Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Works kit 175 shot on an LT1. need help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Works kit 175 shot on an LT1. need help.

Car info:

97 SS automatic.
bored 60 over (probably 360ci now), 342s, and transgo shift, all else stock (even stock air filter).
NGK TR6s and hypertech programmer purchase pending.

Plans are to spray a 175 shot out of the hole only for 1-3 times in a 1/4mile race event (NOT a daily setup):

1) anyone know the jet sizes for a 175 RWHP shot on a nitrous works kit?
2) what fuel/gas should I use? (example: C16..etc). Im thinking about buying a shitload of octane boosters and just pour them in the tank. Is this a dumb thing to do? what octane level should I be at approximately to increase safety measures? ideas/suggestions?
3) what tires should be good to launch on spray and hook with no problems whatsoever? (using 16" rims). Im thinking mickey thompsons or hoosiers.
4) The reason the hypertech programmer is purchased is to increase the rev limiter. What should I set the rev limiter at?
5) Thinking about spraying out of the hole possibly from 2000rpms until 6200rpms. Too much? can I spray up to 6400rpms or more?
6) Give me an idea what rpms to shift at please.
7) estimations on 1/4 mile time and trap speed?

Again, plans are only to do this once or 3 times the most for the fun of it on a local 1/4 mile track event.

Please answer the questions above and provide suggestions if you have any.
Appreciate it in advance.
Old 12-25-2004, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

come on help me out here
Old 12-27-2004, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 12-27-2004, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man I have the jet-card at the house I will try to find it tonight when I get home to see what pills you need.
Old 12-27-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would like to know some ideas as well. I have a nitrous works kit on my truck and would like to know what the jet size is for a 175 shot and also the RPMS they would suggest to shift at.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think your nuts 175 shot on a stock lt1 with slicks on a 10 bolt. I see something breaking.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brett95z
I think your nuts 175 shot on a stock lt1 with slicks on a 10 bolt. I see something breaking.
trust me I agree with you 100%. Im just trying to help out a friend who is computer illiterate. He knows he could break stuff and does not care. We just need to get those 7 questions answered. If his nitrous solenoid supported a 200 shot he would of sprayed that much without even letting me know .

Im hoping that if he uses the correct race fuel his motor will make it to the finish line.

still need expert advise please.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:07 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok I will try but this not our systems.
Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
Car info:

97 SS automatic.
bored 60 over (probably 360ci now), 342s, and transgo shift, all else stock (even stock air filter).
NGK TR6s and hypertech programmer purchase pending.

Plans are to spray a 175 shot out of the hole only for 1-3 times in a 1/4mile race event (NOT a daily setup):

1) anyone know the jet sizes for a 175 RWHP shot on a nitrous works kit?I would call nitrous works. get the info straight from the mfg.Then you can feel good about the jet pattern.
2) what fuel/gas should I use? C16 would be the best but the o2s will not live.(example: C16..etc).

Im thinking about buying a shitload of octane boosters and just pour them in the tank. Is this a dumb thing to do? Not sure, I would use the directions on the back of the can. Remember if you have more octane the car needs it will slow down.what octane level should I be at approximately to increase safety measures? I would you will needed to be in the low 100's. ideas/suggestions?
We sprayed 250 on our stock bottom end ls1. on premeium fuel. Now I know I know, this is not recommeded but we did do it.
3) what tires should be good to launch on spray and hook with no problems whatsoever? (using 16" rims). Im thinking mickey thompsons or hoosiers.Both are good companies, just get would you can afford, Slicks would be the best, not usre if they build slicks for a 16". Put as much air in them as possible with out tire spin. If your car likes 15lbs then run that do not let some talk you into runner low psi, car will get loose on the big end and will run slower. Exp. Big tire car on slick best 60ft at 4 psi 1.20 put it 6.5 got a 1.15 and picked up a .5 mph on the other end. The car was alot more stable.
4) The reason the hypertech programmer is purchased is to increase the rev limiter. What should I set the rev limiter at? Just before valve float or get on the dyno and see were the car falls off drasticly. Also these point should be a after a shift point. exp, shift at 5000 rpm, rev limiter set at 5300 rpm and the nitrous window switch turns off at the 5200 point. This will allow you to spray throught the shift. Now if your tranny can not handle it and slips then the nitrous will turn off before you hit the limiter.
5) Thinking about spraying out of the hole possibly from 2000rpms until 6200rpms. Too much? The stall convertor will tell you. Stock Convertor, I would not spray that low. can I spray up to 6400rpms or more? You need to set the spay to turn off 100 rpms before you hit the rev limiter but after the shift point.
6) Give me an idea what rpms to shift at please. See above you need some run time or dyno time.
7) estimations on 1/4 mile time and trap speed?

Again, plans are only to do this once or 3 times the most for the fun of it on a local 1/4 mile track event. You thinking it is going to hurt something why do it?

Please answer the questions above and provide suggestions if you have any.
Appreciate it in advance.
These are all my opions and each car and tune react different so please be careful and do a little testing to see what your car likes..
Ricky

Quick Reply: Nitrous Works kit 175 shot on an LT1. need help.