Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is safer 100 Shot Wet or Dry

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 12:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is safer 100 Shot Wet or Dry

Which is safer on a modified LS6, H/C pacakge with stock injector & fuel system.
I'm more intrested in safety that growing with the system.
I'm palnning WOT switch,window switch, fuel switch- What else and which kits will fit my needs.
Thanks'
Old 02-15-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Regular

I have answered these questions here many times. But not everyone has the same ideas or knowledge. I spend some time at my friends shop here in northern california and i would suggest the following:
Do a TNT F1 wet kit
Get a 255lph fuel pump
Get 42 lb injectors(stock injectors arent amde to take that much power, would have been a good idea for you to get them during the H/C package)
Get a timing tuner(works as a window switch and lest you kick down the timing when the nitrous is engaged)
And ofcourse consult someone that tunes the cars and ask them for professional advice. But seriously look into some new injectors, you gotta be greatly overtaxing the stock ones. and if you are then there ready to go at anytime and your car may blow up. I would tell you not to drive it again until you talk to somebody about it. If you live in northern california i know a good tuner that could help you, if not then you can still send him a PM, he is really busy though. His name is nickN20.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Wet kit for sure. Except I don't believe 42# injectors necessary. I use SVO 30# injectors with a h/c + TNT F1 kit. You will need the fuel pump though.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Why is a fuel injector upgrade need for a wet kit. The extra fuel is provide thru the wet kit nozzle?? I'm confused. If i were going dry, then i think i would need the injector, but you guys said dry..
Also, remenber this is a Z06, i should be over taxing the injector's, at this time.

Last edited by jz06man; 02-15-2005 at 11:08 AM. Reason: error
Old 02-15-2005, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

I will be doing the same thing with a TNT or Nitrous Outlet generic wet kit.

I chose wet because I didn't think I would need injectors, otherwise, I would consider dry...
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

With a wet kit no other injectors should be needed. But if you put cams heads, etc, and your engine itself needs more fuel then at that point injectors would be a must.

My vote is a wet kit... More torque, plants you in the seat, and can just scare the hell out of an unsupecting passenger.LOL

Ricky
Old 02-15-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by PewterWSSicc
I have answered these questions here many times. But not everyone has the same ideas or knowledge. I spend some time at my friends shop here in northern california and i would suggest the following:
Do a TNT F1 wet kit
Get a 255lph fuel pump
Get 42 lb injectors(stock injectors arent amde to take that much power, would have been a good idea for you to get them during the H/C package)
Get a timing tuner(works as a window switch and lest you kick down the timing when the nitrous is engaged)
And ofcourse consult someone that tunes the cars and ask them for professional advice. But seriously look into some new injectors, you gotta be greatly overtaxing the stock ones. and if you are then there ready to go at anytime and your car may blow up. I would tell you not to drive it again until you talk to somebody about it. If you live in northern california i know a good tuner that could help you, if not then you can still send him a PM, he is really busy though. His name is nickN20.
Keep in mind this person gives tons of advice on nitrous use and has never used it before, nor has it on his own vehicle.
Just keep your inputs qualified properly.

I would suggest a dry system.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

zo6man, I run a wet shot(100hp) on my personal zo6 as well. It works great and is simple to install. Email us and we will send you the complete C5 instructions for installation for your Z. A simple 100 shot is amazing on a 3000lb car
Dan
Old 02-15-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

The advice about getting the bigger injectors had nothing to do with the nitrous. If you would have read it you would see i was just talking about because he is running stock injectors on a H/C package. I know that wet kits dont go off of your injectors, that advice was as i stated because of the heads/cam. Other than that again as i said, wet kit is better, puts down more power and is also safer. And just because a person doesnt have nitrous doesnt mean they havent researched it or helped to install several systems. Not having it yet doesnt mean you dont know what your talking about.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

The advice about getting the bigger injectors had nothing to do with the nitrous. If you would have read it you would see i was just talking about because he is running stock injectors on a H/C package. I know that wet kits dont go off of your injectors, that advice was as i stated because of the heads/cam. Other than that again as i said, wet kit is better, puts down more power and is also safer. And just because a person doesnt have nitrous doesnt mean they havent researched it or helped to install several systems. Not having it yet doesnt mean you dont know what your talking about.
No, but lack of experience can be a big factor in certain areas as you will eventually see.
How big of an injector did you need to step up to in order to run the 13.1 ?
I realize that for a Supra for instance, it's a pretty big injector requirement.

I hope you weren't saying that a 100hp shot from a wet kit puts down more power than a 100hp shot from a dry system ?

