Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone upgraded nitrous solenoid line to -4 over -3??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:24 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone upgraded nitrous solenoid line to -4 over -3??

I have the GM MAF kit and am running a 200 hp shot. On the chasis dyno, the tuner said it was too rich with the stock jetting, so I ordered a couple of fuel jets .002 and .004 smaller to help lean it out. I was wondering if the stock -3 line from the nitrous solenoid to the MAF nozzle is somewhow a restriction at 200 shot level. I talked with Nitro Dave and he said it would be fine on a 200 shot. I was just double checking with other members here to see if anyone has upgraded to -4 line over the -3 line and if it seemd to make a difference, and at what hp level.

Thanks,

SDB
Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say its ok to 200. much more then I would go with -4 though.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
I have the GM MAF kit and am running a 200 hp shot. On the chasis dyno, the tuner said it was too rich with the stock jetting, so I ordered a couple of fuel jets .002 and .004 smaller to help lean it out. I was wondering if the stock -3 line from the nitrous solenoid to the MAF nozzle is somewhow a restriction at 200 shot level. I talked with Nitro Dave and he said it would be fine on a 200 shot. I was just double checking with other members here to see if anyone has upgraded to -4 line over the -3 line and if it seemd to make a difference, and at what hp level.

Thanks,

SDB
I do think the 3an lines from the solenoid to the fogger/plate are to small for a 200 shot.

The 3an for the fuel side can supply more than 300hp worth, but the 4an is nessesary for the nitrous side of the fogger. I got the 4an lines with the 3an fitting on one end, On the end with the 3an, the orifice is ALOT larger than on a full 3an line.

TNT f2 kits use dual foggers and run a 4an line on the nitrous side to each fogger (and your only spraying half as much through each fogger). So i think there is definately a good reason to use it.. but they use 3an on the fuel side.

Ive seen this a few times on the dyno. On my car, with the 200 pills in a edelbrock series 1 fogger it was definately rich, Even by increasing the jet quite a bit i couldnt get the a/f to lean out. I want the jet to be the limiting factor to flow not the line, so i say run the largest line you can. Including always running a 6an feed line on any thing over a 150 shot just because its a cheap upgrade
Old 12-03-2004, 06:53 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

That is kind of what i was thinking, the reason it was fat was due to a slight restriction in the line more than a jetting discrepancy. I think I will go with -4 for the 3 ft. and maybe do the -6 instead of the -4 main line since mine is so long and I have a filter inline....then redyno to see if AFR is affected much. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ricky form NX posted this last week:

NITROUS
-3 Line is good for 200hp
-4 Line is good for 400hp
-6 Line is good for 600+hp

FUEL
-3,-4, and -6 all depends on what fuel pressure it is at.
Ricky

Also, are you sure you have a #3 line from the solenoid to the plate? I have seen a few MAF kits and I thought they all had a #4 line with a #3 hose end on one side, but it has been a while so I may be mistaken.
Vinny
Old 12-03-2004, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes the maff plate comes with -3 lines.
However the maff plate has more restrictions in it than a single fogger nozzle.For example the maff kit uses 90s to connect to the plate.The single nozzle kit is a straight flow.There for on the single nozzle kit the -3 should be fine for 200 hp.However upgrading to the sho hose will be ok alos incase you want to spray more in the future.
Dave
Old 12-03-2004, 11:50 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Dave, I will order a -4 line with the small ends from you just in case I am having some restriction....seems like a cheap way to have peace of mind, plus then I can go back to my original jetting (maybe). Do you carry these stock length (the ones that came with the MAF kit) ones that are 04 but that will correctly fit the solenoid and MAF fittings? Thanks,
SDB
Old 12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

my -3 maxed out at 178 to the wheels