-681-8644
Old 10-14-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

anybody know of any shops up the 101?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Supposedly the owner of the place in santa monica will do it for 40 if you are a track racer and not a ricer. I agree that there is a lack of fill stations around here though.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I were in your area I would definetely buy from you. Here in my area there is 1 place to fill and it costs $6.00 per lb. + tax. A 10lb bottle is about $65.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by strokedls1
Supposedly the owner of the place in santa monica will do it for 40 if you are a track racer and not a ricer. I agree that there is a lack of fill stations around here though.
Anybody know where this place is?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

YEAH NITROUS SUPPLY $3.00 A POUND AND THEY HAVE ALL THE PLUMBING YOU NEED YOU COULD FIND THEM ONLINE AT http://www.nitroussupply.com/
Old 09-09-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

The place by me is called westside performance. It is off the 10 freeway off bundy north, one exit past the 405 go west bound. The shop is on pico about a block west of bundy. My friend bought a fill station so I may just buy another system and fill up at his place.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

I work in Van Nuys and live in Santa Clarita and would be willing to fill my bottle if you guys got one.Me and a buddy of mine was almost thinking of getting one ourselves.Orme brothers off of Reseda blv. and parthenia fills bottles for $4.00 a pound.You get a better product from them, than you do 4 wheel IMO.

Quick Reply: Anyone need nitrous? Thinking about a fill up station in CA...