Also, it's not just my opinion here, but undisputable fact that the dry 100 shot is far safer than a wet kit.

I'm would hope that all input is welcome here.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Launching!

ok, I would assume, if with a wet system(which is the direction I'm leanning to) if my injectors are near max- I would need a to upgrade my fuel pump or install a boost a-pump to increase fuel pressure.
Since the extra fuel will be inserted via the intake tunnel & N2O, upgrading the injectors are not necessary nor needed. Correct??!

What is a safe RPM level to engage, to prevent puddeling of fuel & N2O in the intake manifold. I'm told this is the major downside of a wet kit.

Old 02-15-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

I dont know what it takes to do what to a supra. I dont like supras or care about them. And i havent worked on a supra before. But i have worked on lots of F-bodies and vettes already. Mostly cammed cars and nitrous. And yes i was saying that a wet shot puts down more power on these cars than a dry shot and yes i was also saying that it is safer, if you have a TT or window switch. Hey arent you the guy that tried to tell us you dont need to spend more than 300. bucks for nitrous?
Old 02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know what it takes to do what to a supra. I dont like supras or care about them. And i havent worked on a supra before. But i have worked on lots of F-bodies and vettes already. Mostly cammed cars and nitrous. And yes i was saying that a wet shot puts down more power on these cars than a dry shot and yes i was also saying that it is safer, if you have a TT or window switch. Hey arent you the guy that tried to tell us you dont need to spend more than 300. bucks for nitrous?
A reasonable range is between $300 and $400 unless you get a really good deal.

If the dry system was slower then you were not getting a 100hp from it.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The rule of thumb is not to spray under 3000 with a wet kit. You are correct that with a wet kit the only fuel component that may need to be upgraded would be the pump, either by replacing it with a higher output one or using a Boost-A-Pump. This would be so as not to drain the rails when the fuel noid opened.

Some high horsepower guys, typically supercharged, see tip in fuel pressure drops , even with upgraded pumps, because of the returnless fuel system. Some of them are reverting back to the 97-98 fuel rail system. I do not think you would need to do this.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

NXRicky knows what iw as talking about. The stock injectors normally cant even take a bigger cam, let alone H/C. Check with somebody that does tuning and they can probably tell you around where your duty cycle is for that H/C package. And they'll be able to tell you if you need to change them or not, but im 100% sure they'll tell you to get new injectors, atleast 30lb SVO's, because on chevys they normally run around 35lbs.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

NXRicky knows what iw as talking about. The stock injectors normally cant even take a bigger cam, let alone H/C. Check with somebody that does tuning and they can probably tell you around where your duty cycle is for that H/C package. And they'll be able to tell you if you need to change them or not, but im 100% sure they'll tell you to get new injectors, atleast 30lb SVO's, because on chevys they normally run around 35lbs.
Really now... then how am I doing a 250 shot dry on the stock injectors and pump? Just wondering how you got your numbers.

Of course any shop is going to tell you that you need parts... that's how they make money... selling parts. You are fine with a hundred through the MAF. When you actually run nitrous, you will find out quickly that the dry systems hit much harder and generally speaking you get more power out of a dry system given the same variables.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Guys, I relly don't care about injectors with a H/C cam and weather it's over taxes right now or not. Their not!!!. I don't have a super nor do i care about a super. I have Z06.
I'm only asking about the N2o system
My injectors are fine with the set-up a have. This is why i paid good money at Speed Inc. to do and install all of my mod's.

5 Litereater & DynotuneN2o, thank for your feedback.

Last edited by jz06man; 02-15-2005 at 04:06 PM. Reason: error
Old 02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jz06man
Guys, I relly don't care about injectors with a H/C cam and weather it's over taxes right now or not. Thier not!!!. I don't have a super nor do i care about a super. I have Z06.
I'm only asking about the N2o system
My injectors are fine with the set-up a have. This is way i paid good money at Spedd Inc. to do and install all of my mod's.

5 Litereater & DynotuneN2o, thank for your feedback.
You are fine with a 100 through the MAF.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jz06man
Which is safer on a modified LS6, H/C pacakge with stock injector & fuel system.
I'm more intrested in safety that growing with the system.
I'm palnning WOT switch,window switch, fuel switch- What else and which kits will fit my needs.
Thanks'
Now I have to ask why you even asked this question here?
when ultimately you're going to pay Speed Inc to do all of the work.
Wouldn't it make sense to discuss it with the people who will be installing it?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
7 Second Club

Received 303 Likes on 203 Posts

Quick, everybody run out and run a 250 dry shot on your stock injectors! The threads in this section have been good entertainment the last few days I must admit.